Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeeker_2008
Trepid

Nervous about trying dried peruvian torch after a difficult experience
    #9290471 - 11/22/08 07:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys. I posted here a long time ago under another username, when this place was "sick" coloured, but I can't remember what it was. This post has ended up quite long, sorry about that. I've also posted it on another messageboard, just in case you see it around. I wanted to get a few different opinions on this :smile:

I've taken acid around 15-20 times years ago, normally getting to around level 3, with some level 4 trips. Never went for a level 5.

I've also had mushrooms a few times, maybe 4 or 5?

The thing is that the last time I did mushrooms I'd been given a gift of 3 different types of cubes (mexican, indian and cambodian iirc) as well as some truffles

All in all I ate around 15g wet of each type, but during the trip at some point I picked up the truffles and started eating them like a snack, without really thinking about it, and I must have eaten at least 15g more of them..

I got to a point where if I stopped focusing and laid back, the walls would split and I could see the universe before me. At certain times in my life I'm sure I could have coped with this, but on this particular evening I had a few friends round and I'd simply gotten carried away and eaten more mushrooms than I had originally intended to. I got quite panicked, but my friend held my hand (on request!) and I found that if I kept constantly looking around and changing my focus I could keep in contact with reality.

I eventually came down - I wouldn't say it was a bad trip, but I'd wandered into a heroic dose without really giving it the respect it deserved, so it really unnerved me. Ever since then, when visiting the netherlands with friends, I've never tried mushrooms again, I have an anxiety about it all after what happened. I know logically on a lower dose I'd be fine, and I could work my way back into it by giving it the respect it deserves. However, the trepidation I feel just holds me back. So it's been around 5 years now since I've had any psychedelics.

One thing I have noticed recently is the availability online of dried peruvian torch in the UK, where I live.

After reading lots of trip reports, it would seem that mescaline allows a much more lucid trip, and when I went to look at bad trips under mescaline on erowid, there were none to be found!

I'm now thinking about trying out mescaline. I think I'm going to have to go with the brewing method, and drink the delicious sounding bitter snot-slime, because it looks like the reagents required for a successful extraction seem to be overly complicated to get a hold of here (for an example, muriatic acid - you don't get pool shops in the UK!)

So what I'm wondering about is what dose I should go for? I've seen trip reports from people who seem to have had quite strong level 3-4 experiences on about 20-25g dried cactus, and other people who've only had threshold experiences on the same amount. I also read that the potency of PT can vary by up to about 100% ? So I don't want to take 20g and end up on a 40g trip, especially since mescaline lasts so long.

● Ideally, I would like around a level 2 trip really, just to ease me back into things. I'm a very well built guy and about 6'1"... Any suggestions?

● Also, I'll be in Scotland visiting family for around 9 days near christmas. If I was to try a lowish dose one day, how many days would you recommend waiting before I tried another dose, assuming everything went well?

● Finally, out of these two, which would you recommend? I didn't know if there was a difference between the dried samples and the chips. On this particular site only the dried samples have a trip report at the bottom.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Dried_San_Pedro__Trichocereus_Peruvianus.cfm?iProductID=2309

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Dried_Peruvian_Torch__Chips.cfm?iProductID=5385

(If you know a better UK based supplier, please let me know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Nervous about trying dried peruvian torch after a difficult experience [Re: Seeker_2008]
    #9290480 - 11/22/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You'll be fine. 60 grams of mushrooms isn't really a very recreational dose anyway. You should trip out nice on mescaline.

Edit: oh and search deva ethno, pretty sure it will be nicer and cheaper.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Edited by Grapefruit (11/22/08 10:08 AM)

OfflineSeeker_2008
Trepid

Re: Nervous about trying dried peruvian torch after a difficult experience [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9291627 - 11/22/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thanks grapefruit.. anyone else? :smile:

OfflineSeeker_2008
Trepid

Re: Nervous about trying dried peruvian torch after a difficult experience [Re: Seeker_2008]
    #9298088 - 11/23/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

no one? :frown:

Offlinejfoster
"That" guy

#9298163 - 11/23/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

mescaline is very gentle. to me it would be hard to have a bad time on it.

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
    #9298189 - 11/23/08 03:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You should be fine man, like grapefruit said 60g's isn't really a recreational dose so if you can handle that alright 25g of dried cactus should be a breeze. I have found that 25g is a very subtle and mind opening experience, i'm sure you'll love the stuff.

I think that will get you to where you want to go, mescaline is pretty chilled out. A lot of people will tell you it's almost impossible to have a bad trip on, and it's pretty much true. I thought that until I decided it would be 5 times the fun if I dosed 125g dry, it wasn't. Well it sorta was, but i don't think i'll be doing it again anytime soon.

http://www.salvia-divinorum-supplies.co.uk/products.php?id=11

That place is pretty good for cactus chips. It's where i've got mine from in the past and they are decent quality, pretty good price too.

Edited by MindFood (11/23/08 03:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder