Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Non-pic id needed, first timer
    #928657 - 10/03/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, here is what I have so far (southern-mid ontario, outside toronto area):

~~~~~~~~~~

First one, somewhat looks like pan subb (but im inexperienced)-

Cap- 2cm long
1cm width (top to bottom)
Brown, the top part (tip) is dark brown, then as you go down its light light brown (mid section), then around edges is a dark brown ring, lighter than the dark at the point, follow by the light light brown continuation.
Gills are not attached to one another, and brown.

Stem- 2.5 cm long (plus 1cm cap)
0.2 cm or so width
Brown, and I belive hollow.

No spore print yet, i initially left it on white paper, and it did leave a brown spore ring sort of, will know for a sure in hour or so. I found two of these, both small, together, on a lawn.

-----

Second one:

Cap- 6cm (approx 2.25 inches) long
1 inch width (top to bottom)
The top of the cap is a golden-brown, and the rest of the mushroom is white. The gills are white and not attached (I hear white gills is usually a dead give away for poisonous or non active).

Stem- 5 inches length
3/4 inch thick
White. Not hollow, pretty thick. Strong musky smell.

~~~~~

Both of these mushrooms were found on the same lawn, and there were 5 or so white ones on the lawn, and only the 2 brown ones side by side.

I will have a spore print as soon as I can.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: Non-pic id needed, first timer [Re: spliffguru]
    #928925 - 10/03/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, the first one, pan subb looking one, had a black print.

The white one had a white spore print. I also noticed that the white one had a little bit of a nipple.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: Non-pic id needed, first timer [Re: spliffguru]
    #929250 - 10/03/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like this

the bottom middle one looks just like the first I found..self-diagnosed pan subb. Would it really help with the id if i got a pic up? Pan Subb

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale