Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Monotub pinning on bag
    #9285721 - 11/21/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok,  Ive got a monotub thats been put into fruiting condition for 5 days now. Now,  I seem to have a bit of moisture built up in the substrate.  There are little, tiny droplets of water on the whole thing which ive tried to soak up with paper towel the best I can but still many droplet seem to glisten the whole thing.  Now..  I have primordia growing up the sides on the trash bags where there is alot of rhizomorphic growth running up the bag itself, with a couple of pins.  Now my question is,  is the moisture from these droplet effecting the growth of primordia or pins on the actual substrate,  or is it usual to see primordia and pins on the trash bags before any on the substrate itself.  I am sure lack of moisture on the bag is what causing pinning on the bag.  What should I do?

Edited by widowmaker487 (11/21/08 02:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Re: Monotub pinning on bag [Re: widowmaker487]
    #9285855 - 11/21/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ant trusted cultivators around by any chance,  if not anyone will do hehe

--------------------
Everything I eat is from the Earth, right.
I am what I eat straight up Earth, right.
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth nice to meet you how do ya do.
Guess what. Ya you're one too.

Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

#9286192 - 11/21/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings.

I am not so sure that 'the lack of moisture on the bag' is the reason for the pinning there.  Trays and tubs often pin on the edges because this is where the conditions are best, ie., high humidity there.  It seems that moisture is released from the substrate along the edges, hence pinning there.

I also don't think water droplets are halting the formation of primordia .... I have seen it form in very wet conditions (I have heard that pan cyan pins have trouble on an overly wet casing layer, but I don't think cubes are that picky.).

If you are opening up your monotub to dab the water droplets off your substrate, fan the water droplets to get evaporation going. If you are opening, then you could mist and fan to get things going.

Hope this gives you something to think about and doesn't totally 'lead you astray' !

Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Re: Monotub pinning on bag [Re: uncle_rico]
    #9286477 - 11/21/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks alot, I actually did fan them earlier for the first time with a small desk fan for about  a minute.  Yea I was just worried if maybe my sub was to wet for them to form without a problem in there. The sub is shrinking a bit so Im guessing they should start forming pretty soon then on the actual sub huh?

--------------------

Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

#9287005 - 11/21/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Substrate is shrinking .... this happens as moisture is lost ... and it is good if moisture is lost because mushrooms are taking the moisture to grow.

In your case, you haven't had a flush yet, so I wouldn't think your substrate is too wet.  Just the opposite.

Since you are opening the monotub and fiddling with it, MIST and FAN that dog!

The big FAE with stimulate the pinset and growth ... and the moisture will also be good.

If you are seeing initial pinning along the edges, it shouldn't be too long before you see more pinning across the top of the substrate.  Lots and lots of pinning would be cool.

Good luck.

--------------------

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Monotub pinning on bag [Re: uncle_rico]
    #9287277 - 11/21/08 06:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

When you see mycelium running up the sides of the plastic or the tub itself and pins form with no visible nutrient source it's being brought up from the substrate below.

Neat eh

--------------------

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Re: Monotub pinning on bag [Re: HybridprX]
    #9288760 - 11/21/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yea it is pretty cool how they have a little network of mycelium bringing up the nutes.  As for lots and lots of pins,  I hope.  I am giving them all the love they need, so I hope they return the favor and give me some love back.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom