Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

END THE FED!
    #9283694 - 11/21/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I received this email from the Campaign for Liberty web site.  I figure since I cannot attend any of the rallies, I could at least do my part and help spread the word.

November 20, 2008

Right now, Americans are looking for answers as our nation undergoes another economic crisis. It is a key component of our message that the Federal Reserve system lies at the heart of these financial problems. This weekend, activists will gather at Fed branches across the country to call for the end of the Federal Reserve System and for a return to sound money.

Ron Paul will be speaking around 12:30 pm central at the Houston "End the Fed" rally on Saturday, and while these rallies are not C4L-sponsored events, we wanted to make sure you were aware of this grassroots effort. The organizers of "End the Fed" have provided us with event background and website information, which is included below.

While enjoying the festivities if you are able to attend, please keep in mind that the organizers are promoting a peaceful event. Anything along the lines of vandalism or violence will only discredit the movement and set back our efforts to reform our nation's monetary system.

The battle to reclaim our Republic is just beginning, and it is a fight that we can and will win if we stick together and work hard.

Matt Hawes
Campaign for Liberty

On the night of November 22, 1910, a group of bankers met at an elite resort at Jekyll Island, Georgia.

So began the dark conception of the Federal Reserve System, which many economists argue is responsible for devouring the political and financial wealth of America. The U.S. Dollar has seen a better than 98% decline in its purchasing power since that time.

G. Edward Griffin summarizes here: "The purpose of this meeting on Jekyll Island was...to come to an agreement on the structure and operation of a banking cartel. The goal of the cartel, as is true with all of them, was to maximize profits by minimizing competition between members, to make it difficult for new competitors to enter the field, and to utilize the police power of government to enforce the cartel agreement. In more specific terms, the purpose and, indeed, the actual outcome of this meeting was to create the blueprint for the Federal Reserve System." From "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin

On November 22, 2008, ninety-eight years later, End the Fed! will announce the initiation of a grassroots, unfunded, transpartisan citizens movement for Sound Money with rallies at every Federal Reserve Bank and office in the country. Activists will demand an end to private banker control over the nation's money supply and the return to a hard, commodity backed monetary system. Their slogan is simple and direct: "End the Fed! Sound Money for America!"

End the Fed! activists believe that the Federal Reserve Bank, through its inflation of the money supply and the distortion of free markets resulting from its intervention, is responsible for the current financial and economic crisis. They also hold that the current round of "bailouts" and federal government nationalization of large segments of the financial sector further inflates the US dollar and disrupts the proper functioning of the markets and will ultimately serve to plunge the nation into an even more severe crisis, quite possibly even into a serious depression.

End the Fed! supports the passage of Representative Ron Paul's legislation which would repeal the Federal Reserve Act, H.R. 2755.

Rallies will be held in the following 39 cities:

Boston, Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Little Rock, Louisville, Memphis, Minneapolis, Helena, Kansas City, Denver, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Dallas, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Washington, D.C.

The End Begins November 22nd

To sign up for End the Fed go here:

http://www.EndTheFed.US

To find your local ETF group and November 22nd Rally:
http://www.endthefed.us/organize.php
http://www.RestoreTheRepublic.net
http://endthefedusa.ning.com

Join the End the Fed Meetup:

http://www.RonPaul.Meetup.com/186

Please keep in mind that the End the Fed project is purely a grassroots undertaking‚ and‚ as such‚ is not run by C4L. All questions and other items of business should be taken care of by contacting those in charge through the information given on their website. Also‚ because we are not in charge of this project‚ C4L cannot make any guarantees about it. This email is provided as an informational service to our members. By participating in End the Fed, you take full responsibility for any issues arising from that participation.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: END THE FED! [Re: Ogre812]
    #9283830 - 11/21/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The goal of the cartel, as is true with all of them, was to maximize profits by minimizing competition between members, to make it difficult for new competitors to enter the field

Take that and look at what has been happening with this latest crisis, caused by the Federal Reserve Chairs allowing the shadow markets to go unregulated.

The smaller banks went bankrupt and are no longer competition. Other banks, gobbled up banks and took them over and out of the pool. The bail out money so far, under Bernakes TARP plan, has only be used for more bank mergers and acquisitions. It all came out at the recent TARP hearings.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: END THE FED! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #9283856 - 11/21/08 08:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly.  I'm sick of the bailouts, I'm sick of big money ruling everyone, and I'm especially sick of the Federal Reserve Bank.  I wish that I could attend any of those rallies, but I have no way of doing so.  I would like to attend the one in Nashville, or Louisville.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9283875 - 11/21/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Who are they going to bail out next?

Hey thanks for posting this by the way, I live in one of those cities and will attend for sure! I wouldn't have known otherwise!

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: END THE FED! [Re: Green_T]
    #9283879 - 11/21/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My pleasure, sir.  I am anxious to see who the next dildos that can't run a business right, that want some money are.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#9283926 - 11/21/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
Who are they going to bail out next?

I saw on the news late last night that the railroads are getting in line now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#9283934 - 11/21/08 08:54 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Right, I should have known.  lol

--------------------

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9285586 - 11/21/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

its a shame this correlation isn't spoken of on mainstream media :frown:

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: END THE FED! [Re: Deekay]
    #9285619 - 11/21/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I know,  I wish I had more outlets to help spread the word.  So I'll go ahead and say this:  To everyone that reads this thread, please copy it and send it out through any means possible.  email, other forums, etc..  Although I can't attend myself, I hope that many do.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#9285637 - 11/21/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone interest in activism for liberty should just sign up here to get on the e-mail list,

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

This one too-

http://www.breakthematrix.com/

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#9285685 - 11/21/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

www.ronpaul.com as well.  I like to use www.govtrack.us , so I can see what is going on in congress.

--------------------

Edited by Ogre812 (11/21/08 01:59 PM)

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
    #9286631 - 11/21/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

anyone watch freedomtofascism?

also another good documentary is called

"the century of the self" by the bbc on google video.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: END THE FED! [Re: eatyualive]
    #9286754 - 11/21/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I always figured things were fucked up in our country, but that movie really made me start looking deeper and paying closer attention.  Once I started opening my eyes I was ashamed for not paying attention sooner.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #9287906 - 11/21/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

FUCK THE FED! Nothing but criminals that deserve execution for treason!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: END THE FED! [Re: eatyualive]
    #9288476 - 11/21/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:

I watched about half of freedom2fascism then started to google. I found this page on George Washington U's law website:Income tax page. It nullifies all the arguments made in that documentary about not having to pay income tax. It seems to me like a crackpot conspiracy theory.

That page also has a section devoted to the documentary.

I think some of the documentaries that are coming out are capitalizing on people's fear and mistrust of the government.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

#9289093 - 11/21/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
Quote:

eatyualive said:

I watched about half of freedom2fascism then started to google. I found this page on George Washington U's law website:Income tax page. It nullifies all the arguments made in that documentary about not having to pay income tax. It seems to me like a crackpot conspiracy theory.

That page also has a section devoted to the documentary.

I think some of the documentaries that are coming out are capitalizing on people's fear and mistrust of the government.

Sorry. Wrong!

The Income Tax is illegal because it's a direct tax that's not apportioned.
A central bank is illegal.
Only the government can print legal tender. Fed is a private bank.
Gold and Silver are the only legal currency.
The 16th Amendment confers no new powers of taxation, Supreme Court has said so numerous times.
The 16th wasn't properly ratified.
It does say in the IRS tax code that it is voluntary.
There might be "laws" written but they violate The Constitution and are therefore illegal. I don't care what they website says, it was written by Blue Blooded lawyers that are obviously corrupt. You can't write law that violates The Constitution... yet, these pieces of shit still do.
Notice how they say your "Labor" is taxable. Yeah, they don't...
You can't create amendments that violate other amendments... some people just don't get it.
This guy is obviously a rich brat that doesn't have to struggle paycheck to paycheck because 30 to 50 percent is stolen.

You work 3-4 months out of each year to put money in the pockets of the corrupt bankers that have America by the balls. If that, and only that, doesn't piss you off then I'm afraid you're lost already.

The only thing that was crackpot about that movie was the RFID chips part.

--------------------
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#9289279 - 11/21/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Jiggy, I am so glad that in spite of our past misunderstandings we have a cause we can both support! :smile:

We can do better than this system, folks. We can let the current mechanism self-destruct or we can get behind a new system which is not supported by debt-based money.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: END THE FED! [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9289317 - 11/21/08 11:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I had to email him after reading his site.

Quote:

Hello,

I have a few questions about the tax portion of your website.

Why do you not mention the fact that a central bank is not legal
according to The Constitution?

Why do you not mention that all income taxes are solely absorbed by
loans to our government by said central bank?

Why is there no mention of this central bank being a privately owned
entity and why hasn't the list of its real owners ever been released
to The Public? Doesn't secrecy scream fraud to you? It does to me.

Why does The Constitution state that only the government is able to
print currency?

Why are we using Fiat Currency when The Constitution explicitly
defines what is legal tender?

Why can amendments be written to violate other amendments? I don't
think this is legal whatsoever.

I do agree that The 16th Amendment was passed. However I also think
that "Big Bankers" played a large role in its inception.
Honestly. Why were we so prosperous until 1913? Was there ever a need
for these tax laws and a central bank? Why aren't those points
examined? The fact that there wasn't ever even a real reason to
instill a central bank and new income tax law should be, but never is,
examined.

I'm not trying to incite a frivolous debate or controversial argument.
I'm merely soliciting an intelligent reply.

I'm also asking you to please reply simply because I'd like to read
your views or even provided facts on these questions that I've posed.
Personally I feel that these laws can and should be repealed simply
because we don't need a central bank, and/or an income tax. The money
is not used for anything except interest that shouldn't even exist in
the first place.

I understand that there is plenty of disinformation that is being
spread throughout the World Wide Web. I'm not sure if you've seen a
documentary entitled "The Money Masters", but I feel this is one of
the most important and one of the more credible documentaries
available for viewing.

A good book that's very credible is "The Creature From Jeckyll
Island". The next time you're in Alaska or wherever, please do give
this one a read. You won't regret it.

My whole point of these questions really is; Why should these things
even exist? Is there a real reason for them? I feel they shouldn't,
and there isn't a real reason except for greed. Debt-based currencies
throughout history have always self-destructed regardless. We were
fine before 1913 and these things should not even exist!

I appreciate your time.

My argument is that it is not, and never has been required. We did fine before 1913... there isn't even a "real" need for this type of system.

I also agree that debt-based monetary systems are self destructive.

This documentary entitled "The Money Masters" is much more detailed than Freedom to Fascism. You can't debunk this one...

Here is another: "The Creature From Jekyll Island"

--------------------
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Edited by mushroomhunter10 (11/22/08 12:10 AM)

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: END THE FED! [Re: zorbman]
    #9290675 - 11/22/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
We can do better than this system, folks. We can let the current mechanism self-destruct or we can get behind a new system which is not supported by debt-based money.

Right on Zorb.  There aught to be a new system, :thumbup: but it REALLY should be in place before the collapse of the fiat dollar.  It will minimize any strife that comes from the inevitable hyper-inflation.

Sadly, the US federal government has crushed any attempts by free citizens to devise their own sound medium of exchange.

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Re: END THE FED! [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9290792 - 11/22/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Please post the reply from the law professor when you get one.

If you think paying income tax is unconstitutional and don't pay it you will get put in jail, and the supreme court won't even hear your case. I personally think (and have heard from other sources) the war on drugs is unconstitutional, but I'm not going outside to smoke a joint and hope for my day in court.

I do however think there may be some truth involved with the central banking system doing some shady shit. Watch the "money as debt" video in my sig, it points out some inherent flaws with our system.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Edited by green_titan (11/22/08 10:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder