Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethefarside
Pressed a button changed my face
 User Gallery
ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru
    #9280012 - 11/20/08 04:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, only photos now as my internet time is limited. I will of course add some info in the next few days. These are all from 3600-4000 meters in Peru, after some good rain. There is cow poop everywhere here, even the mossy woods.

Thank you all for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: thefarside]
    #9280161 - 11/20/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

1 - 2) Lepiota sp.
3 - 5) Stropharia semiglobata
6) Panaeolus papilionaceus
7) Conocybe sp.
8) Could be Agaricus or several other things, need a pic of the underside of the cap.

None of these are active or edible, keep looking!

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9283787 - 11/21/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
1 - 2) Lepiota sp.
3 - 5) Stropharia semiglobata
6) Panaeolus papilionaceus
7) Conocybe sp.
8) Could be Agaricus or several other things, need a pic of the underside of the cap.

are you looking for  mushrooms that grow on dung? , above 3000 meter no warn dung lover will grow there , you may find psilocybe semilanceata  in grasses where  sheep graze , strictipes also , they dont grow from  dung but from the grass
if you like to find cubensis go to the jungle ,

here is something about the vegetation of peru
En el Perú la complejidad de las cadenas andinas genera una sucesión de pisos ecológicos diversos desde el mar tropical, el desierto, el bosque seco, los bosques templados, la jalca, los valles cálidos (yunga), la ceja de selva (bosques de neblina) y los bosques tropicales amazónicos, depositarios de una composición florística muy rica que a la actualidad según Brako & Zarucchi (1993) estaría representada por ca. 17,144 especies entre Gimnospermas y Angiospermas, distribuidas en 2458 géneros y 224 familias.
what you need to look is the bosques templados ,bosques de neblina ceja de selva para los psilocybe como zapotecorun yunguensis etc. iy en valles calidos, bosques tropicales amazonicos el mar tropical , son areas de psilocybe cubensis ,y las altas montañas , como la puna, paramos etc, con pastizales pueden tener psilocybe semilanceata y otros,

hope you  keep posting about the great inca world

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: cactu]
    #9284766 - 11/21/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you may find psilocybe semilanceata  in grasses where  sheep graze

Psilocybe semilanceata is not known from South America, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were some other species in that section growing at high elevations.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9286002 - 11/21/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i found this  http://www.earthstongue.com/site/388422/product/Psilocybe_Zapotecorum_20cc_Spore_Syringe

Psilocybe semilanceata, the liberty cap, is a psychedelic mushroom that contains the psychoactive compound psilocybin. It grows on grassy meadows and similar; particularly in wet, south-facing fields and other habitats well fertilized by sheep and other cattle feces, although unlike Psilocybe cubensis it does not grow directly on the dung itself. It is found throughout the cool temperate and subarctic regions of the Northern Hemisphere and it is most common in "Europe, Russia, India, Peru and the Pacific Northwest United States and Northeastern North America."

See more at Wikipedia.org...

clandestinely throughout much of the world; Psilocybe semilanceata (fig. 5),

Fig.5.

often referred to as the liberty cap is common in Europe, Russia, India, Peru and the Pacific Northwest United States and Northeastern North America

i don't know where is some paper of Guzman that speak about the new species and new location in Peru and Brazil maybe you have it , i remember he mention PS semilanceata in Peru , and makes sense since Peru have really high mountain with grasses , with many herbivore's  there, maybe  some local specie too but i bet also semilanceata since this also have been reported from Chile maybe is not the same specie but that what i read long ago .

for the original poster , i like to mention the season fro the high land  mushrooms most be the contrary as the norther hemisphere season and in england and in USA is semilanceata season so they most grow when new Zealand semilanceata are out. It all depends on the weather. Once it starts rainy well and the daily temp is under 60 degrees is when they start to come out.

here a good reading for ya all
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2644234/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

if i was hunting actives in peru i will concentrate my effort in the tropical rain forest area for cubensis , copelandia etc.
in mountain rain forest i will look for other psilocybe as yunguensis , zapotecorum and many more that are around , since in Colombia and Brazil  are loot of record from psilocybe  it is possible that in Peru some of those specie most grow there.
and in the mountain tall grass and scrub and in mountain short grass or better i guess in alpines wastes and specially in the border of Chile and Peru  there most be some psilocybe semilanceata, and many other grass temperate lovers, maybe strictipes or other local specie since so much fauna  over there , that can promote the grow of grass land mushrooms as llamas, vicuna,alpacas etc.

i have seem study that the semilanceata or stictipes  of Chile are different that the ones in USA for example, can not locate the information sorry maybe someone can .

:laugh:

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: thefarside]
    #9286039 - 11/21/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Nice shots! This is EXTREMELY interesting...please post more!

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Offlinethefarside
Pressed a button changed my face
 User Gallery
Re: ID Request Multiple Mushrooms from Peru [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #9298976 - 11/23/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you all for the replies... I´ll try to update the information on this post and send some new photos soon from my further travels.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds