Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychedelica
Stranger
Mushrooms and weakness/fainting
    #9276931 - 11/20/08 05:41 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So awhile back (made a post about this actually) someone had given me some of what I thought at the time were liberty caps, and about 2 hours after their consumption I felt weak and actually fainted from them, which worried me quite a bit at the time! On that note they also didn't do anything psychedelic, so I am damn-near sure that they were bunk.

Anyways more recently, found some nice cyanescens - which I did everything in my human power to assure that they were the right things this time. After making tea from them and consuming some (only a small amount for a mild trip) i went to a friends house. There, I was fine in terms of being able to control myself...

But at one point while I was there, I suddenly felt really weak and lightheaded. Also at that same moment, the shrooms seemed to suddenly become much stronger (and notedly scarier.) The world around me seemed to suddenly take on a more evil, dark character (people's faces changing, morphing of objects, unable to concentrate on speech etc.) I asked for some water and my friend told me to go get it -- so I went to the kitchen and had the feeling as if I was going to faint again, so I quickly sat onto the ground and let things settle down for a minute. I know that if I'd hadn't, I would have fainted. It didn't feel right at all and shook me up quite a bit.

And for like 10 minutes after that I had a ringing in my ears. It was rather frightening, but after a few minutes of sitting and sipping on water, I was just fine.

Does anybody else get a similar weakness from mushrooms? This was a bit ago now and there have been no ill symptoms since, however Im scared that if I trip again this may happen again and I might not be able to catch myself in time if I feel weak, and could harm myself. I'm in relatively good health, and take care of myself...also this has only happened to date while on mushrooms so yeah.

So yeah I am having problems trying to pinpoint a source of these fainting/weakness spells. It could have been anything from a panic attack to dehydration to hunger, I have no idea...but it isn't the first time and that is what scares me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepoisonshroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Aus Flag
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: Psychedelica]
    #9276944 - 11/20/08 05:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like a panic attack... i get that sometimes off just weed, and sometimes some psychedelics (cough, lsa) can get me close to it as well
my guess is because you are  tripping, the panic attack seems a lot worse and puts you into a bad trip
also, you said that at least one of those trips was a pretty low dose, so maybe you werent tripping enough to let it linger... the weakness would have faded and you would realise and stop freaking out
i know when i come up on mushies i feel really weak and i get kinda freaked out a bit, so maybe thats whats triggering it?

idk... :ganja:

Offlinetwist
Pothead
Male

#9276950 - 11/20/08 06:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Same thing happened to me and I haven't done shroom's
scince I get nosuas sometimes thinking back on trips.
That specific time I remember seeing skeletal Mushroom
Looking thing's, and straight up skulls...

--------------------
(sorry if this made no sense I'm a stoner that's almost
my job if I got payed)

OfflinePsychedelica
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: poisonshroom]
    #9276951 - 11/20/08 06:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sounds like a panic attack... i get that sometimes off just weed, and sometimes some psychedelics (cough, lsa) can get me close to it as well
my guess is because you are  tripping, the panic attack seems a lot worse and puts you into a bad trip
also, you said that at least one of those trips was a pretty low dose, so maybe you werent tripping enough to let it linger... the weakness would have faded and you would realise and stop freaking out
i know when i come up on mushies i feel really weak and i get kinda freaked out a bit, so maybe thats whats triggering it?

Well's, in the more recent one I was already a good 2-3 hours into the trip before that happened so it wasn't during the coming up...however, at the same time I started feeling weak, I also began tripping much harder (and frankly, a bit harder than I expected from that low a dose but meh it is cyans).

So yeah a panic attack is definitely not ruled out, but being as I was relatively calm and at peace up until that point I don't really see much of a trigger other than perhaps a sudden powerful upsurge in psilocybes. Things seem to get extremely trippy, usually in a scary way, when this happens.

You'll be glad to know that I didn't let it affect the rest of my trip/evening, and still managed to have a good time :smile:

Offlineknoxsailor1309
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: poisonshroom]
    #9276952 - 11/20/08 06:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

IVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT BEFORE? HUM..... I CAN SAY WITH MOST CONFINDCE THAT IS WAS NOT THE MUSHROOMS. NOT EVEN IF THEY WERE CONTAINAMATIONED.IF THEY WERE, YOU WOULD JUST GET SICK,SWEAT, AND MAYBE SWELL UP IN THE FACE A BIT.

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: knoxsailor1309]
    #9276956 - 11/20/08 06:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well since contamns can't transfer into the mushroom I will say that it has to be exasorbating a greater issue if anything. It could be the anxiety of the onsetting trip but you also may want to go see a neurologist because it may be a sign of something worse. None of us are Dr.'s and you should probably consult one who doesn't just blame it on the shrooms....be honest with them too so they can really figure it out, you could just be really dehydrated too so if your piss is dark then you need to drink more water...if not....I would say you should see a Dr ASAP.

--------------------
aka NHMI

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
    #9276962 - 11/20/08 06:14 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know about the fainting but I get to where I gotta sit down on the come up.  And lately I had a dark and kinda gothic looking trip where faces were Elvish and wicked.  For  a brief moment I had to question whether I had died and was in Hell or purgatory. 
I just laughed and it brightened up. 
This reminded me of something I heard a priest say (off-duty after a few scotches)...He said "test all spirits before following any."

I believe I am in somewhat control of my trip and literally guide it where I want it to go or more accurately, away from where I dont want to go!

Breathing and meditation can help keep it positive.
Hope this helps you.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Edited by Vermonster420 (11/20/08 07:20 AM)

Offlinetwist
Pothead
Male

Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9276979 - 11/20/08 06:21 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Vermonster420 said:
I don't know about the fainting but I get to where I gotta sit down on the come up.  And lately I had a dark and kinda gothic looking trip where faces were Elvis and wicked.  For  a brief moment I had to question whether I had died and was in Hell or purgatory. 
I just laughed and it brightened up. 
This reminded me of something I heard a priest say (off-duty after a few scotches)...He said "test all spirits before following any."

I believe I am in somewhat control of my trip and literally guide it where I want it to go or more accurately, away from where I dont want to go!

Breathing and meditation can help keep it positive.
Hope this helps you.

I agree. The trigger to the skulls and stuff in my
trip I believe were from a negative commercial.
I believe I will do mushroom's again but this time
I will fully understand the spirituality because
before I went where the mushrooms lead in my brain,
and just went with the flow whereas now I would try
to control more.

--------------------
(sorry if this made no sense I'm a stoner that's almost
my job if I got payed)

OfflinePsychedelica
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: twist]
    #9276990 - 11/20/08 06:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

After searching through various threads on this I realized that it may be worth mentioning that pot was involved. Could definitely understand that playing a role, but don't think it was the only cause.

Offlineknoxsailor1309
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9277007 - 11/20/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

its about time someone mention spiritually on shrooms!!! tripping is just a short cut to cosmic conscious!!! remember that for all you philosophy majors in here!

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
    #9277029 - 11/20/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i had a girlfriend this used to happen to...it didnt seem to bother her though,she'd faint,id catch her and she was on her way...enjoying her trip!:grin:

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #9277129 - 11/20/08 07:39 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If they were pan cyanscens I hope you would take into account they are more potent. It took my girl and I 32 grams fresh material to send us soaring. Thats about a little less than a half 1/16 oz. If this were the case, from what I've gathered you're new to mushrooms and I could definitely see this happening...also they mentioned pot, so look at that too.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: ReefaCheefa]
    #9277368 - 11/20/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The fainting isn't a panic attack or contamination or anything of the sort. This is far from uncommon. I haven't actually fainted, but I've come very close and it feels very much like low blood pressure. I believe that mushrooms are a vaso-dilator, so that would support that theory. The only thing to really fear from this is falling and hurting yourself, so if you're feeling weak on mushrooms, sit down for a few minutes. I think the rush feels pretty cool :lol:

--------------------

Offlinedeyon01
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9277495 - 11/20/08 09:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I puke everytime I do shrooms.  No matter how I do them.  Eat em, drink em, chocolates.  DonĀ“t know why.  Prefer acid.  Tried San Pedro in Peru, puked.  Try acid.  :mushroom2:

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #9277605 - 11/20/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

sounds just like a panic attack, on shrooms there doesnt have to be a direct reason for having one.  I used to get them when I would take an eighth and the same thing would happen, I would feel as if i was going to fain, visuals would become overly intense often dark and shadow like

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelica
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #9279203 - 11/20/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ah ReefaCheefa they were psilocybe cyanescens, not pans.

And I am glad to know that I am not alone on this whole weakness/fainting thing. It can be quite frightening!

LSDreamer: do you mean a vasoconstrictor? Ergolines (related to LSD) are often vasoconstricters so it wouldn't surprise me if that was also true of psiloc(yb)in or other compounds contained in mushrooms. If that's true, then Caffeine would be helpful to dilate the blood vessels again (theobromine, one of its metabolites, is a vasodilator.)

That might be a good thing to know actually :laugh:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9279235 - 11/20/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'll say again, I really, really don't think this phenomenon is caused by panic attacks. I think its mostly low blood pressure. Smoking weed will exacerbate the problem.

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelica
Stranger
    #9279271 - 11/20/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

And actually Psilocybin is listed on wiki as being a vasoconstrictor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasoconstrictor#Exogenous_medications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Metabolism

So you may be right, perhaps if I feel weak I should just bust out a mountain dew or somethin :p

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9279292 - 11/20/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Eh, either way, I still think it feels exactly like low blood pressure. Why does it happen? No idea.

--------------------

Offlineknoxsailor1309
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and weakness/fainting [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9284796 - 11/21/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you hit the nail on the head bro!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
7,616 topic views. 2 members, 50 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.