Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Delivering Pizzas
    #9274997 - 11/19/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So, I got fucking tired of just going to school 3 days a week, and FINALLY got a job. It's just at a pizza place, but delivering pizzas sounds like a pretty relaxed job.

I've worked at a pizza place before, and 9 out of 10 of the employees smoked weed. I wonder if this place will be anything like that? I mean, how can you not be a stoner and work at a pizza place? It just seems like the ultimate stoner job. Hell, I smoked every day at that job. Inside even when customers were there, we would just be in the back doing dishes, hitting a bowl.

Anyway, to make a point to this thread (damn opiates got me rambling) has anyone here ever delivered pizzas, or worked at a pizza place? This will be my first time delivering, and if there are any tips or anything to get better tips anyone would like to share, I would love to hear it. Cause i need moneyz!! Bad! I get $6.55 an hour plus tips, and I 1.00 dollar per delivery for gas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #9275030 - 11/19/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I used to deliver, I didn't care for it much but I'd be willing to give it a second chance if needed.

Oh and I'd like to share a trick I used. I'd keep a small notebook in my car and I write down the names and addresses of the "good tippers" and the "no tippers" and I'd act accordingly

--------------------

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9275180 - 11/19/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I used to deliver, I didn't care for it much but I'd be willing to give it a second chance if needed.

Oh and I'd like to share a trick I used. I'd keep a small notebook in my car and I write down the names and addresses of the "good tippers" and the "no tippers" and I'd act accordingly

Haha, that's exactly what I was asking for, just little things to make the job that much easier. I probably will be doing this.

Offlinecryptic_pickle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #9275214 - 11/19/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man its pretty chilled out, no one breathing down ur neck.  Ide say one way streets are only one way when someones watching :p  Some red lights are the same :P  (not big intersections cos they'll have cameras.

And if u act like ur in a rush all the time but are taking time out of ur 'busy schedule' to be nice to them then they usually are more inclined to tip u.  Oh and cold pizza is great I lived off that shit for liek a year :p  But make sure u eat some vegetables as well otherwise u end up gettin sick

--------------------
"What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
"He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'"
"And why did that upset you?"
"My name is Susan."

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #9275239 - 11/19/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:tunnel:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #9275264 - 11/19/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

My friend took me on a ride along once during his shift.  In that 6 hours we watched 2 DVD's, smoked about 2 grams of pot, and polished off a bottle of soco.  :thumbup:

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: Newbie]
    #9275313 - 11/19/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

delivering pizzas is a pretty bad ass job compared to most things in that pay range. i just got my job back at hungry howies over break so i'll be right out there with you. i love the freedom and being able to dress/do whatever i want while i'm out driving around and getting paid. technically i get 7.50 per hour but with tips it's usually at least 16.

oh and my word of advice: take as many school/special event/huge orders that you can. i've gotten $100 tips delivering a couple hundred pizzas to school events and it only takes one or two runs. :awesome:

Edited by justin_thyme (11/19/08 10:05 PM)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #9275331 - 11/19/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've always wanted to smoke up the pizza dude, but I just end up getting paranoid and realize it's not a smart idea.  If I were a pizza guy though, and someone said, "You blaze?  Here, come hit this."  I'd be blown away!  :grin:

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: KaptKid]
    #9275477 - 11/19/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Don't mean to derail the thread. But why do you post that everywhere kapt?

Never worked delivering pizzas, but I'm always terrified they'll fuck with my food so I tip well.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9275574 - 11/19/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I spent 7 years working in various pizza places, 5 of those as a driver.  Its a bomb job for entry level.  I made on average about $15 an hour, got my first apt and stayed on budget with only 20 hours of work a week.  The atmosphere was fairly relaxed.  Being on the road constantly can be stressful, as can car repairs.  But for the most part its a great job!

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: JT]
    #9275597 - 11/19/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

justin_thyme said:
delivering pizzas is a pretty bad ass job compared to most things in that pay range. i just got my job back at hungry howies over break so i'll be right out there with you. i love the freedom and being able to dress/do whatever i want while i'm out driving around and getting paid. technically i get 7.50 per hour but with tips it's usually at least 16.

oh and my word of advice: take as many school/special event/huge orders that you can. i've gotten $100 tips delivering a couple hundred pizzas to school events and it only takes one or two runs. :awesome:

Is Howie's a chain?
If not I'm ordering a fuck ton of pizza and having it delivered to someone else's address.

--------------------
!

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Delivering Pizzas [Re: Newbie]
    #9275609 - 11/19/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
I've always wanted to smoke up the pizza dude, but I just end up getting paranoid and realize it's not a smart idea.  If I were a pizza guy though, and someone said, "You blaze?  Here, come hit this."  I'd be blown away!  :grin:

That has happened to me on more than one occasion.  The coolest time was they asked me if I smoked, it was near midnight on the weekend.  They gave me a good tip and asked if I wanted to hit the bong.  I said hell ya!  So they took me into their back yard, there were a half dozen people or so.  I took a few rips from the bong, made some small talk, thanked them and proceeded to make the rest of my deliveries.

So many stories..some who jumped in my car, I pushed him out and got threatened by his family... the house that never tipped, so I put the AC pointed on their pizza with the box open...  the girl, who had to be a stripper, answering in see through lingerie or a thong with her man right there on the couch...  Good times.  I dont miss it, but it did me real well.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds