Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Convincing him to try it.
    #9244286 - 11/14/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm now in a new relationship with someone that I've been friends with for quite a while. I care about this kid quite a lot, and he shows me a lot of affection as well. From the beginning, I've made it clear that I'm very into psychedelics; I've tripped dozens of times and I would say that psychedelics have had an extremely profound effect on my life.

He was straight-edge until last year, and now he'll just have a drink now and then. He does not smoke pot. I proposed the idea of tripping to him several times, and his reaction as been somewhat ambivalent. He says he hasn't "ruled it out." I have a feeling that he's misinformed about drugs.

I'm looking for links to good information. I already know Erowid quite well. Can anyone give me good, concise literature arguing in favor of, or perhaps some tips on bringing him over to the psychedelic side of life?

The reason I want him to try it is that I have had very intense experiences with past lovers while under the influence of psychedelics, and I think that it would be a wonderful thing to experience together.

(and for the record, I'm a girl and he's a guy.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoulovebeef
Terminal Frost
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your closet
Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: trashion]
    #9244326 - 11/14/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

wow i wish i could find a chick that was into psychedelics! anyway, yea some people are just turned off to the idea of tripping, i have a few friends that are like that - though i have to admit, not many. however like you mentioned he hasnt 'ruled it out'. maybe hes just scared? has he seen anyone else trip? i was nervous about trippin on salvia for the first time but after i watched someone else make a complete fool of themself i was ready lol.

just a curious question: what do you have in mind for his first trip?

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: doulovebeef]
    #9244349 - 11/14/08 02:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

His roommate last year was a dealer, and kind of an idiot, and would just chill in the room tripping with him and talk to him about seeing "paisley patterns" and "trippin balls!"

So I would say that his experience with people on psychedelics has been mostly negative...

For his first trip, I would love to just hang out in my room, with the door locked and phones away, just cuddling and talking and exploring each other. I'm really into this guy. I would want his first trip to be pleasant and low key, a half-8th each.

Oh and we're both really into ambient and chill electronic music, so listening to a lot of music too.

Edited by trashion (11/14/08 02:02 PM)

Offlinedoulovebeef
Terminal Frost
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your closet
    #9244375 - 11/14/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ah hell im familiar with these sorts of roomies, and they suck. just a thought, but maybe i would throw the idea of making a tea with those shroomies, throw a lil honey in there. with his approval of course. alot of my friends are turned off to the idea of eating shrooms, but one i proposed the idea of a tea, they were all on board! sipping on that heavenly brew in a dim room with some mellow music just by yourselves would i think be very rewarding indeed.

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: doulovebeef]
    #9244508 - 11/14/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well. If he doesnt want to do it then you shouldnt try to convince him, I mean if you really like him. If you dont give a shit about him then by all means, convince and persuade to your hearts content!

Otherwise, leave it alone. If he wants to, he will. And he will be better off for doing it under his own volition. Think about it like this. You convince him. You learn him all this bullshit on how its not habit forming, isnt lethal, will enlighten him and change his world-view. You show him that people tripping arent necessarily stupid, just in another world. And all in all, you get him to eat an 8th.

Then, because hes scared of it or theres something inside him that secretly doesnt want to do it and just wants to make YOU happy, and he has the most terrifying experience of his life.

Continue to do it yourself and when he wants to, he will.

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: slacker008]
    #9244560 - 11/14/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Id say consumption is key for a person thats unfamiliar or kind  of scared..... pizza is wonderful.... yes pizza... also make sure he doesn't eat anything for atleast five hrs before... a xanex or a nice j wouldn't hurt either just incase things get a little weird...im sure you can make him feel gooooood.. also let him know how much it means to you..i consider a trip to be bonding experience and have made a lot of life long friends from tripping.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #9244695 - 11/14/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Um... I'm not going to trick him into eating it.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #9244826 - 11/14/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wasn't suggesting that. just an alternate way of consuming

OfflineDafonDantes
Wizard
Male User Gallery

#9244903 - 11/14/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Just leave him be, honestly. If a person is resistant to tripping they will not enjoy themselves.

Keep gently suggesting it until your relationship develops to a point where he feels comfortable putting his mind in your hands. He won't need much prodding at that point, and he will have a healthier trip that will probably make him want to explore it more.

You're a female, you should be used to not rushing things.

My 2 cents.

edit: posted before reading threat, Slacker beat me to it!

--------------------

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Go, then. There are other worlds than this." - Stephen King

*THE ABOVE POST IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS*

Edited by DafonDantes (11/14/08 03:58 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9244906 - 11/14/08 03:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

aww, I was going to make a joke about tricking him. On the other hand though, I agree with this guy :thumbdown:

Quote:

slacker008 said:
Well. If he doesnt want to do it then you shouldnt try to convince him, I mean if you really like him. If you dont give a shit about him then by all means, convince and persuade to your hearts content!

Otherwise, leave it alone. If he wants to, he will. And he will be better off for doing it under his own volition. Think about it like this. You convince him. You learn him all this bullshit on how its not habit forming, isnt lethal, will enlighten him and change his world-view. You show him that people tripping arent necessarily stupid, just in another world. And all in all, you get him to eat an 8th.

Then, because hes scared of it or theres something inside him that secretly doesnt want to do it and just wants to make YOU happy, and he has the most terrifying experience of his life.

Continue to do it yourself and when he wants to, he will.

oh, btw, I don't think he'll likely have a bad time either way. I just think you shouldn't try and convince him, let him convince himself if he wants to.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: krypto2000]
    #9244961 - 11/14/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The only reason I would try to convince him rather than letting him come around to it is that's how he is about decisionmaking. He's a pretty passive, go-with-the-flow kinda guy. He said himself that if I hadn't come out and said I wanted to be with him that he probably would never have been able to get up the nerve to do it.

Offlinekylems
Stranger
    #9244986 - 11/14/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I just recently became involved in the same sort of situation with a straight edge friend of mine. She is still totally against pot because her whole family smokes it except for her sister. But she recently tried ecstasy with me for the first time and in a few weeks she will be going on a double date psychadelic trip with two other first timers. Me and her are most likely going to be taking acid while the other two friends are going to be taking mushrooms. All I can say is just try and explain to him what it is like and tell him some true facts about what it is you will be doing.

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #9244995 - 11/14/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

In my opinion, you have to first show why you respect the drug. Tell him the pros, and the cons. Tell him what experiences you've had, what experiences your friends have had. Explain that tripping is a very personal experience, and no matter how much you tell him, you can never fully describe it.

And finally, let him decide for himself.

The only thing you can do is try to explain to him your point of view. Begging or forcing him to do it will only result in him doing it uncomfortably, which won't be a proper trip.

Although...i definitely did my first trip in a similar manner, and now I really appreciate tripping. But still, let him decide for himself.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #9245003 - 11/14/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Has he ever been around you while you've been tripping?  Maybe you could dose and the two of you could just hang out and he could observe the effects of the drug on you for himself.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: MOTH]
    #9245015 - 11/14/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

MOTH: that's a really good idea, actually. Thanks! I think I'll do that sometime.

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
    #9245310 - 11/14/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trashion said:
I'm now in a new relationship with someone that I've been friends with for quite a while. I care about this kid quite a lot, and he shows me a lot of affection as well. From the beginning, I've made it clear that I'm very into psychedelics; I've tripped dozens of times and I would say that psychedelics have had an extremely profound effect on my life.

He was straight-edge until last year, and now he'll just have a drink now and then. He does not smoke pot. I proposed the idea of tripping to him several times, and his reaction as been somewhat ambivalent. He says he hasn't "ruled it out." I have a feeling that he's misinformed about drugs.

I'm looking for links to good information. I already know Erowid quite well. Can anyone give me good, concise literature arguing in favor of, or perhaps some tips on bringing him over to the psychedelic side of life?

The reason I want him to try it is that I have had very intense experiences with past lovers while under the influence of psychedelics, and I think that it would be a wonderful thing to experience together.

(and for the record, I'm a girl and he's a guy.)

Hmm... To me, the answer seems quite apparent. You said that you let him know from the beginning, that you use psychedelics. You also mentioned that he was "straight edge" and that he now occasionally will have a drink. You put your beliefs out there to him with the beginning of your relationship; he had lain his before you as well. While you are right, he does not seem "dead certain" on a no; but he as well does not seem dead certain on a yes.
The best recommendation I can give to you, is this; request that he create an account here on The Shroomery. Let him read some information, talk to some helpful site seniors, and let him make his decision on his own terms. I feel it would be the absolute worst case scenario for your guys' relationship, if either of you try and force your beliefs on each other, however. But there is nothing wrong with a person altering their own beliefs of their own accord. I say this, being a supporter and sub-frequent user of psychedelics myself.

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

#9254948 - 11/16/08 01:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Can anyone suggest any literature?

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
    #9255642 - 11/16/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trashion said:
Can anyone suggest any literature?

"The Psychedelic experience" by Timothy Leary, once he has a small knowledge of the psychedelic, or well, maybe even the "ordinary" would be enough, as this book is very guiding. All you gotta remember is that it's written by Leary, anyway it's a very simple introduction I'd say :wink:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

Can't come up with anything better for a first timer who doesn't have much "belief" or any experience in the psychedelic experience.

Hope this helps and good luck with your relationship, may flowers blossom, I understand you (: :mushroom2: :wink:

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

Edited by Fisherman (11/16/08 04:17 PM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Convincing him to try it. *DELETED* [Re: Fisherman]
    #9255934 - 11/16/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Mufungo

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Offlinetrashion
girl anachronism
Female

Re: Convincing him to try it. [Re: Mufungo]
    #9256042 - 11/16/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Uh...I meant "kid" affectionately.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies