Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetodesengel
the chinese chicken

Weed problems
    #9242839 - 11/14/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I recently posted a thread talking about my attempt to stop smoking weed. I have been taking this further and trying very hard to stop. I am having so much trouble I need some help please.

My mind is constantly shooting from one thing to another, I know this was normal while high, but while I am sober it is causing insomnia. I can only sleep a max of 4 hours and those 4 hours are hell. I never had restless leg syndrome but I am showing extreme signs of it. Those 4 hours are so hard to stay fully asleep and I am constantly torpedoing through my bed trying to find a comfortable position. Having to be awake all this time bored as fuck just having to endure this fucking sucks.

Also, I haven't really been keeping to my word. I am trying to stop but my habit was smoking about 2 bong bowls of medical marijuana every hour for about 1 year straight. I haven't been smoking the same chronic, but smoking the little crumbs and whatnot I could find and the stems. I still get the feeling of being high for about 5-10 minutes which does fulfill that need but only for about an hour then I am back to feigning.

Insomnia makes me feel like I am going crazy. That mixed with the withdraws is pretty intense. People have always said weed is cake for detoxing but this is hardly easy. Also, I currently have nothing going on in my life right now. I sit at home all day with no job or school playing games and smoking weed to stay entertained.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: Weed problems [Re: todesengel]
    #9242846 - 11/14/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

you could smoke weed, that usually fixes the symptomology

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
    #9242854 - 11/14/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i know where your at. Ive been smoking almost everyday for 4 years, with long term breaks spread over that time. When ever I got home from going away to school, i stopped smoking for the entire summer. My first week i was a dick to everyone each time, but it usually would taper off after that. I became more motivated when i realized the more stuff i did to replace my time. just chill and eventually u will be fine. quitting anything is no easy task, so dont be suprised.

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

#9242886 - 11/14/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

find something productive to occupy your time. get some 5htp or melatonin to take an hour or 2 before bed, either one will help you sleep and can be found at walmart or any vitamin store. just try to stay positive and be happy about all this new free time you have. GET SOME EXCERCISE! there is a thing called a runners high. excercise will regulate your sleep and appetite. i know when i quit smoking i had no desire to eat and insomnia. if you really have made up your mind to quit it will get easier.

--------------------
:discorex::kickflip:

Offlinetodesengel
the chinese chicken

Re: Weed problems [Re: desertturtle]
    #9242896 - 11/14/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I thought about running to try and lose all my energy to the point where I have to get to sleep.

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#9242921 - 11/14/08 08:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I am in the exact same boat as you.For the last 6 years I've been stoned 24/7 apart from a 2 month break around 4 years ago.Last Friday I acted on a feeling that's been building for quite a while,a feeling of just being sick to death of it.I also am doing fuck all at the moment and it's hard to fill the void weed left.Staying up every night until 5 and getting up at 10.Even had a dream about Amsterdam for the 1st time in my life.It's tough no doubt but hang in there.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#9245547 - 11/14/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

todesengel said:
I recently posted a thread talking about my attempt to stop smoking weed. I have been taking this further and trying very hard to stop. I am having so much trouble I need some help please.

My mind is constantly shooting from one thing to another, I know this was normal while high, but while I am sober it is causing insomnia. I can only sleep a max of 4 hours and those 4 hours are hell. I never had restless leg syndrome but I am showing extreme signs of it. Those 4 hours are so hard to stay fully asleep and I am constantly torpedoing through my bed trying to find a comfortable position. Having to be awake all this time bored as fuck just having to endure this fucking sucks.

Also, I haven't really been keeping to my word. I am trying to stop but my habit was smoking about 2 bong bowls of medical marijuana every hour for about 1 year straight. I haven't been smoking the same chronic, but smoking the little crumbs and whatnot I could find and the stems. I still get the feeling of being high for about 5-10 minutes which does fulfill that need but only for about an hour then I am back to feigning.

Insomnia makes me feel like I am going crazy. That mixed with the withdraws is pretty intense. People have always said weed is cake for detoxing but this is hardly easy. Also, I currently have nothing going on in my life right now. I sit at home all day with no job or school playing games and smoking weed to stay entertained.

Is there a reason you need to stop smoking or are you doing this for your self?...If not then to start with try just cutting back, a lot. Maybe try smoking only before bed as a sleep aid...

I know it is not good to substitute another substance for another but maybe look into getting some Kava or Kava gelcaps just to take the edge off, ease restlessness & any anxiety and will help you sleep. Or get some herbal tea with Chamomile and/or Valerian and you should sleep like a baby.

:2cents:

--------------------

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Weed problems [Re: openmind]
    #9246274 - 11/14/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke weed every day and sometimes get that insomnia, even when smoking weed, but here are some things to know:
-Formaldehyde in detergents can cause insomnia, try washing your sheets in one without it.
-Diet can be a huge factor, go to NaturalNews.com for health info, they have honest information

I have been cutting back my smoking, but it is an interesting thing.  I have recently switched to a raw food diet, and the mental power it has given me has made the burnouts from weed way less, It makes high being so much better, its great for all parts of health.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblekoraks
    #9253607 - 11/16/08 05:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

todesengel said:
I sit at home all day with no job or school playing games and smoking weed to stay entertained.

= root cause of your problem, IMO.

Make up something to fill your days, favorably something that wears you out (mentally and/or physically)  so you'll be able to sleep better. Also look for something that'll take your ass away from your home during the day, which will help you focus on other stuff but the weed and games that are close at hand while your home.

Try going out and hike all day, no matter what the weather. Document the plants/animals you come across. Or go mushroom hunting. Or pick a subject that interest you and write a thesis on it in your local library. Try to find every book or article on the topic and find out how they relate to each other. If you play music, practice practice practice all day and become a master of your art. Pick up writing, painting, running. Write a book on your drug habits. There's lots of stuff that may help keeping your mind occupied and that will help maintaining a healthy wake/sleep rhythm. Be sure to eat healthy (dedicate some time to going to local markets, looking for healthy & tasty vegetables and cooking them up).

Good luck. The first few days are the worst and the first few weeks your life might seem bleak now and again. But I recommend you stay entirely off all drugs (favorably caffeine and alcohol as well) for the first month or two. Proving yourself that you can still go without will give you satisfaction and will boost your confidence. After a few months, you might find that the occasional day of blazing is a much more satisfying experience than it is now.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

#9253630 - 11/16/08 05:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't get restless legs unless I drink too much coffee, but I do get insomnia once in a while.  I used to be an alcoholic and I always told myself that I drank in order to sleep.  After sobering up I slept much better.  With insomnia, it is important not to fight it.  If I can't sleep, I just get up and watch TV.  I think most TV is pretty dull, especially when I'm tired at 3 AM, but that's perfect to put me to sleep.  Or try reading a book.

I have also found marijuana to be quite a hook.  Whenever I have it, I want to smoke it once every three hours and I can't stand not to have it.  When I wake up, I smoke.  I get into the shower and smoke.  I plan how much I need to take with me to work and smoke a little extra just before I leave and make sure to take a little extra.  When I don't have weed, I'm fine.

Nobody can really tell you how to quit, but I do think we can help each other out.  Besides what I've said about insomnia, I think that you also need to make sure that you get enough exposure to sunlight during the day.  Also, get some exercise.  I am in pretty good shape and during the riding season I ride my bike about 40 - 60 km/day.  I sleep like a rock and my mood is fantastic during the riding season.  I try to hold on to that during the winter by walking a lot.  I walk everywhere I can.  I think most people notice that exercise really makes a difference in mood and how you sleep.

Pot may also make you put on weight of course.  I eat like a trash can when I smoke pot.  I just eat all the time, usually just cereal and cookies.  It's disgusting.  Try to change how you eat if you're eating poorly.

Also, as others said, find something else to entertain yourself.  This can be tough.  Even if it means trying to take up five new hobbies at once, go for it.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Weed problems *DELETED* [Re: Plasmid]
    #9253709 - 11/16/08 06:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Mufungo

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Weed problems [Re: Mufungo]
    #9253716 - 11/16/08 06:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Weed problems [Re: Innoculus]
    #9254074 - 11/16/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

you're giving weed a bad name. Put down the bong, stop playing video games, and go get a girlfriend.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder