Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

car stereo experts... i need your help!
    #9239780 - 11/13/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

trying to put a stereo in a 98 hyundai accent i would like to know what the color coded wires go to. i mean which ones are for the front left speaker, which ones are hot, etc. if anyone happens to know this or a good website for this i would really appreciate it. im trying to just splice the wires rather than buy a wire harness.

--------------------
:discorex::kickflip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: desertturtle]
    #9239837 - 11/13/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: misos]
    #9239970 - 11/13/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i've been searching the web a couple hours with no success:shrug: i guess i just don't know how to properly operate a search engine. i want to say that my wires don't match the diagram completely, but its too dark to tell now. thank you though, i'll try in the morning and see how it goes.

--------------------

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9240006 - 11/13/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. The colors shouldn't be too far off. Yellow is battery, black is ground. The red, blue, yellow and whatever color wires are speaker wires. Then you have an ignition wire.. but I can't remember what colors those are. I haven't done an install for quite some time. And technically, you could just bypass and run all new wiring, which is what I would do. That way you know what wires are what, and you'd get rid of that cheap factory wiring.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

#9240050 - 11/13/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, i'll give u 5:mushroom2: for your effort, whether my dumbass is successful with this or not.

...what can't the shroomery do?:grin:

--------------------

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9240075 - 11/13/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: Not a problem. Wiring a car stereo is a snap. You should be able to get it. Good  luck.

--------------------

Invisiblebonghulio
Stranger

#9240086 - 11/13/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have a volt meter?  That would be a good place to start to determine which wire is constantly hot (clock lead), which is switched on with the ignition switch (power lead).  As far as the speakers, you can test this by connecting a battery such as a c-cell.  When you connect a speaker to the battery you will hear a crackle noise come from that speaker.  You can look at the speaker, and if the polarity is correct, the cone of the speaker will push out when connected to the battery.  If you have the polarity backwards, the cone will retract when connected to the battery.  It would be a lot easier if the color coding link that was previously posted matched your car, but you should be able to figure it out with a volt meter and some testing.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: bonghulio]
    #9240101 - 11/13/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm. How did it not match his car?

--------------------

Invisiblebonghulio
Stranger

#9240151 - 11/13/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

desertturtle said:
i've been searching the web a couple hours with no success:shrug: i guess i just don't know how to properly operate a search engine. i want to say that my wires don't match the diagram completely, but its too dark to tell now. thank you though, i'll try in the morning and see how it goes.

My bad, I read that wrong, I thought that he said that it did'nt match the diagram, but he actually said it was to dark to tell.  In this case, it should be a simple job.  In good light the colors will probably match right up with the diagram.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: bonghulio]
    #9240403 - 11/13/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bonghulio said:
Do you have a volt meter?  That would be a good place to start to determine which wire is constantly hot (clock lead), which is switched on with the ignition switch (power lead).  As far as the speakers, you can test this by connecting a battery such as a c-cell.  When you connect a speaker to the battery you will hear a crackle noise come from that speaker.  You can look at the speaker, and if the polarity is correct, the cone of the speaker will push out when connected to the battery.  If you have the polarity backwards, the cone will retract when connected to the battery.  It would be a lot easier if the color coding link that was previously posted matched your car, but you should be able to figure it out with a volt meter and some testing.

woah flashback lol

Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9244740 - 11/14/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i got it done, thanks guys. even though my wires weren't the same as the diagram for some reason. process of elimination and all the speakers are hooked up. one was blown out so a friend gave me his old stock speakers and i replaced the back 2. though i might have the polarity wrong on some of the speakers.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#9244790 - 11/14/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you have the speaker polarity wrong bass response will be poor.

Good diagrams and more can be found at the12volt.com

If the diagram doesn't match go up or down a year or try a different model from the same maker. That's not unusual to encounter.

Invisibledesertturtle
not like the others
 User Gallery

Re: car stereo experts... i need your help! [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #9246829 - 11/14/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TripityDooDaDay said:
If you have the speaker polarity wrong bass response will be poor.

i was not aware of that, thanks for the info.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#9246960 - 11/14/08 11:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I ran my own car audio/communications shop for a decade or so. I grew sick of it and have delved into bullshiting on the computer most of the day while others have made money for me. lol. This economy may force me back under the dash. :sad:

Jump to top Pages: 1