Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippinBalls00
Stranger

Low humidity in PmP confused...
    #9218462 - 11/10/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I recently birthed 5 1/2 pint GT PF cakes to my PmP. The PmP consists of a 70 Quart tub, 4 inches perlite with water 1 1/2 inches below that. There are two 15-inch bubble wands powered by a TopFin pump rated up to 125 gallons. I recently
got a cheap hygrometer from a pets store that is used for reptile cages. The dial goes to 100 but the package did not give an actual PH range.

It is stuck on 80% give or take a couple % and I have tried multiple changes per the search function on the message board. So far:

- Tried more and less water
- Changed timing from 24/7 to 1/2 hour every 3 hours to a 1/2 hour every other hour, etc...
- Changed bubble want position
- Misted sides

Any suggestions? New hygrometer? Cakes have been in since 10/6.

Also, I recently inoculated some jars with the B+ strain and they are going absurdly fast, but have a much whispier and non-rhizomorphic growth pattern. Is that just how B+ is?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Low humidity in PmP confused... [Re: TrippinBalls00]
    #9218517 - 11/10/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This is a common problem with people using cheap hydrometers they don't work well at high RH's.  From the sounds of your setup the humidity will be fine.

The reason your seeing different growth patterns in that jar is because there are separate "sub-strains" growing which will have separate growth characteristics.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Low humidity in PmP confused... [Re: musher_420]
    #9219179 - 11/10/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if your cakes have been in since 10/6 and it's 11/10 I think something else may be the problem. Do you have some pics of your setup? I believe I've seen you posting about it before but I cannot recall.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineTrippinBalls00
Stranger

Re: Low humidity in PmP confused... [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9219457 - 11/10/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My bad, cakes only in since 11/6, just wanted to include for informational purposes. Also, I was wondering if there are any signs of pinning I could look for on the cake. I saw my buddies once and his cakes grew a fluffy white then pinned, Im no getting the fluff. I dunked for 16 hours and rolled in vermiculite.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Low humidity in PmP confused... [Re: TrippinBalls00]
    #9219475 - 11/10/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Calibrate the hygrometer - if it's not able to be calibrated, make a mental note of how much it's off.

To do this - wrap the hygro in a damp towel for an hour.  Check to see what the gauge reads.  It should read 99%, so if it's off, either calibrate or just make a mental note of HOW off it is..

Another way to give it a quick test.  Turn on the shower as hot as it will go, so there's nice steam.  Hold the hygro in the steam for a few minutes, and it should def read in the high 90's..

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Low humidity in PmP confused... [Re: J3illy]
    #9220577 - 11/10/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I bet that it's a bad hydrometer that is saying your RH is low. Perlite usually keeps humidity at 94% anyway unless there is a large amount of airflow relative to perlite amount. This is clearly not your problem judging from your setup as you described it. You likely have a crappy hydrometer and I doubt you really need one anyway but if you do buying a cheep one risks getting a radically inaccurate reading like this. You will likely see pins in 5-7 days I think... 10 max. It's been a while since the last time I done cakes so it's possible that if you birthed without giving them that extra time to become 100% colonized it may take longer for the first fruits.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale