Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper.
    #9216558 - 11/10/08 06:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Try and explain a psychedelic experience to someone who never took a single drug in his life, to make him understand what tripping is. I want to see what people can come up with. (Please specify which psychedelic you are referring to.)

(I know this thread was probably been done before, but people and human consciousness in general change, and I want to know how you would explain it now, and a year later, I will post the same thread again, and compare...)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: The Centre]
    #9216565 - 11/10/08 07:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

explain to a blind person who has never been able to see, what it is like to see things, and what colors are.
Although we can describe things with words, you can't convey an experience 100 percent to someone who has never had the experience of what you describe. The only way to know is to experience it for yourself.

But hey here you go:
Mushrooms:
You eat them, some time later you feel different.
Your thoughts get all weird, and you think of things in ways you never thought of before.
Sometimes you see stuff with your eyes closed, at higher doses you see things with your eyes open.
Things become wavy/moving.
Music sounds totally different, and sometimes you have auditory hallucinations.
The end.

OfflineDoidleTheDigger
nuby skeptic with help
Male

Loc: yomama
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: phaseflux]
    #9216579 - 11/10/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

immagine a rising unease accompanied by waves of euphoria...this is the come up for me
thought patterns begin to desintigrate into something else...

as the body buzz get more intense and thinking get wierder, everything starts to wiggle or breath

thinking is still getting harder, colors start changing, vast changes is size perspetive for eg two ppl of equal height standing next to eachother, on might seem impossibly tall the other impossibly small

soon these more intense hallucination are gone and you back into the wavy time

theses nothing like writing after a mushroom trip IMO because once is over your sure gunna have alot to say lol

--------------------
"Git 'Er Done!"
"the sooner you start the sooner you get"
"if i ever hear you tell someone else ill stab you"
All of my posts are fictional

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: phaseflux]
    #9216582 - 11/10/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This is for both mushrooms and acid, but the visuals are just for mushrooms, I haven't ever gotten much visual from acid so far (only taken 2.5 hits at the most).

Sounds are more crisp and clear. Colors are more vibrant. On higher doses you can see patterns moving and wiggling around. Everything looks more clean, as if you've increased the resolution on the world.

As far as the mental effects go I always think it's most simple to describe it by saying it removes all of your preconceived notions. It's like being a child again and you have to relearn everything. If you consume w/e and are sitting down for the first hour or 2 you (or me at least) will literally have to relearn how to walk upon standing up for the first time. It comes much quicker than when you're a child of course, in a matter of minutes, perhaps seconds, but it seems like the same thing.

Everything is so amazing, not because it's any different than it normally is, but because you're experiencing it for the first time. It's enjoyable to walk in nature just because you can awe at nature and look at it like you never have before. Basically like you're discovering it for the first time. All of your memories still exist though, it's not like you forget anything, you just don't attach them to things prematurely as you tend to do when you're sober. For instance when I look at this coffee cup I think 'this is a coffee cup bought in Ireland by my ex as a gift.' I will then often lead into thoughts about my ex. When I'm tripping though and I look at the coffee cup I identify it as 'a coffee cup.' If you ask where I got it from I can still tell you, just as lucid if not more lucid than when I'm sober often times, but that's just not what the coffee cup is.

Because you forget everything though it can also lead to bad things. If you don't know what a flower is, normally it's beautiful and is likely to still strike you that way, but it could just be weird, bizarre, confusing, etc. until you can search the recesses of your brain to identify it. You'll also spend a great deal of time learning how you work. It often takes me a while to figure out all of my abilities. Just simple things like 'Oh, I can use my hand like this, and pick these things up etc.' I know that throughout the whole trip, before the trip, and during the come up. But I don't 'understand' it until a certain point during the trip. Then as I come down that thought just kinda gets shifted into my subconscious and I know it while sober, but I'm not connected with that thought process. I can't appreciate the ability to use my hands, my fingers, my legs to walk, etc. as I can while tripping.

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: krypto2000]
    #9216588 - 11/10/08 07:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9216679 - 11/10/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

^He wins.

Offlinekenneld
Stranger
    #9216722 - 11/10/08 08:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

^ that is pretty good

also this incredibly long trip report does a pretty good job i think

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7042971/an/0/page/2

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: kenneld]
    #9216952 - 11/10/08 09:07 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Pictures convey the trip far better than words, IMO.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinekenneld
Stranger
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: deCypher]
    #9217023 - 11/10/08 09:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:

they do, but maybe not for people who haven't tripped. i'm thinking about my pre-tripping days, and i would see pics like that and they seemed pretty meaningless/stupid to me.

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: kenneld]
    #9217064 - 11/10/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kenneld said:
Quote:

deCypher said:

they do, but maybe not for people who haven't tripped. i'm thinking about my pre-tripping days, and i would see pics like that and they seemed pretty meaningless/stupid to me.

Agreed.

Well, I thought they looked cool for sure, but they didn't hold any meaning whatsoever.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
    #9217088 - 11/10/08 09:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Centre said:
Try and explain a psychedelic experience to someone who never took a single drug in his life, to make him understand what tripping is. I want to see what people can come up with. (Please specify which psychedelic you are referring to.)

(I know this thread was probably been done before, but people and human consciousness in general change, and I want to know how you would explain it now, and a year later, I will post the same thread again, and compare...)

I think this painting, called "Wonder" by Alex Grey most nearly depicts the divine "visuals" that come to you while on LSD or mushrooms IMO.

Mushrooms are amazing but I feel they have been defined well enough already for you. I love mushrooms but prefer LSD because mushrooms visuals although extremely beautiful and unique, are pretty still and you can really work them into a movement. I also love that LSD, unlike mushrooms, don't force introspectiveness although it may be achieved on your own.

You eat your hits of paper, geltabs, microdots, liquid, w/e. Usually a good dose is anywhere between 1-3 hits depending on potency for a nice trip, first timers should do less for obvious reasons (1 hit of good doses is recommended).

After you eat your hits you feel a surge of energy that can begin anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after dosing. This feeling can be uncomfortable for some, or it can also be a euphoric period of excitement for what comes next.

At about an hour and a half into your trip, if you close your eyes and listen music you can see the most beautiful and intricate patterns of shapes and colors, symbols. The remarkable thing about LSD is that these visuals are very active and can move at  rapid speeds and directions, its almost like an incredible movie in your mind. If you turn off the lights you can open your eyes in the darkness and experience the same phenomenon.

If you turn on the lights the world looks different, almost like a movie set. Lights become imprinted in your vision after you close your eyes. You experiences the "trailing" effect of LSD where it seems like objects in movement leave a afterimage in their wake (including lights and your hands). I recall one particular trip was so hard I could paint my room with a orange lighter, lights on. You experience death of the ego. You are so into the experience you are having, that you forget any sense of materialistic or insignificant worries. You

After you acclimate to the level of trip you're on, you feel a sense of super awareness and control. You can hear things you normally wouldn't, you can perceive emotions from other people better, you can see in the dark, things taste extraordinarily strong, and you can experience a blending of the sense (such as eating ice cream and seeing a color that your brain corresponds to that item).

Did I forget to mention you giggle all the while in between.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #9217182 - 11/10/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i would describe it like this
first comes "hmm"
then comes "wtf"
then comes "LOL!!!!!"
then comes "wow zzzzz :drooling:"
then comes "zomg"
finally "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

i would imagine on a typical first trip these would be your emotions lol

OfflineSid
Stranger

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: zSDMF]
    #9217190 - 11/10/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Impossible.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #9217321 - 11/10/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I must say, I think what most people describe as what they feel and see on mushrooms and LSD, I feel and see in normal reality. I see auras around pretty much everything, lights stay in my vision long after they are gone, I am very introspective and philosophical, I can not focus on anything that I find meaningless and/or uninteresting, as I see no point in doing so. And nobody understands me until they are high or tripping. When I read erowid's effects description of mushrooms, more than 80% fit into what I normally experience without the influence of a drug.
# creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily (You should hear me talk, I can go on and on and on philosophically.)
# sensation of insight (Fits in with the philosopy part.)
# intense feelings of wonder (I can see the beauty in anything.)

# feeling more emotionally sensitive (I am very emotionally sensitive)
# time perception alteration (many people say I have a screwed up perception of time.)
# lights seem brighter, sensitivity to light (I am very sensitive to light, I can walk around and see perfectly when other people can not see a thing.)
# starring and rainbow patterns around pinpoint lights (All lights have rainbow patterns around them to me.)
# closed-eye visuals (I can choose to have CEV is I focus myself.)
# sensation of energy or buzzing in the nevous system/peripheral limbs (I am very hyper.)

# mood lift, euphoria
# giggling, laughter, giddiness
# creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
# boring tasks or entertainment can become more interesting or funny
# sensation of insight
# life changing spiritual experience
# intense feelings of wonder
# paradoxical feeling of a normalcy and deep alteration of psyche

# working memory disruption (reduced ability to do tasks requiring current remembering and attention) (That describes my life.)

I do not fit in exactly, but I do fit in very much, esp on lower dose descriptions.

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9217344 - 11/10/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

"Describe a psychedilc experience to a non-tripper"

tripper: "ahem...THE COLORS MAN! LOOK AT THE COLORS! THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE MAN! WTF?! WHAT TIME IS IT? HOLY SHIT IT'S ONLY BEEN AN HOUR? WTF MAN?! WTF!! HAHAHAHA"

done and done.

Seriously though, Sid got it on the dot, its impossible to describe especially at higher doses.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Edited by jeffloomis (11/10/08 10:41 AM)

Offlinelaz10
Stranger than reality

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9217445 - 11/10/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

on mushrooms..

its a very humbling experience, feeling of oneness, euphoric, colorful, funny. i could go on and on with words, but never be close to what you'll experience.

--------------------

Edited by laz10 (11/10/08 11:00 AM)

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9217704 - 11/10/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I just thought of the best way of describing a trip to a non-tripper. Chuck 3g of some sick ass Cyans in there soup. That will do all the explaining ever needed.

Anyway, I can't find the dosage calculator anywhere, can someone post me a link?

OfflineSyntaxerror
Vordhosbn
Male

Loc: Tampa, FL
    #9217733 - 11/10/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

LSD:

+

+

It's different for everyone, though.

--------------------

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#9217789 - 11/10/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

one super beautiful and temporary experience
visual and audio distortions of a few sorts
when the body is not fighting
decreased resistance to the universe the way it is and

renewed childlike affection
forgetting all the reasons you've created for why things aren't quite right

OfflineTripJunkie
Stranger
Male
Loc: Southern California
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: thatiAM]
    #9218656 - 11/10/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You see through all the bullshit you've been taught your whole life

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom