Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Personality fractalization
    #9215073 - 11/09/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Throughout my life, I have done what I now call personality fractalization whenever I meet new groups of friends.  Now I'm sure there is another term for this, just as I'm sure that whatever term that is sounds less cool than mine.  But regardless, let me explain:

Personality fractalization is the act of intentionally segregating friends and acquaintances met at different times through different means.  Now, I'm sure there are a few people on this board who have seen the Seinfeld episode where George gets upset when his "worlds collide" when Susan begins to befriend Elaine.  What I am describing is exactly that.  That is, the intentional segregation of say, co-workers, school friends, neighborhood friends, etc for some benefit.

This has always been a natural process for me.  I feel that most like to introduce newly met friends to each other, but I never really saw a worthwhile benefit in this.  Some will say that it's a selfish act, and I'll agree to an extent, but in the larger picture I find it to be superior to creating a melting pot of friendship.  In fact, George was quite right when he elaborated that trouble ensues when the worlds collide as I've found.  Another plus is that if beef develops with someone, it's far easier to cut that person off, rather than being trapped in the same web. 

But the best reason for fractalization is that it expands one's personality.  By nature, I am very sensitive to people and environment, and my attitude reflects this when my consciousness interplays with others.  With fractalization, different personas develop depending on who I'm with.  IMO, this allows for one to develop and come to an understanding with these individual personas within one's whole persona.  I'm not forcing an individuality or acting, but these individual personas develop on their own.  The colors of the glass change, but the person behind remains the same. Why live one life when you can live a few at the same time?  Many will say that this is'nt necessarily natural.  On the contrary, I find that when one tries to "be oneself", this entails fitting into a specific programming set, which is quite unnatural and limiting.  To me, being oneself is possessing the ability to adapt.  Stagnation is always malignant, it's just that some cancer takes longer to develop.

Whenever I'm asked about another group of friends or a single friend of a separate group, I'll simply be vague.  Some get my intention, some do'nt.  In total, I find the practice to be very beneficial in developing oneself.  I'm curious as to whether anyone else does the same.  I'm not going to change this methodology, just curious as to how others feel.  Shall the worlds collide, or shall they be explored for their own glory? 
93 93/93

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Personality fractalization [Re: lavod]
    #9215245 - 11/09/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm glad you do this too.

I've always done this, and wondered why.  I also act differently around different groups of friends.  I never mix my groups of friends either.  When I have in the past they haven't gotten along in many cases.
Reading this has been really trippy, you describe pretty much exactly how I interact with other groups of people from different zones in my life.

It kind of makes me wonder who I really am though.  But then I think I'm all these people, my personality is just really faceted and I can express all sides of it by being with these different groups.

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Personality fractalization [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9215258 - 11/09/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

do either of you guys feel guilty for this? i do :frown:

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Personality fractalization [Re: Syle]
    #9215271 - 11/09/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Nah I enjoy it.  When I was younger I wondered if it meant there was something wrong with myself mentally, but I think it shows great mental flexibility to "become" different people at will.

Plus, I always assumed most people did it at least a little.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Personality fractalization [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9215386 - 11/09/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Glad to see I'm not alone  :mushroom2:.  I'd be lying if I said that I do'nt feel guilty at times.  And then there's the question of "what if  person x met g?"  But I do enjoy doing this.  I guess I just figure that people should run into their own friendships instead of having them formed by an acquaintance.  I guess if someone needs help of some sort that only someone you know can provide, then it's okay.  Even matchmaking can be a buster.  The other party should'nt have to rely on others to introduce them to people.  Expand your horizons, food you killed or plucked yourself will always be more gratifying than shopping at the supermarket.
93 93/93

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder