Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagic_Hobo
Stranger
Multispore taking forever...
    #9207610 - 11/08/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have done several searches, but a lot of the information I found was conflicting (people said that a week was a long time, and others saying two weeks without germination is nothing to worry about).

I have 4 pint jars of WBS that I inoculated a week ago with B+ multispore and one jar has like one kernel colonized and other has a piece the size of a quarter colonized, the other two have nothing.  I didn't shake the jars after inoculation like I do with LC (since I read not to shake with MS injection) and I shot the spores into the middle of the jar (I have since read to shoot the multispore solution against the glass). So, next time I am using multispore, should I shake the jar after inoculation?

It's not an issue with sterility, the syringe was thoroughly cleaned and I almost never have any problems with contams as I am usually really clean.  I also prepared 3 other WBS jars in the same batch as the 4 B+'s, which I injected with LC and they are like 80% by now.  Everything was done the same in terms of sterile procedure, so it would be weird if 100% of the B+ jars contam'd while 100% of the GT jars were fine...

Anyways, this is the first time I have ever used multispore on WBS, so I don't know if this is normal.  How long does it usually take for you to see spore germination?

Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Multispore taking forever... [Re: Magic_Hobo]
    #9207630 - 11/08/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Where are your spores/syringes from? I went w/ sporeworks and saw germ. in 3 days in a mycobag..

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #9207641 - 11/08/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've been doing MS inoculation into WBS jars, same as you, inject in the middle, only shake once at 30% colonization.  Sometimes it colonizes quicker than other times. 

I think that a lot of folks posting are either less likely to report poorer colonization rates, or they are exaggerating their times, or they think the colonization times for an MS inoculation should be the same as when innoculating with an isolate, or grain-2-grain transfer.

Just keep an eye out for contams or stalled jars, if it takes a bit longer than what you've read, it's fine. :thumbup: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineUs.Two
The Innovator
Male

#19314341 - 12/23/13 12:40 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

It could be a while man, days to weeks or more. I'd suggest you shake that sum gun as soon as you nock it up, MS or LC. As you probably already know liquid culture is WAY over powered vs. multispore inoculation.  I would only compare the two in a case where a multispore was colonizing faster than a LC.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Multispore taking forever... [Re: Us.Two]
    #19314410 - 12/23/13 01:26 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Hes over it.....has been for five years

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract