Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?!
    #9199214 - 11/06/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So i made the m istake of using my xbox as my heater during colonization. it colonized but dried out while trying to fruit.

Why do people go around saying that as long as there is some condensation inside the bag you are ok if obviously this is not the case (at all time was there at least a few drops of condensation present in mine but still its crumbling apart)? 

I think people think that the filter patch keeps humidity in and dosnt let it out? This is false right? I mean, if it requires 95-100 percent humidity shouldnt i be running a humidifier right next to my mycobag if my room is dry?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Re: Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?! [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9201312 - 11/07/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

anyone?

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?! [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9201336 - 11/07/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've never used a mycobag so this is somewhat of a guess, but I'd think it is not intended to be directly heated, but rather be in a room that's the correct temp. If the inside of the bag is warmer than the outside, that warmer air will be expanded and sneak out the filter, apparently taking moisture with it, and/or the temp difference cause more condensation than normal which took moisture out of the sub.

--------------------
hehe

Invisiblemufasahahaha
a friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?! [Re: nenl]
    #9201357 - 11/07/08 10:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea you wanna drop temps when you put it into fruiting conditions. around 75 degrees ~

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?! [Re: mufasahahaha]
    #9201641 - 11/07/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Where'd you order your bag from?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Why do they say Mycobags are humidity controlled w patch if they can dry out!?! [Re: J3illy]
    #9201677 - 11/07/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I just saw in the other thread that it's a mad season bag..

Now I've heard about this happening to a few ppl - if you're incubating it right on top of something that's too hot, this can easily happen.. Incubating from the bottom isn't a good idea w/ these - you're better off heating the whole area.. I have mine in a box on top of my stereo, w/ a t-shirt on top of the stereo to absorb some heat.. It warms up the whole inside of the box, and the bottoms don't get hot or anything, cuz the stereo doesn't get very warm to begin with.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #9201692 - 11/07/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YonnyChimmpo said:

So i made the m istake of using my xbox as my heater during colonization. it colonized but dried out while trying to fruit.

I'd suggest dunking your substrate.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order