Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst
    #9172282 - 11/02/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Group 1:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

I shall assume they partake of mushrooms and/or cannabis else they would likely not be on this site.

Group 2:

Their fellow Christians outside The Shroomery also are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

Most non-Shroomery 'born-agains' believe that partaking of mushrooms and/or cannabis is evil/sinful/immoral.

Thus Group 1 is at odds with Group 2 and yet both are totally right and both have interpreted the Bible's stance on this 'correctly'.

And of course, Group 1 Christians will fail to mention in their Bible study/Church group/congregation/family gatherings that mushrooms and cannabis are not evil and allowed by The Bible. They will live by their creed and come out 'of the closet' - NOT!

Christ on a stick.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (11/02/08 11:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9172315 - 11/02/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

As long as you ask Jesus for forgiveness, you can do whatever you want and still get into heaven! Pretty sweet, eh?

Offlinefivepointer
    #9172637 - 11/02/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Group 1:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more thna happy to tell you so.

I shall assume they partake of mushrooms and/or cannabis else they would likely not be on this site.

Group 2:

Their fellow Christians outside The Shroomery also are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more thna happy to tell you so.

Most non-Shroomery 'born-agains' believe that partaking of mushrooms and/or cannabis is evil/sinful/immoral.

Thus Group 1 is at odds with Group 2 and yet both are totally right and both have interpreted the Bible's stance on this 'correctly'.

And of course, Group 1 Christians will fail to mention in their Bible study/Church group/congregation/family gatherings that mushrooms and cannabis are not evil and allowed by The Bible. They will live by their creed and come out 'of the closet' - NOT!

Christ on a stick.

Prior to my conversion I used mushrooms about 80-90 times in 6-7 grams at a time.  Since being converted my use has ceased.  When someone is born again they have a new nature, further shroom use does not gain anything to them.  I have never used cannabis at any time, before or after conversion.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: fivepointer]
    #9172840 - 11/02/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

When someone is born again they have a new nature, further shroom use does not gain anything to them.

I hear you... during the short time I thought I was a christian, it was very hard for me to have fun. It must suck not to be able to enjoy life with it's pleasures anymore. :frown:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9172853 - 11/02/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I never decided to be a Chrisatian because I liked having fun. Christian party=church...yuck.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

#9173281 - 11/02/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Group 1:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more thna happy to tell you so.

everyone thinks they are right, whether they think nobody can be right, everyone is right, or only their belief is right. it's still their opinion.

and please don't try and limit this to Christians. I see people fighting tooth-and-nail to protect their beliefs on this forum all the time, no matter what they are defending.

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

yes, you are assuming here. maybe they come to talk with drug users who are hopefully open minded, or maybe they used to use drugs and respect  and relate to people here. I myself fit into the second category, actually both but the first category seems to be losing plausibility because of threads like these..

read my sig for why Christians still sin. it's a perfect explanation. the Bible is quite clear no one can live perfectly, save for Christ..

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

the New Testament talks against "pharmakeia", commonly translated as sorcery, but as you can see from the root, it is talking about drugs. lots of Christians don't know this because they can't read Greek and the somewhat misleading translation we have - keep in mind thought that this does not make the Bible any less true, just points out the ignorance of most people who don't take the time to learn the languages the original texts were written in :strokebeard:

--------------------
If you spare a little of your imagination . . .

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: myriadeyes]
    #9173497 - 11/02/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sorcery (low-magick) or shamanism, has always employed plants, therefore the Greek root rightly identifies both. It took quite a while, historically, for herbalists and wise-woen (and men) for their gifts to be looked at as healing and medicinal, not as malevolent witchcraft and sorcery to be feared and persecuted. Of course, there ARE malevolent practices today, even among Haitian bocors, (sorcerers) to name one cultural example with which I am somewhat familiar. Read The Serpent and the Rainbow. I knew a man who was purged to death by a Haitian houngan (medicine man) who was attempting to expel the 'snakes and toads' that was causing his AIDS. He puked and shit himself to death in 24 hours.

In Haiti, the Catholics are so syncretized with Voudun that only Bible-banging Protestant Christians are regarded as the real deal. Spells are not attempted on these people because they are afraid of 'instant karma.'

There seems to be a purpose for everything. Point-Counterpoint.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #9174076 - 11/02/08 07:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

everyone thinks they are right, whether they think nobody can be right, everyone is right, or only their belief is right. it's still their opinion.

and please don't try and limit this to Christians. I see people fighting tooth-and-nail to protect their beliefs on this forum all the time, no matter what they are defending.

No one is disputing the fact it is all opinion.

As for fighting tooth-and-nail to protect their beliefs, you're right as far as that involves all humans protecting their ego or status. But with Christians (born again, never born, always alive, whatever), they differ in that so many of them obnoxiously insist on flaunting such beliefs and taking an aim at proselytizing the uninitiated at any given moment. This becomes increasingly annoying when such messiness continually occurs in philosophical forums or adult conversations--when it has tirelessly been addressed over and over.

InvisibleJawofmalak
Friendly Stranger

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Arden]
    #9174539 - 11/02/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You do realize that the definition of pharmakeia would prohibit you from using normal medicines right? Pharmakeia is where we get words like Pharmacy from. And let's say that mushrooms where pharmakeia, wouldn't that make alcohol also pharmakeia? you see the one thing that Christians don't want to give up is their precious alcohol. They'll talk about the "evils" of marijuana, and then turn around and drink the blood of Christ. Yet what they don't realize is that alcohol is as hard drug and as addicting as heroin and cocaine.

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Arden]
    #9174865 - 11/02/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
But with Christians (born again, never born, always alive, whatever), they differ in that so many of them obnoxiously insist on flaunting such beliefs and taking an aim at proselytizing the uninitiated at any given moment.

The OP was referring to Shroomerites.. I don't see any of them obnoxiously flaunting their beliefs more than anyone else here :shrug:

In fact, the OP is the one obnoxiously flaunting his illogical generalization about Christians  :lol:

Edited by myriadeyes (11/02/08 10:18 PM)

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Jawofmalak]
    #9174923 - 11/02/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Did you just google it and deduce that? A simple definition cannot express the pregnancy of a word in context. What matters is why you are using the drug, not the use itself - for example if you are trying to communicate with the dead or form your own opinions about God through your relative drug experiences.

Revelation 18:23
"For by thy sorceries were all nations decieved"

It's not talking about aspirin here...

Ask Markos, he seems to know a lot about the subject.

Just because Christians get drunk doesn't mean the Bible condones it. It actually speaks against it time and time again.

--------------------

Edited by myriadeyes (11/02/08 10:23 PM)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9175391 - 11/02/08 11:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myriadeyes said:
Quote:

Arden said:
But with Christians (born again, never born, always alive, whatever), they differ in that so many of them obnoxiously insist on flaunting such beliefs and taking an aim at proselytizing the uninitiated at any given moment.

The OP was referring to Shroomerites.. I don't see any of them obnoxiously flaunting their beliefs more than anyone else here :shrug:

In fact, the OP is the one obnoxiously flaunting his illogical generalization about Christians  :lol: 

OC's logic seemed pretty sound to me. Care to explain what I am overlooking?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleJawofmalak
Friendly Stranger

#9176110 - 11/03/08 05:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not talking about how some Christians like to get drunk,  I was talking about communion. Alcohol is a part of Christian religious rites. That's why they stand it and condemn everything else. Because the bible gives it a green light, and everything else is "pharmakia".

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9178410 - 11/03/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Group 1:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

Group 2:

Their fellow Christians outside The Shroomery also are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

Christ on a stick.

Well if they're not the worst they certainly are the most gullible.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Jawofmalak]
    #9183793 - 11/04/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jawofmalak said:
I'm not talking about how some Christians like to get drunk,  I was talking about communion. Alcohol is a part of Christian religious rites. That's why they stand it and condemn everything else. Because the bible gives it a green light, and everything else is "pharmakia".

You are thinking of Catholicism not Christianity. In all 4 accounts of the first communion they drink the fruit of the vine, never specified to be alcohol..

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9183799 - 11/04/08 05:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well they didn't have pasteurization back then, so it must have been wine.

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: DieCommie]
    #9183816 - 11/04/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

...why? you couldn't just squeeze some juice out??

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#9183879 - 11/04/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It naturally turns to wine.  There was no grape juice until pasteurization.  All grape juice we drink has been pasteurized to prevent fermentation.  So unless they had communion out in the field with grapes freshly squeezed, it was wine.

(I dont know how I always derail the philosophy with science... sorry)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9183983 - 11/04/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

logic will just get you into trouble around here

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#9184263 - 11/04/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
It naturally turns to wine.  There was no grape juice until pasteurization.  All grape juice we drink has been pasteurized to prevent fermentation.  So unless they had communion out in the field with grapes freshly squeezed, it was wine.

(I dont know how I always derail the philosophy with science... sorry)

It takes a couple of days  until you get a good fermentation going in grape juice, even at ideal temps for fermentation, so they wouldn't have had to drink it in the fields, there would be a couple of days when you could drink it. If you juiced the grapes and kept the the juice cool, like under 60 degrees you probably would have been able to have juice for at least a week if not longer.

I'm not sure about the Middle East, but in the Roman Empire, wine was not drunk straight, it was added to water, at about like 3 or 4 parts water to wine. Interestingly, 3% alcohol solution will kill any known human bacterial pathogens.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract