Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Please help me ID this North Alabama Mushroom!!!!!
    #916717 - 09/29/02 11:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Can you guys help me ID this Mushroom. I was driving down the road and saw a patch of them in the grassy area in the front of a business.

I live in North Alabama. It has been raining and now it has quit raining for a couple days.

Thanks alot in advance.

malibu76

a. Habitat (where and what does it grow on)- It was growing in a Green Yard

b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)-Has Gills
c. Measurements of cap and stem.- Cap is about7 or 8 inches in Diameter. Stem is about 1/2 inch in diameter. Stem is not hollow

d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)- Solid and Thick and has little streaks of color up and down. When the stem was pinched it kind of turned a dark brown.

e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, concical/spherical, convex/concave, - etc)Cap feels kind of soft and kind of like a feather pillow, Silky!
f. Spore print color (very important!)- I really dont know. This doesnt seem to have sprores, maybe already dropped them.Gills do look like they are blueing a bit.

g. Color that the mushroom briuses- Stem turned a darker brown. Cap turned a darker color also, cant say it is blue though.
h. Scent of mushroom- Scent is hard to say. Definatley has a smell. It kind of smells like the cubensis but not the same!

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Please help me ID this North Alabama Mushroom!!!!! [Re: malibu76]
    #916798 - 09/29/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I knew what it was the instant I read the location and habitat... These things are all over the south east. They are Chlorophyllum molybdites aka Morgans Green Gill Lepoita. They are very poisonous, but not deadly. Sorry mang, no dice.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Please help me ID this North Alabama Mushroom! [Re: malibu76]
    #917735 - 09/29/02 08:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I want to agree and emphasize GumbyDude's post. Those strongly suggest Chlorophyllum molybdites, a mushroom which makes a lot of people very sick every year. If you haven't started a spore print yet, follow the instructions in this post, and let us know. The spore print of Chlorophyllum is grayish green. The potentially edible mushrooms which look kind of like that have white spore prints.

Definitely DO NOT EAT! You almost certainly woudn't die - but you would wish you could so you could stop feeling that sick.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates