Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood?
    #9159629 - 10/30/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? I do not give a crap how bad it tastes, I actually sampled a little and it isn't that bad to me, I can actually imagine it tasting much worse boiled down or blended or any other liquid form. Would cooking san pedro speed up absorbsion or something? I would prefer the no hassles natural means of eating it raw, but I only have 8 inches of goodness, so I would want to maximize it's potential.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: The Centre]
    #9159693 - 10/30/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That's just a whole lot of material that wasn't necessarily meant for your insides. I can't imagine it being "less" effective, it would just be exponentially harder to keep down.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #9159741 - 10/30/08 03:37 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

1 dose = 400g fresh, good luck eating almost one pound (or more) of Trichocereus.

If yours don´t taste too bad they´re probably not strong enough for a good dose.

FH

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: felixhigh]
    #9159767 - 10/30/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Miracle berry + trichocerenastiness = ???

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Invisiblejds

Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: highdroponics]
    #9159769 - 10/30/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ughhh eating raw san pedro,  but I guess you could let it dry, then it would be way easier to eat.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Edited by jds (10/30/08 03:45 PM)

OfflineNomis
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #9159961 - 10/30/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

If you don't mind setting aside an hour or two to chow down on quite a bit of bitter cucumber aswell as an hour or two despining, skinning and slicing it's a decent experience and the most natural. If it doesn't taste that bad to you are you sure you have an active cactus ?
If only I had known about toothpaste dulling the pallet before trying it au naturale.

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: felixhigh]
    #9166357 - 10/31/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
1 dose = 400g fresh, good luck eating almost one pound (or more) of Trichocereus.

If yours don´t taste too bad they´re probably not strong enough for a good dose.

FH

Thats my thoughts exactly. And 8 inches probably isn't going to be enough. You need at least 12" with Pedro. I promise that it tastes worse and worse as you work your way through it. Thats why I like mescaline.

EG

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9166405 - 10/31/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Would cooking san pedro speed up absorbsion or something? I would prefer the no hassles natural means of eating it raw, but I only have 8 inches of goodness, so I would want to maximize it's potential.

I've read that by cooking it you will cause it to loose some of it's potency. If you want the full effect and you can handle it I think the cucumber method would be the most straight forward. You'll need at least a 12 inch long cutting for a full trip.

I for one don't see how people can handle eating raw San Pedro. For me it tasted so bad i couldn't get even one piece down. I had to finally smash it and try and blend it. Even then I couldn't get it down. So I ended up waiting it. For me the Mesc extraction could be the only answer.

I'd actually rather just grow them however. I seem to get much to attached to my cacti.

Offlinechris92346
Stranger

#9166480 - 10/31/08 11:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The question with eating raw cactus is NOT whether it is effective, just whether or not it is tolerable.

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: chris92346]
    #9166709 - 11/01/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Again. I'd have to say it depends on your stomach. It sure aint tolerable for me. Your best bet is to dry it and pulverize it.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #9166849 - 11/01/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

there are some bridgesii clones that dont taste bad and are sure effective.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: kadakuda]
    #18981832 - 10/15/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
there are some bridgesii clones that dont taste bad and are sure effective.

Ok, I ended up planting that 8 inch cutting, now I have (had, ate most) quite a lot of cactus. I actually DID get off quite nicely off the outsides of a good 12 inches, up to the core. Yea, I ate a foot. I had a few VERY successfull tea experiences, and can see how most people can't imagine eating raw cactus. Heck, my poor friend couldn't even handle tea. *Cough*wuss*cough.*

I however still say, eat it raw. Or, even better, if available, get a juicer that separates the pulp from the juice, and juice it. They're pricey though, but luckily I'm going to a place where one is available to me. Need more cactus though... Shit grows too slow for my appetite.

Oh, and get this, raw feels GOOD in my stomach. Tea = Spastic colon. Potent as fuck, but, spastic colon. Hard to eat fo sho, but hey, you gotta want it to deserve it, in my book. Shrooms and acid are tooooooo easy. Especially cid.

InvisibleJunkheadrev
The River Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Arizona
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: highdroponics]
    #18982177 - 10/15/13 04:51 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
Miracle berry + trichocerenastiness = ???

A guy tried this with 3 5x tablets .
It certainly didn't make it sweet or even taste any better  . It just seemed to make it less intense (compared to previous tastings)  , but considering trichocereus taste different from variety to variety he can't really say it made any difference at all considering he didn't think of tasting the mix before putting the tabs in his mouth .
It is probably worth trying it with the actual fresh  fruits mixed in .:justdontknow:

On a side note , he has had a bridgesoid of some sort that was much more potent and slghtly less disgusting than a pachanoi(?) he ingested.
He used the same method of freezing unfreezing , adding lemon and boiling for both .
So in his experience , bitterness isn't a great way to measure alkaloid content.

--------------------

Offlinesidvivius
south narvalo
Male User Gallery

Loc: south of France
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: Junkheadrev]
    #18986325 - 10/16/13 01:58 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I think miracle berries only change sour taste to sweet, not bitter to delicious (but I can be wrong, never tried those)

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: sidvivius]
    #18989155 - 10/17/13 12:15 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I would say that no matter if you have taste a bit of san pedro, later when you eat more and more it starts to taste awful.

I don't see why eating the raw flesh would not be as effective as any other method. However, amount of you have to eat slimy chemical tasting flesh is much and I would dare to say eating it instead of making beverage cause more stomach problems than beverage.

I have also tasted raw tricho, well it's not bad if small piece are tasted but in long term the amount of flesh you need to eat is very big and it starts to taste bad after every bite.

Never eat raw cacti to get a trip but I would say it's not the best method.. Beverage also taste very bad so thinking of eating lots of fresh flesh would not be fun at all in my mind. I would not think I can ever eat raw trichocereus flesh so much to get experience from it. Cacti have so awful taste and it's getting worse bite by bite...

I would suggest that dry the fresh flesh, then powder it and eat it with yogurt or something.

However, effects should not be different at all no matter do you eat it raw, dried, as beverage or extracted.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#18989639 - 10/17/13 06:21 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

If you can get it down.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinelightwalker
Stranger
    #19341699 - 12/29/13 02:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Do not cook it, you will destroy parts of the plant.
My method:
Take a good 12" of pedro. Older plants are preferred.
cut in long slices down the corners.
Preboil the cactus for around 20 minutes. Take out from pot let cool.
This makes it easier to scrape the green inner layer which is all you need to "trip". Once cool, cut out all white matter, only leaving the skin and the thin layer of green.
Scrap all green inner matter from skin. dispose of skin and all white matter/core.
Crush or liquify somehow.
Now you can either drink this raw or freeze it, and grind it to smaller pieces after frozen then drink.
To drink it, you need to drink it a little at a time, because the stuff tastes horrible. The most bitter undrinkable mess you have ever tasted.
To make it easier, you need to drink it like it is hard liquor.
Take shots really fast, immediately with a chaser of orange juice after. This dulls the taste and makes it almost untasteable.
You can also add orange juice to the pedro to dull the taste even more.
It will get to a point where you cannot take anymore and you gag at almost every drink. That should be when you have enough in your system.
12" of only green matter is not that much. I swallowed 18" before.
This way of consuming replicates a strong dose of LSD.
If you are not getting any results from your pedro, you are cooking it too long, destroying it in some way, or got a bunk piece of pedro.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other methood? [Re: lightwalker]
    #19344522 - 12/30/13 01:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:shocked:

A 5 year old post still going, but it is now sorta off topic for the garden as rules shifted focus.

EG rules.

Quote:

• Stay on topics related to the gardening and growing of ethnobotanicals/entheobotanicals.

• No dosage advice. Please take these queries to The Psychedelic Experience forum. Some dosage advice will be tolerated for the more rare ethnobotanicals/entheogens as other forums may not have this knowledge. The main focus of this forum is about growing plants. Remember this.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

OfflineAleaiactaest
Stranger
Male
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other method? [Re: The Centre]
    #20884119 - 11/24/14 03:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,
I would like to share my experience eating San Pedro raw. I had a cutting only 8 inches tall it came in the mail, the i let it grow to about 12 inches( i preserved some cacti behind as not to kill the plant). I felt like eating the cactus because i was to lazy to do an extraction. This is how it went:
I got rid of the white matter inside the cactus, cut the cactus like cucumber and only ate the green matter between the hard skin and white matter-used lemon juice to help me along the way. It was very hard thing to do, it took a while probably like an hour and a half it was gross. However, it can be done if you are determine enough-i did not puke felt slightly nauseous. Then i made some tea with the left over matter as i felt no effects I was worry about not getting enough mescaline. I waited and waited an nothing i began to mock the cactus and myself for doing this futile attempt. At around 2-3 hours past consumption i began to experience a powerful trip it kick my ass NEVER UNDERESTIMATE SAN PEDRO CACTI. My conclusion eating raw and  making tea can lead to strong trips as most of the compounds are preserved in its natural state. Because i feel like is very direct way of consumption once it goes through your digestive tract your brain will get tons of mescaline via your blood stream. It was a good trip i felt that God existed, and our existence was one out of many. It was mainly an introspective trip with a strong body effect, it felt very similar to acid but more mellow and not as visual as mushrooms. I could conclude that it was a transcendental/religious type of trip i feel you should def respect the power of San Pedro. It lasted 12hrs plus! peak around 6 Hours.

WARNING: please educate yourself about the risk of taking hallucinogens, it can have serious consequences including HPPD or metal illness. If you do it try to reduce frequency as much as possible, if you have an addiction seek help.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Is eating san pedro raw as effective as any other method? [Re: Aleaiactaest]
    #20887905 - 11/25/14 09:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, seems you have been spooked off about. It's common you are going to be "bored" because you don't feel effects and suddenly you feel plant starts to kick. It should be known to wait +3hours before eve thinking was the plant potent or not or do you get effects from it. For some reason, no matter how you take it, mescaline starts to kick "fully" in 2-3hours. Empty stomach helps, you have to preserve some food for later when coming down to make your body feel good again. Some people feel withdrawals, they need to be eat and drink at end part of their journey.

I can say you can boil one dose of san pedro in 1-2hours with acid. Vinegar or Lemon(Citric acid) will do fine.

I have seen it have been done in 3 steps, 20-40minutes of boiling, then pour beverage away to another tray and heat it slowly to 3-4dL of water or so.. This need to be repeated 3 times. Then boil the filtered water (with two cooking trays, it's more faster)

With this method you probably get the most away from cactus, anyway it need to be dried and crushed first so magic dissolves faster in to water.

It's not rocket science. Mescaline will not be "cooked away" so easily. I have tried to do it and it can tolerate temperatures +100C long time.

Anyway, cooking can be done the way where you actually pour beverage off 3 times. Always add new water and some acid and start boiling again about 20-40min. Then it's ok to pour water away and add new. Usually 4 times is enough.. At fourth time water doesn't take anymore that "color" what beverage should be so 3x20-40min of boiling, then evaporating that bigger amount of water same time you boil the dried stuff.

However, I have seen beverage done very slowly and very fast, there isn't any noticeable difference. except with another method tea can be prepared faster.

If you don't want to taste it. Beverage can be done to solid form by evaporating all water from beverage, and then add that mescaline salt tar in to capsules. Usually some +10g of that tar will be enough to one trip.

So far I haven't been able to eat any cactus as raw. I don't see it's reasonable to eat all material, seems beverage(boiled +100C 3 times 20-40min) doesn't cause so much nausea compared to dried chips(or fresh cactus, same stuff you'll probably eat, no matter is it dry or fresh)

Afaik mescaline citrate/acetate doesn't probably evaporate so easy away from water when water boils at +100C. It needs some +135C (if I remember right) to cause evaporation and destruction of mescaline and other phenetylamines in cacti.

Edited by intelligentlife (11/25/14 09:56 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules