Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Night terrors fuckin suck
    #9152802 - 10/29/08 03:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Last night was the first time I experienced this. I woke up and I heard music, so I listened to it for about ten seconds (it sounded nice) before I realized I didn't have my stereo on. So I looked up and I saw what I can only describe as a shadow man. It looked like someone was standing over me but his silhouette was so dark it looked like it was sucking the light out of the room. Somehow I managed to look to my right and I saw my stereo, except the light on it was green and not red like my real stereo (didn't realize this until I snapped out of it), so I tried to reach for it but my body lied helplessly because I couldn't do shit. I knew I was experiencing a night terror but I can't even describe the sense of fear that PHYSICALLY ran through my body. This lasted about thirty seconds before I was able to move my hand, and then the shadow man disappeared and I actually got TRAILS from my hand. I turned on the light and colors looked BRIGHT AS FUCK, like I was on acid or something, for about ten seconds.

Okay, so I had a night terror. I go back to sleep not expecting it to happen again. Well, I wake up and hear my sister say "Buddy!" (my rat's name), but my room was completely dark and I knew she was sleeping in another room. This time I was completely awake and heard my sister who wasn't there talking.

Back to sleep again. I thought it wouldn't happen more than twice. Well by about the fifth time I was quivering like a motherfucker, tired as hell yet scared to close my eyes and hallucinating at the same time. Here are some examples. I woke up and heard something that wasn't there again (can't remember what), so I went to the bathroom and my eyes were blood red and they started POURING tears yet I wasn't crying. I woke up in my bed. I went to sleep again and I woke up because I was thirsty. So I started drinking this green tea, but with every sip my mouth got drier and drier. Once again I woke up in my bed. This time I was really fucking freaked out and I went to tell my mom about it. Well, turns out I woke up again. At this point I just thought a higher power had to be fucking with me or something, even though I don't believe in spirits and shit, but maybe I should.

I forgot to mention every time this happened the front part of my head felt like it was violently vibrating. This also happened when I tried to go to sleep, causing me not to be able to sleep but I was so exhausted I'd pass out anyway.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Aopocetx]
    #9152808 - 10/29/08 03:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like some fucked up sleep paralysis.  Happens to me too.  But I don't get figures.  Do you sleep on your back?  I get brain zaps and sleep paralysis if I sleep on my back.  I ALWAYS have to sleep on my side.

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

#9152830 - 10/29/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

your story just sent chills down my spine.  I would just smoke a bowl then say fuck it and sleep.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Innoculus]
    #9152832 - 10/29/08 04:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
Sounds like some fucked up sleep paralysis.  Happens to me too.  But I don't get figures.  Do you sleep on your back?  I get brain zaps and sleep paralysis if I sleep on my back.  I ALWAYS have to sleep on my side.

I tried every position. I used to think if I had a nightmare and changed my position I wouldn't have anymore but apparently it doesn't work. However my bed is shitty, there's like a dent in it from me sleeping there.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9152837 - 10/29/08 04:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm.. can you move during these?  I've been paralyzed and absolutely instilled with a physical and mental fear, but never with figures.  It is quite common though.  Wikipedia it if you haven't already.

InvisibleJas
=]
Female

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Innoculus]
    #9152866 - 10/29/08 05:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i've had scarier shit happen. =/
Anyways not until i let it go, told myself it wouldn't continue, it stopped.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Jas]
    #9152888 - 10/29/08 05:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

try this forum http://dreamviews.com/community/index.php

i think you could easily turn these dreams / sleep paralysis into lucid dreams.

i know what you mean by the physical sensation of terror. happens when your really shitting yourself its pretty crazy

Edited by retrospect (10/29/08 05:34 AM)

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Jas]
    #9154088 - 10/29/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jas said:
i've had scarier shit happen. =/
Anyways not until i let it go, told myself it wouldn't continue, it stopped.

Yeah I told myself it wouldn't continue about six times before I KNEW it was gonna continue, at least that night. I think it's all the stress in my life. I really feel like shit now. A psychologist once told me when you wake up into a dream it's your brain telling you that you have some problems. I don't know how true that is but it's true in my case.

As for the lucid dreaming, I used to be able to get past the buzzing sensation but it's too strong now.

--------------------

OfflineTheTwitch
Stranger

#9154121 - 10/29/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ive had these before. Not extreme like that but i have awaken and thought i did soemthign and it dint happen. I woke up once 3 hours late for work, got ready, was freakin the whole time and then i wake up in my bed.
They will eventually go away, well mine did. I used to wake up with animal noises or thinkign something was going to attack me...etc etc...

I used to be a HORRID sleep walker when i was 5-10yrs old. Like, left the house before. showered. watched a movie. and i wouldnt remember any of it. my parents just watched me.

My GF tells me now i talk all the time...recent fun events were...
Me: "hey, hey, hey, hey,hey...answer me!"
Her: What?
Me: Nothing
Her: what did you want?
Me: leave me the fuck alone.

Me: (sit up and take off shirt, throw accross room)"Blah!"
Her: are you ok?
Me: "It was a fuckin shirt i think"

OfflineSnakesGotALeg
Stranger
Male

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: TheTwitch]
    #9154187 - 10/29/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeahh! I get similar stuff whenever I sleep on my right side. I get trapped in loops of waking up. One night I thought there was a... handicapped person (ask me why:confused:) beside my bed, trying to get into bed with me. I tried to scream for help because I couldn't move but I couldn't make noise, just a distant scream inside my head (I get this all the time, without the handicapped person). I finally pulled myself out of bed and my vision went distorted and blurred as heck, I ran to turn the light on. Once I turned the light on BANG, I'm back in my bed, but the fear of the person beside me was still there so I ran for the light again, and then *flick! back in bed again. I looped through this quite a few times.

I'm positive that when I wake up, I AM awake, or just my mind atleast, once I actually gain the ability to move... I believe I sort of dream the trip to the light, that's why it's distorted. But when in bed I am definitely awake... I guess my uncle gets the same things, his explanation is that the brain wakes up but the body doesn't ( don't know how valid that one is). This happens when I'm really stressed out, possibly that's your cause.

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: TheTwitch]
    #9154245 - 10/29/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheTwitch said:
Me: (sit up and take off shirt, throw accross room)"Blah!"
Her: are you ok?
Me: "It was a fuckin shirt i think"

That's hilarious man, thanks for sharing.

--------------------

OfflinetheWakanTanka
Stranger
Male

#9154271 - 10/29/08 01:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I recall waking up and being completely unable to move and hearing screams and glass breaking that sounded as if they were coming from another room.

It is a fear like none other.

Offlinelow_mat
New to Drugs
Male

#9154294 - 10/29/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Aopocetx said:
Last night was the first time I experienced this. I woke up and I heard music, so I listened to it for about ten seconds (it sounded nice) before I realized I didn't have my stereo on. So I looked up and I saw what I can only describe as a shadow man. It looked like someone was standing over me but his silhouette was so dark it looked like it was sucking the light out of the room. Somehow I managed to look to my right and I saw my stereo, except the light on it was green and not red like my real stereo (didn't realize this until I snapped out of it), so I tried to reach for it but my body lied helplessly because I couldn't do shit. I knew I was experiencing a night terror but I can't even describe the sense of fear that PHYSICALLY ran through my body. This lasted about thirty seconds before I was able to move my hand, and then the shadow man disappeared and I actually got TRAILS from my hand. I turned on the light and colors looked BRIGHT AS FUCK, like I was on acid or something, for about ten seconds.

Okay, so I had a night terror. I go back to sleep not expecting it to happen again. Well, I wake up and hear my sister say "Buddy!" (my rat's name), but my room was completely dark and I knew she was sleeping in another room. This time I was completely awake and heard my sister who wasn't there talking.

Back to sleep again. I thought it wouldn't happen more than twice. Well by about the fifth time I was quivering like a motherfucker, tired as hell yet scared to close my eyes and hallucinating at the same time. Here are some examples. I woke up and heard something that wasn't there again (can't remember what), so I went to the bathroom and my eyes were blood red and they started POURING tears yet I wasn't crying. I woke up in my bed. I went to sleep again and I woke up because I was thirsty. So I started drinking this green tea, but with every sip my mouth got drier and drier. Once again I woke up in my bed. This time I was really fucking freaked out and I went to tell my mom about it. Well, turns out I woke up again. At this point I just thought a higher power had to be fucking with me or something, even though I don't believe in spirits and shit, but maybe I should.

I forgot to mention every time this happened the front part of my head felt like it was violently vibrating. This also happened when I tried to go to sleep, causing me not to be able to sleep but I was so exhausted I'd pass out anyway.

I had something sort of like this happen to me. I have only done shrooms once, smoke salvia a few times (had one crazy experience on it) and haven't smoked pot in months. Besides that I don't do many drugs and only drank socially. But I was reading about lucid dreaming and it was really interesting because I have had dreams where I realize it's a dream and start doing stuff but then usually wake up and am like dammit if only I didn't wake up so soon.

Anyways a had 2 different things happen to me. First was I was in my bed with the window open, starting to drift in and out of sleep. I live by a hospital so we get a lot of helicopter flying over our house. So I guess I fell asleep and I'm in a living room not anyone that I recognize facing somebody. Then I hear a helicopter but I'm still in that living room. As the helicopter is flying over I realize I'm in my bed, it felt like someone was looking at me. It was scary or anything. I kind of jolted and wake up. (When I say jolted its like when your about to fall asleep and you feel like your falling then you jolt and your back awake) So I open my eyes and I'm back in my bed lights off and nobody in my room and the helicopter is still flying over. I'm like that was weird. So drift off again and it happens again back in that living room. This time I kind of know this isn't real so I realize I'm still in my bed helicopter in the distance and it feels like that person is standing right next to my bed. Then the most amazing whole body feeling I have ever experience better then an organism as I remember it! It felt like my body was sleep. You know that feeling when you lay on your arm and cut off the blood flow and you move and the blood starts flowing again. But it just felt amazing! Then I'm awake again and am like that was awesome please happen again! But it didn't and I just woke up the next day. This happen a few months ago so it's fresh in my mind.

The other thing that happened was I woke up early on a Saturday after staying up late. I was watching TV and fell asleep on the couch with the TV on. Next thing I know I'm on the couch TV's on but I'm half asleep I guess you could say. Then there's Joe Rogan in my ear talking about DMT. If you don't know what I'm talking about search it on youtube. I listened to him talk about it a few days before so it was probably fresh in my memory. It was weird because I knew I was on the couch and the TV was on but I couldn't really tell what it was and there was this voice in my right ear. Thats another thing is was only on my right side like he was right there next to me talking to me. Then I woke up and opened my eyes. So I guess I was sleep with my eyes closed and as soon as I woke up Joe stopped talking. Really crazy again it didn't scare me but I guess made me realize the power of the brain. This was pretty recent like 3 weeks.

Then has anyone ever had a dream where something crazy like happens like a family member dies or you get hurt really bad. Not a nightmare but I guess like a drama, really emtional stuff happens. I have had those where my brother dies, or I'm in the hospital really hurt or my cars get stolen. And you feel really depressed. Then you wake up and are just so happy it was just a dream but are like that damn it felt so real and sucked so bad.

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: low_mat]
    #9154412 - 10/29/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

low_mat said:
Then has anyone ever had a dream where something crazy like happens like a family member dies or you get hurt really bad. Not a nightmare but I guess like a drama, really emtional stuff happens. I have had those where my brother dies, or I'm in the hospital really hurt or my cars get stolen. And you feel really depressed. Then you wake up and are just so happy it was just a dream but are like that damn it felt so real and sucked so bad.

Yeah, in one dream I felt like I was drowning. I felt the water running through my body and heard it too. When I woke up I was like holy shit I'm happy to be here.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #9154532 - 10/29/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've had very similar experiences, involving a dark shadow figure standing over my bed, then not being able to wake up about 4-5 dreams in a row. (I'd wake up, think I was awake, but then realize it was actually another dream, over and over)

Honestly, they "fuckin' suck" right after it happens, but when you look back on it in a year or so you're going to be going "Holy shit, that was fuckin' cool"

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9154576 - 10/29/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i have found that putting some classical music or any music at all on helps me stay sleeping after waking into a few successive sleep paralysis dreams.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #9154704 - 10/29/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I only had this happen to me once. It was very short. I woke up in my bed but I noticed that I kept seeing odd things without actual borders on the periphery of my vision - like a blue egg on the bed to my right(???). My vision was good at this time but the hallucinations looked like cartoons superimposed over reality.

Then as I realized I couldn't move, a flock of huge shadow bats swarmed over my bed.

Fucking sucks. I'm glad that shit doesn't happen to me more often.

I've had some pretty fucked-up psychedelic hypnagogic dreams too, though.

My brother's had night terrors his entire life, though. When he was younger he would often wake up screaming or crying, unable to recognize his family, terrified of something none of us could see. He's got it better under control now but he still occasionally wakes up incoherent and incredibly emotional.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (10/29/08 03:30 PM)

OfflineROX
Traveling...
Male

Loc: Croatia
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9154761 - 10/29/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have suffered from sleep paralysis for some time during a period of a year long or so, and I have had encounters with shadow entities while NOT sleeping (and before my psychedelic experiemnts).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Also, about SP, I don't understand how everyone gets it when on their back, while I've only ever had them when sleeping on my chest. The face vibrations the OP mentions are from an out of body experience, that I am certain of.

--------------------
~~Goa and psychedelic trance, psychedelic chillout mixes >>> http://www.rox-unreal.net/ <<<

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Re: Night terrors fuckin suck [Re: ROX]
    #9154907 - 10/29/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've had the dam shadow figure. I was sleeping at my friends house and til this day he swears to god he seen a black shadow figure standing over me staring at me while i was sleeping.

Another time i woke up in my bed and looked over to see this shadow guy ( mostly a blob of black shadow slightly shaped like a person ) and as soon as i noticed it it fucking rushed toward me and i woke up yelling for my mom all the time hearing my little sisters laugh manically. Then i wake up in bed against the fucking wall crying my eyes out. Next day my mom and sisters said i didnt yell at all.

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#9154956 - 10/29/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Aopocetx, I've also experienced similar night terrors/sleep paralysis several times (i experienced them much more frequently when I was younger though). Sometimes several times in the same night.
Usually when it happened I'd wake up hearing a strange buzzing sound/music, but not music and feeling a "presence" in the room while not being able to move except for being able to turn my head. Then I would see a shadowy figure moving around my room and then I would keep my eyes closed out of fear, hoping that it would eventually either stop or I would fall back asleep.

One time however I decided to keep my eyes open and look at the shadow figure. When I did that I stopped feeling fear, and the shadow figure turned into me, I was staring at myself, then I fell into a weird kind of dream afterwards and everything was fine.

I guess my recommendation is if you have these kinds of things again, and it really causes you distress, try looking at the shadow figure head on, and keep trying to look at it.

The scariest sleep paralysis I've had was when it felt like something was picking me up and dropping me on my bed over and over again with me keeping my eyes shut out of fear.  It's really odd, because its like dreaming while still being awake, but everything looks absolutely real. At first I thought it was caused by ghosts or something until I read about sleep paralysis.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder