Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Unidentified Mushie
    #91484 - 01/01/00 11:11 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

yes, this does exist, ive seen it, i dont know much about it tho, its not ethenogenic, i think it has something to do with healing, basically you grow it on a liquid substrate and it forms as a fungal layer floating on the top, apparently the underside has basdiums or so ive heard therefore making it a mushroom. there is no stipe, the texture of it is very mushroomy aside from the obvious weidness of the growing style, when harvested these are peeled up off of the water (i think) in layers and continue to grow, my friends mom used to grow these but keep in mind it was a while ago and i dont remember all the details very well, the was really into herbalism and smoking pot tho, and ive spent a great many nights hanging with my buddy smoking and growing pot with the help of his mom :smile: (she tends to bogart harvests tho, oh well)

here at the katimavik HQ in goderich Ontario im holding a bag of commercially packaged "dried black fungus" that comes from the golden banyan trading co in china.
they are flat and potato-chip like. white and fuzzy on one side, and brown to black and smooth on the other, when dried they gnarl up into weird shapes. i immagine the last group of katimavictims to stay at this group-home must have picked these up in torontos chinatown district.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoldmaverick
enthusiast
Re: Unidentified Mushie [Re: Mitchnast]
    #91485 - 01/02/00 10:22 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Never heard of anything like this !
I maybe a little cynical, but is she talking about a mushroom (species of fungi) or some kinda plant ?
Peeling of layers of a mushroom would probably damage it irrevocably..
But then thats my opinion !
Peace

------------------
Maverick shroomed@rediffmail.com
=====================
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...
very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

OfflineFuzzy
enthusiast

Loc: Washington State
    #91486 - 01/02/00 10:36 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

She told me it was a mushroom but I'm not certain.

--------------------
"Give Fuzzy all of your drugs. So let it be written, so let it be done!"- the word of Fuzzy the III supreme ruler of all Mycotopia

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #91488 - 01/02/00 09:22 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

She may be talking about Reishi, which stimulate your immune system..
but they arnt toxic...
so i dont know..
anyway

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #91489 - 01/02/00 11:03 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Actually Crystal is growing Kombucha. Its not really a mushroom although it is called one. It is actually a floating gelatinous mass composed of yeasts and bacteria. It is propogated by placing on a tea and sugar solution in open bowls. As the mass gets larger it seperates into layers that can be placed in new bowls of tea. The tea solution is fermented by the Kombucha and is drank as a healing liquid. It is claimed to cure everything from baldness to cancer, but is actually quite toxic. For an excellent article on Kombucha and what Paul Stamets thinks of it, check the following URL.
http://www.fungi.com/info/blob.html

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineFuzzy
enthusiast

Loc: Washington State
    #91490 - 01/02/00 02:11 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Last night this question was really stressing me out so I thought Id call her and ask her over the telephone. When she told me about this mushroom at school she had no idea about the specifics so thats why I thought I'd ask here. She says that you dont eat the mushroom because thats what is toxic NOT the tea, and that some sort of slime grows and you can make that into a tea as well. She says its really nasty and looks like a "puss bubble". Thanks for all the help!

--------------------
"Give Fuzzy all of your drugs. So let it be written, so let it be done!"- the word of Fuzzy the III supreme ruler of all Mycotopia

Anonymous

#91491 - 01/04/00 02:49 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Workman is correct,
My mother is growing it. It is indeed a colony of yeasts and bacteria that flourishes and reproduces in tea. This process ferments the tea giving it alleged medicinal properties.

Stamets however cautions people against it since it also needs a sterile environment.

hope dat helps

Anonymous

#91492 - 01/04/00 05:27 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

About 60 years ago my grandmother use to grow this living or other similar living thing in her kitchen ... she called it a tea.... in spain at that time people in their houses uses to grow strange things like that....there is some literature about that...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate