Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleslicknick
day tripper
Male

Loc: Southeast
popcorn casing???????????
    #9147294 - 10/28/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok i have a 120qt rubber-maid that im going to use perlite for rh about how much perlite should be in the bottom of it to do popcorn casings and should there be holes drilled in the sides?
  also what would be the best way to case qts of popcorn?  what media would be best or easy regarding high yields?
coir?
verm?
peat?
marshmallows? (jk or am i)
any help is defiantly welcome and if all goes well i will be posting some shots of the product and if im not too lazy i might do a video grow log so lets hope for the best and answer my ?s lol:tongue2:

--------------------
learning

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: slicknick]
    #9147316 - 10/28/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

About 4-5inches of perlite should do ya good.  Whether you want to drill a bunch of holes like a proper shotgun fruiting chamber for fresh air exchange or have no holes and manually fan is up to you. 

There's a difference between spawning your grains to a substrate and adding a casing layer.  Coir, vermiculite, manure, straw, coffee grounds, gypsum, are all good as bulk substrates.

Perlite, vermiculite and lime are often used as the top casing layer....but if you've spawned to a properly hydrated bulk substrate the casing layer is optional.  If you only want to case your grains look up the 50/50+ casing layer. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #9147319 - 10/28/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Not all people are here to get high. Most are here to explore there minds, and you just sputtered out a plethora of idiocy. 3 posts ? Go read/learn more grasshoppah.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: Psuper]
    #9147355 - 10/28/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:

Perlite, vermiculite and lime are often used as the casing layer.

Perlite

Don't use Perlite for a casing layer.

I think you meant to say Peat!~

here is a great casing layer tek...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5824391#Post5824391

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: Boris]
    #9147362 - 10/28/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Perlite as a top casing layer???

Use the 50/50 Tek...Either use vermiculite and coir, or vermiculite and peat moss...Most people say peat moss, but I like coir. Just my preference.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: MHbound]
    #9147485 - 10/28/08 10:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

weather your fruiting cakes, or bulks subs, or cased bulk subs. Fruiting conditions are still the same.

You need high humidity, fae and light. I dont see holes in your FC as being optional since fresh air exchange is a key pinning trigger. The holes provide some natural FAE and you give it a boost 4-5 times daily. The holes also help with rh, allowing air to wick moisture as it filters through  the perlite.

4-5 inches perlite should keep rh high for a month.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9147504 - 10/28/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

use the marshmallows :thumbup:
if people like them then why not mushrooms!

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Invisibleslicknick
day tripper
Male

Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: grod31]
    #9147814 - 10/28/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok so holes are the way to go how large would you say they should be or should i do very large holes and fill with poly fil?
and for the casing i was thinking that i would toss the popcorn with coir 1:2 or 1:3 then let colonize then but a verm and coir 50/50 casing layer on top  any thoughts of that or other ideas that might work better

--------------------
learning

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: Roadkill]
    #9147876 - 10/28/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
Quote:

Psuper said:

Perlite, vermiculite and lime are often used as the casing layer.

Perlite

Don't use Perlite for a casing layer.

I think you meant to say Peat!~

here is a great casing layer tek...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5824391#Post5824391

tc

Yeah, what Roadkill said.  Do not ever use perlite in your casing layer mix....I meant to say peat.  I was in a small bicycle accident this weekend and I am staying home from work loaded on vicoden....so I might say some other dumb stuff today. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9147949 - 10/28/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Flick your mouse wheel up until you meet the top of the page, then locate the white box with the blue button next to it labeled search. Then proceed in learning something the ez, and more reliable way, rather then asking a bunch of people. Not that any of these people in this post misinformed you, but it is VERY common to see people trying to pass off allot of misinformation thinking there correct.

I dunno rather you have a English problem, or grammar issue, but the way you explain in your posts make my head hurt. First of all, whats your spawn ? There is a cake method, and a bulk substrate method (Most common used). Drilling many holes (Shotgun FC), and perlight is a method of achieving RH for Cakes (PF tek). using coir, or other bulk substrates, with a casing lair ect, is Bulk (Go figure).

When you go Bulk, you inoculate grain (Jars) with spoors (MS), or a LC. Then when it fully colonizes that is called your spawn.... you then lair/mix the spawn in with a bulk substrate, and let that all colonize. No need to have grain already in your bulk substrate... \

Plz learn2English first, or just teach yourself perhaps, with the search engine if your too noobie to even ask a question properly.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Invisibleslicknick
day tripper
Male

Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: Boris]
    #9148511 - 10/28/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hey boris shut the fuck up
one i dont need help with my english if your going to school some1 on their grammar make sure you check yours
two its funny no1 else is having any problems with reading my post
three i have been reading a lot of the information on this website and you are right there are some that will lead you in the right direction and there are others that dont know shit but to every question i have had there are more then one answer  and or technique
four as for my spawn correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that be covered by me mentioning popcorn

ok as for all the other people trying to help out some1 new to this thank you for your insight and keep it coming please
i still would like to know what every1 thinks as to hole size and the polyfill idea i see the poly fill use mostly for monotubs
and for the casing if i mix the popcorn spawn with a ratio of coir do you think fruits will be larger or more abundant i know it would slow down this whole process but im willing to do that if the long run is better

--------------------
learning

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger

Loc: Canada
    #9148541 - 10/28/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

you will get a bigger flush if you spawn that p.c. to something instead of fruiting it straight.  Coir will work fine.  Coir subs will fruit well without a casing, but if you use a casing, use the verm/peat/lime mix.  Coir in the casing will increase the chances of the casing getting over colonized.  And if coir is your base substrate, no need to have it in the casing mix.  Just make sure that you give it plenty of FAE's.  P.c. tends to contam easily if you don't.  There is a lot of water in the large corn kernels that can lead to contamination if left unattended for too long.  good luck.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: popcorn casing??????????? [Re: billyboy36]
    #9150702 - 10/28/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah you mentioned popcorn,... not that it was colonized. the way you put it, made me think you were just gunna mix it with your substrate as an additive, then innoc the substrate or some shit... obviously your question was retarded because you got some people explaining bulk techniques, and some explaining cake setups and ect...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix