Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecmod777debian
The Flood

Liquid Culture question
    #9146675 - 10/28/08 04:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen a honey liquid culture that had mycelium growing into clouds inside a pint sized jar.  The clouds are thick but one of the clouds has dark spots on it.  What could a person call these spots?

It looked like the liquid culture was made with a mycelium cutting

--------------------
Something like everything.  Nothing like anything

I think for myself....therefore I am myself

I look both ways before crossing the street, 4 times.  It's not because I am affraid to get hit by a car, it would just be a real inconvenience.

Don't make a wish.  Make a decision

My idea of gun control is a firm grip!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleteknix
𓂀⟁𓅢𓍝𓅃𓊰𓉡 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Liquid Culture question [Re: cmod777debian]
    #9146683 - 10/28/08 04:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Your probably overcooking your LC. Which is really easy to do if your PC doesnt have gauges on it. I think it is probably sediment from the honey, as bacteria AFAIK floats to the top. Try using this tek http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2321056/an/0/page/0 seems to leave less sediment. You can use a regular jar for this, Just put the lid/ring soaking in some Diluted bleach on top of your microwave. When the jar has nuked for 5 mins, spray some lysol around, clean your hand with the bleach water to your elbows, shake the bleach off the lid the best u can (dont breath on anything, wear a mask or wrap a tshirt around your face) and put the lid and ring on the jar while it is stil hot. Keep in mind this will create a vacuum in your jar if you dont have a breather/filter hole, so be ready when it trys to suck everything in.

Just my 2cents.

Another cool thing to do, Is when you make your spore syringe, use some LC instead of water. (only do this if your sure of your LC techniques)

--------------------
.6th and 7th sense theory
.Now is forever. .ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞTheﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞUnseenﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ is seenﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ by the blindﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ eye.ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ.When the inevitable time comes, go with your head held high,without regret or remorse, in your subconscious mind.
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ
ﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞﱞ

Offlinecmod777debian
The Flood

Re: Liquid Culture question [Re: teknix]
    #9151258 - 10/28/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

anyone else?

--------------------
Something like everything.  Nothing like anything

I think for myself....therefore I am myself

I look both ways before crossing the street, 4 times.  It's not because I am affraid to get hit by a car, it would just be a real inconvenience.

Don't make a wish.  Make a decision

My idea of gun control is a firm grip!

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Liquid Culture question [Re: cmod777debian]
    #9151266 - 10/28/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if you want an LC that definitely works- look up Monstermitch's tek on it.  Works wonderfully.  And no, you don't have to put all of that stuff in there.  The malt and honey should be enough if you don't want to add the rest of the sugary stuff.  Be sure to heat your LC slowly to keep it from burning/carmelizing. 

As long as your "dark spots" don't spread, don't worry.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag