Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
How many Mycobags in a 21qt PC?
    #9137202 - 10/26/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Using rye...and it being my first time, i dont know how many are going to fit basically. I have a Presto 21qt PC and am going to fill each mycobag up with 2 cups rye, 2 cups water...to make 2qt bags. How many 2 qt bags can i pressure cook at one time?

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

Edited by xswaveyx (10/27/08 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How many Mycobags in a 16qt PC? [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9137275 - 10/26/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on the size of the bag. Just fill a couple of bags with 2 qts of dry grain and see what size they end up and how many you can fit. Theen pour it out and start preparing.

It's not the same if they are short and squat or tall and thin as you wan't as little space between the bags as possible to waste less space. It also depends on the shape of your PC.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: How many Mycobags in a 16qt PC? [Re: Nibin]
    #9137444 - 10/26/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nibin said:
Depends on the size of the bag. Just fill a couple of bags with 2 qts of dry grain and see what size they end up and how many you can fit. Theen pour it out and start preparing.

It's not the same if they are short and squat or tall and thin as you wan't as little space between the bags as possible to waste less space. It also depends on the shape of your PC.

Arent they all round?:stoned:

Are they gonna get messed up that way though? Im sure they wont expand all in one direction so they fit tight... so if they are a little snug when done is that okay? I dont wanna overdo it... thats why i thought id ask before i melted bags or something stupid. (im forced to use a gas stove where we are doing this ) :puke:

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #9137520 - 10/26/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I use 4 qts of substrate in my bags... I can fit 4 of them in my PC... another user Gethyn was just saying the other day how he can only fit 3 in his at the same size.

make sure they have a little room for steam to escape so they dont pop in the PC

I usually use pop cans on their sides to make the space at the bottom for the water needed to PC for 2.5 hours

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: How many Mycobags in a 16qt PC? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9137859 - 10/26/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
I use 4 qts of substrate in my bags... I can fit 4 of them in my PC... another user Gethyn was just saying the other day how he can only fit 3 in his at the same size.

make sure they have a little room for steam to escape so they dont pop in the PC

I usually use pop cans on their sides to make the space at the bottom for the water needed to PC for 2.5 hours

You can fit 16qts of rye inside your 16qt pressure cooker after putting popcans on the bottom??????

what?

EDIT: You PC your rye for 2.5 hrs? Does everyone else do that as well? i thought an hour was how long i was supose to PC it.

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9137864 - 10/26/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I didnt say rye... and yes, because my substrate is Packed together before I PC it

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9137932 - 10/26/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

so i should be able to get 10 quarts in each time safely?Of rye of course.

How long should i run the PC for?

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9138244 - 10/26/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

2.5 hours at 15 psi.

--------------------

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9138266 - 10/26/08 06:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ooo. i just found a 21 qt for the same price as the 16 was...and it was a deal on the 16. woo.

Now this thread is useless. Unless someone says 16 qts ( 8 bags, 2 qts each) wont fit in a 21 qt?

--------------------

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9140392 - 10/27/08 02:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
Quote:

Nibin said:

Arent they all round?:stoned:

Are they gonna get messed up that way though? Im sure they wont expand all in one direction so they fit tight... so if they are a little snug when done is that okay? I dont wanna overdo it... thats why i thought id ask before i melted bags or something stupid. (im forced to use a gas stove where we are doing this ) :puke:

Some are taller, some are wider.

If your bags are very wide you might not be able to fit two on each layer, for example. Plus, fitting rectangularish blocks of grain into a round edged container means you loose a hell of a lot of space.

The only surefire method is to test it, and yes, remember that the grain will swell, some more than others.

If you are using a gas ring remember to have it as low as possible, flames going up the sides of the pot = a big risk of bags melting.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: How many Mycobags in a 16qt PC? [Re: Nibin]
    #9140629 - 10/27/08 05:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

do this:

you should have a rack at the bottom of the PC.
put like 4 rings from canning jars under that rack.
now you can add more water.

i do this because i dont want the bags so close to the bottom where they have a higher risk of melting from using a gas stove. i even put rings on the sides ofthe bags so they dont touch the walls. im paranoid and over do things. I have 100% success doing it this way.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Re: How many Mycobags in a 16qt PC? [Re: tripchip]
    #9142264 - 10/27/08 02:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tripchip said:
do this:

you should have a rack at the bottom of the PC.
put like 4 rings from canning jars under that rack.
now you can add more water.

i do this because i dont want the bags so close to the bottom where they have a higher risk of melting from using a gas stove. i even put rings on the sides ofthe bags so they dont touch the walls. im paranoid and over do things. I have 100% success doing it this way.

I will do this as well. I dont want to see any melted bags. How much water will i need in a 21 qt to go for 2.5 hrs? Im excited to see how much i can fit in there.

Dont the rings get hot from touching the inside, and transfer the heat onto the bags its touching? Or will it only matter if the bags are directly touching the sides?

EDIT: I changed the topic to 21 qt, since i bought a presto 21qt lastnight. I had plans of buying the 16qt but, for 5 bucks more... i went with the 21. Now i gotta go over to madseason to order bags!

--------------------

Edited by xswaveyx (10/27/08 02:30 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale