Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

psilocin and psilocybin
    #9118006 - 10/22/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question,  but Ive been doing some research and looked even on WIKI but cannot find anything

What is the difference between the two?  I understand one turns into the other after you ingest it, and its dephosphorlated or whatever.  but whats the dif?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: djblackout]
    #9118221 - 10/22/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

elaborate...what exactly do you want to know...you can look up the structure of the two and see the molecular difference. They are basically the same molecule...except psilocybin has a crazy phosphate thingy attached to make it more stable than psilocin when exposed to air.

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9118232 - 10/22/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

do they effect you in any different way?

such as making the trip you experience different?

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
    #9118256 - 10/22/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybin is inactive, and psilocin is active.  This means that psilocin is actually what fucks you up where as psilocybin causes stomach problems.

I could be wrong though.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #9118259 - 10/22/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

no your body breaks the phosphate group off and uses it the same as psilocin. Psilocybin is just more chemically stable.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9118272 - 10/22/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so that kinda means fresh shrooms[p. cubes] are better than dried?

or other way around?

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9118321 - 10/22/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybin IS Psilocin - just with another molecule attached.. As someone said, psilocin is what makes you trip - so when you ingest psilocybin, your body has to remove the molecule to convert it to psilocin..

From what I understand, fresh contain more psilocin, but when you dry them, it's converted to psilocybin which is more stable.. But again, when you ingest them dry, there's an extra step involved for your body.. Also from what I understand - fresh are better than dry, potency and trip..

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #9118332 - 10/22/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yes they are oxidization is a huge factor in the breakdown of psilocin and to a lesser extent psilocybin.
If you eat them fresh no breakdown occurs before it is consumed.
Plus the taste is better too.

edit: when fresh mushrooms are dried some of the psilocin breaks down because of it's volatility (just to clarify)

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (10/22/08 09:24 PM)

Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

#9118337 - 10/22/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Fresh shrooms should retain more potency than dried, how much depends on your drying process.  But some will always be lost, but this ammount could either be negligible or devastating.
\
From erowid-

Psilocybin and psilocin are naturally occurring psychedelics with a long history of human use. Both are present in 'psychedelic' or 'magic' mushrooms. Psilocybin, the better known of these two chemicals, is metabolized after ingestion into psilocin, which is the primary active chemical.

--------------------

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: J3illy]
    #9118344 - 10/22/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

what extra step is taken when digesting dry ones?

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9118350 - 10/22/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The conversion of psilocybin to psilocin that your body has to perform, by removing the extra molecule that's attached..

Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

#9118372 - 10/22/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

None, the fact is that the psilocin is active but psilocybin is generally regarded to non-psychoactive.  The process of drying the mushroom allows for psilocybin to break down into psilocin but in the end the psilocin is less resistant to oxidization which would render the chemical in active.  The same process is negated by the use of maoi's in humans.

What extra step is taken when digesting dry shrooms? none, infact one less is usually taking place but the abundance of psilocin vs. psilocybin allows for more oxidization to take place and render them less active per designated weight.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #9118388 - 10/22/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

^ I think there's some wrong info in there.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9118392 - 10/22/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so drying them,  turn the psilocybin into psilocin,  but then is easily oxidized by touching/bruising?

so now im not sure which is better,  dry or fresh

--------------------

Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

#9118428 - 10/22/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

FRESH MUSH IS THE BEST!  Your body will take care of reducing psilocybin to psilocin.

If my information is incorrect I would love to be corrected.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9118432 - 10/22/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

No - when you dry them psilocybin is NOT converted to psilocin - this is the extra step I was talking about that your body has to perform when you ingest psilocybin, which is NOT active, and must be converted to psilocin..

And again, fresh shrooms are regarded as better, because they contain more psilocin..

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
    #9118471 - 10/22/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok...the reason that fresh mushrooms are more potent than dry ones is that psilocin is not stable and breaks down when exposed to oxygen into a non-psychoactive, blue colored substance(this is the reason mushrooms bruise blue). Psilocybin is more stable and does not break down as fast.

So when they are fresh, you have both psilocin and psilocybin present in the original amounts. As they dry the psilocin begins to break down, and given enough time all you are left with is psilocybin. Thereby reducing potency in dried product.

The reason that dry product is still active is because freshly dried mushrooms still have some psilocin in them, and alot of psilocybin in them. When you ingest the mushrooms, the psilocybin undergoes dephosphorylation by the acidic stomach contents and by enzymes in the body into psilocin which then passes over the blood-brain barrier and binds to the right receptors and...

:crazy2::crazy2::omgawesome::omgawesome::eek::3some::lsd::penguinmonkey:

hope this helps :grin::thumbup:

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: psilocin and psilocybin [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9118484 - 10/22/08 09:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

cool thanks.  so then i just have one remanding question

fresh vs dry....

is there really that much of a potency difference?

like for instance if i took

3grams of dry
and 30 grams of fresh

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9118504 - 10/22/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It depends how good they were dried, how old they are, how they were stored, etc.. Oxygen degrades psilocybin over time, and even in a bag, there's still gas exchange.. I read this tek on drying them and adding freon to the bags they're stored in, which sucks out all the oxygen, and preserves them longer and better.. It also helps if they're stored in a freezer..

If they're dried properly, and aren't that old - the difference in potency between fresh vs. dry is negligible.. But from what I've read, the trip on fresh ones is a little different and said to be better..

Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

#9118531 - 10/22/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybin is converted to psilocin when improper drying technique is used.  Although it is more resistant to oxidation heat is still an issue.  psilocybin is broken down when something like an oven is used to dehydrate your mush I thought.  As far as psilocin breaking down this would only happen primarily in the outer layers of mushroom tissue? I mean you arn't going to be blowing air through your mushrooms or powdering them?

I have eaten fresh and dried and the only reason I like fresh is they seem more up than down which happens more from dried mush ime.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract