Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYeahGuy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern Maine
Amanita Growth
    #9100806 - 10/19/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So the past couple weeks, Amanita Muscaria has been popping up in the area here and there (Southern Maine). Ive harvested it a bit, either drying them out, or cooking with them from there, and so far have had a pleasant experience with them. I can tell they arent too potent, which is fine with me, but they are absolutely delicious. I little idea I did was saute them in olive oil for about 10 minutes, but a very light simmer, had some onions in with them, then put them in a pasta sauce which it sauteed in for about 25 minutes.

Anyways, the question I have is I found a spot on a golf coarse (which is actually 1000 feet from my house, and the owner whos a friend of mine already gave me the go ahead to help myself any mushrooms), where a bunch of Amanita Muscaria var. formosa is growing around a pine tree (theres a bunch scattered together in family but nice green grass at the bottom), anywhere from right at the base to up to 15 feet away. Well, today there were about eight different amanitas in different stage, with one I harvested because it was just started to dry out. The others looked fine and were still growing, one of them just about to open its cap to spore. I watered the area ever so slightly and each mushroom a bit more (about a gallon of water in total). The idea I was wondering being we havent had rain for a few days, and wont for a few more is, I want to let these grow more but should I water the whole area a bunch more. The spot is about 25 feet from a pond, and I can use a garbage barrel to fill it with water, and then just dump it over the whole area saturating it. Would the saturation help it, cause Ive heard with psilocybin mushrooms too much water can drown them. So in theory I was wondering, as long as the ground doesnt form any puddles and absorbs the water, then it would help, right?

--------------------
Gregor Arturo
Myco-hunter & Photographer

The only active I've ever found - Persistence is key! However, I do dig those tasty ones too! But always beware!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Growth [Re: YeahGuy]
    #9100893 - 10/19/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I can't think of anything more neurotoxic than A. Muscaria...

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

OfflineYeahGuy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Growth [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9100926 - 10/19/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alkylbenzene23 said:
I can't think of anything more neurotoxic than A. Muscaria...

I've photographed over 300 species of mushrooms, and I am pretty confident in saying it is no where near the top of the list of what I've encountered that is neurotoxic.

I've done my research, I've had my own personal experiences, and aside from that, I am not looking for your opinions on its neurotoxicity. However, watering recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
Gregor Arturo

The only active I've ever found - Persistence is key! However, I do dig those tasty ones too! But always beware!

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
    #9100945 - 10/19/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well...damn, that's a good question.

If it's been raining good enough to allow these to grow within one thousand feet of your home... let it rain? :shrug:

Or water lightly. Really lightly.

~Monk

OfflineYeahGuy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Growth [Re: numonkei]
    #9101000 - 10/19/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

numonkei said:
Well...damn, that's a good question.

If it's been raining good enough to allow these to grow within one thousand feet of your home... let it rain? :shrug:

Or water lightly. Really lightly.

~Monk

Thanks Monk! That basically answered my question. It rained all day I believe Thursday, and didn't really dry up until Friday's afternoon. This is the second time I've been to this spot that had amanitas. Basically I watered them lightly. Anyways, I think I'll go with your advise. Thanks again!

--------------------
Gregor Arturo

Edited by YeahGuy (10/19/08 05:54 PM)

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

#9101027 - 10/19/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I can.. Alcohol, DXM, Methamphetamine.. lol

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

OfflineYeahGuy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Growth [Re: Grogan]
    #9101089 - 10/19/08 06:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Grogan said:
I can.. Alcohol, DXM, Methamphetamine.. lol

LOL. Ya, my intial response was just going to be alcohol haha.

--------------------
Gregor Arturo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate