Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Foolproof?
    #9098124 - 10/18/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If I use a mycodome with their pre-sterlized substrate jars and follow the instructions, after putting the syringe of spores in the jars, it's pretty much foolproof right?  I've read all the posts of it being a rip off, which it is to a certain extent, but I want something easy to learn by.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackintheriver
Male User Gallery

Re: Foolproof? [Re: mr.bixby]
    #9098210 - 10/18/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

do the pf tek. you can look up the videos on youtube search for "lets grow mushrooms" and i personally think that that is foolproof. believe me it is hard to screw up the pf tek just follow the instructions.

Offlineburitobomb
artist
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa
Re: Foolproof? [Re: backintheriver]
    #9098350 - 10/18/08 11:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

all i got to say is be very clean i even shampoo the carpet:)

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::smirk:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: Foolproof? [Re: buritobomb]
    #9098366 - 10/18/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

seriously,  all you need is a glove box.  Go make one out of a big rubbermade you can get for 6.24 at wally world.

cut two holes out for your arms

rub some alcohol in that bitch and bam!

sterile.

noc the jars up in there and make a shotgunFC  or do gallon zip loc bags like i do.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

OfflineIcAnFeeLthErain
How ya like your Chang's Sauce?
Male

Loc: Bright Side of the Road
Re: Foolproof? [Re: buritobomb]
    #9098397 - 10/18/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Mycodome, mycodome-ass for buying that thing  :shake:
Don't take it personally, I'm just kidding around with you bc like the first responder said PF tek is very simple and with a sense of simplistic direction and moderately clean techniques you could have put together a grow for less than a fifth of what you paid for that project.  Although, for someone who can toss 150 bucks around no problem it sure is a tight little package.  Heck I'll admit it grabbed my eye.

However you do see the irony here right?  Even after you get your mycodome and read the instructions your still going to have to create a clean environment and 'noc up the jars like normal (does it have a glovebox incorporated too?) and here you are back at the shroomery asking similar questions you would be asking if you just bought some jars and a fish tank heater.

So technically yes, the PF tek is fool-proof.  Don't prove to be a fool, stick to the tek.  Good luck and have fun with the grow.

--------------------
"We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness" -Thich Nhat Hanh

Take your sweet time, everything is a once in a life time experience.

Cakes?  No Thanks.

Offlinestiopa
Stranger

Re: Foolproof? [Re: djblackout]
    #9098902 - 10/19/08 04:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
seriously,  all you need is a glove box.  Go make one out of a big rubbermade you can get for 6.24 at wally world.

cut two holes out for your arms

rub some alcohol in that bitch and bam!

sterile.

noc the jars up in there and make a shotgunFC  or do gallon zip loc bags like i do.

It wont be sterile. You just gonna have still air inside.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Foolproof? [Re: stiopa]
    #9098904 - 10/19/08 05:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Full proof would be building a glovebox, pc'ing the pf jars and inoculating in the glovebox.

--------------------

Offlinedothedew69
Relearning
 User Gallery

Re: Foolproof? [Re: IcAnFeeLthErain]
    #9098920 - 10/19/08 05:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Did you flame sterilize that needle? I don't know anything about that dome except was told not to buy it. If you were not that sterile, nothing is foolproof, not even a laminar flowhood is foolproof.

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: Foolproof? [Re: dothedew69]
    #9098929 - 10/19/08 05:29 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by tripchip (10/19/08 05:31 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Foolproof? [Re: dothedew69]
    #9098930 - 10/19/08 05:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Nothings foolproof.

The mycodome is an overpriced bucket with an airpump, hydroton, presterilised substrate and some spores. Which cost em pennies to make.

Mycodome fits hardly anything inside. And alot of the time gives poor results.

It comes with a digital hygrometer (which are crap) you need an adjustable hygrometer to acuratly read RH.

Trust me, you will save yourself a lot of money using the pf tek. And you can keep the process going by taking prints, making new spore syringes and inocing new jars up.

www.mushroomvideos.com

The only extra steps you will be doing is mixing up water with verm, then mixing brown rice flour in, loading it into jars dry verm on top. Sterilising waiting to cool. Then in a glovebox inocing them. And leave them be at room temp for 2 weeks.

while thats happening you make your shotgun FC.

simple

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: Foolproof? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9098938 - 10/19/08 05:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

depends on how foolish one is

OfflineKing Cap
Beginning Mycologist
Male

Loc: South Park Colorado
    #14016043 - 02/23/11 08:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I followed the Lets grow mushroom videos to the letter and I ams still having a 100% contamination rate. I used the steaming method instead of a pressure cooker is that the answer? Im a beginner looking for any help I can get

--------------------
"Snow is like sex. You never know how much your gonna get or how long it's gonna last"

Offlineidunno
PinkWebBuffalo
 User Gallery

Re: Foolproof? [Re: King Cap]
    #14016080 - 02/23/11 08:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

PC that shit.  THE number ONE RULE  90 min At 15psi- If its not 15psi its not goning to fly. And 90 min is pretty critical time starts after the pressure is up. Takes a lot to get that through to people faster you learn/do it faster you will have success - just 2 cents- the contaims could have been in the jars or the syringe you will never know, but you can eleminate the spawn if you pc.

--------------------
The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic..  Josef Stalin

Offlinebrewed4you
Stranger

#14016093 - 02/23/11 08:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

King Cap said:
I followed the Lets grow mushroom videos to the letter and I ams still having a 100% contamination rate. I used the steaming method instead of a pressure cooker is that the answer? Im a beginner looking for any help I can get

If you followed everything perfectly then your syringe is bad.  Happened to me the first time I tried too.
Contact the syringe company and tell them that you think it is bad, don't mention growing.  They should be happy to help.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Foolproof? [Re: brewed4you]
    #14016108 - 02/23/11 08:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Bad syringe. Also, old thread- but a relevant bump.

If you have some spore solution left, make a few more jars- shoot all but one.
See if that on contams like the others.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinemill
Newb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe West Coast
    #14018494 - 02/24/11 06:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Be careful to one point : The proper amount of water can change because of your vermiculite piece size, fine or coarse makes a difference. That was my prior problem years ago... As im using hardware store verm, pieces of verm are bigger than the one you'll find in growshops. I always end with less water than the recommended amount.

Offlinemunchiegreen
King Kong
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14018823 - 02/24/11 08:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

backintheriver said:
do the pf tek. you can look up the videos on youtube search for "lets grow mushrooms" and i personally think that that is foolproof. believe me it is hard to screw up the pf tek just follow the instructions.

Ya I would take his advice for sure

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures