Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

far cry 2 a bust?
    #9095024 - 10/18/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ive been reading the offical fourms and ive never seen so many negitive comments on a developers forums before, ive lost alot of respect for ubi.

im not sure whats all been "cleaned" up since the last time i read it but im sure youll find plenty of new threads

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/1521068375

anyways im thinking i might have to pass on this game, plus ubi wants you to preoder to recieve the "whole game"...aint that something?  holding back 5 missions.....

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9096395 - 10/18/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ive read two reviews now which have both been pretty good.
PC Gamer gave it a 94/100 and GamesRadar gave it a 9/10.
I've read a few negative comments about the controller layout but that's about it.

1st Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 Review

--------------------

Invisibleatayia
nom nom
Female

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: skunkape]
    #9096403 - 10/18/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I really dislike the fact that you don't get all the content unless you preorder...from Gamestop at that. I'm pretty sure we don't have them here. While there is lots of stuff that sounds neat about this game, it is not enough to make it a priority play.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9097888 - 10/18/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skunkape said:
Ive read two reviews now which have both been pretty good.
PC Gamer gave it a 94/100 and GamesRadar gave it a 9/10.
I've read a few negative comments about the controller layout but that's about it.

1st Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 Review

Ive heard the multi player is going to suck because they gimped the map editor, in fact worse than far cry 1.  the actual single player game i imagine "could" be pretty good, but online reviews, especially from some of the top sources that i usually read, i don't feel are always trustworthy.  Ive only tried a few places however and after Ive learned of there ways, Ive basically given up on trusting any of them.  some perfect examples are assassins creed, gta 4, and of recent spore.  the majority of reviews Ive seen all gave higher scores for these games.  yet when i see real user reviews its more like 50/50 its awesome or sux.  Ive played creed and that game deserves a 6.0 for the repetitiveness.  gta deserved more like a 7.5-8.5, and i didn't even bother with spore. i guess being a hardcore gamer, and having seen alot of things done before, i have higher expectations.  but alot of the flaws in these games would have been majorly improved with just a few more months working on them, some company's just put out the "minimum"  so that they can "easily" make the sequel better I'm guessing.  it wasn't all that long ago developers took pride in making great games.  its to the point now that i build an entire new computer each time a good game comes out, 5 years for 1-2 good games is a bit long

but that website i listed gives alot of insider info that i didn't know about till recently, for example they are using that stupid DRM that they used for bioshock, spore, and i think crysis,ect.  but the biggest kicker for me is the way this company is acting

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/18/08 09:20 PM)

OfflineFSBlueApocalypse
Sailin with Jerry
    #9097941 - 10/18/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I want to get this, but my rig would blow up trying to play it on anything above medium. Resistance 2 should keep me content.

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: FSBlueApocalypse]
    #9098083 - 10/18/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FSBlueApocalypse said:
I want to get this, but my rig would blow up trying to play it on anything above medium. Resistance 2 should keep me content.

You should buy my gaming laptop.  :wink:

I'm going to pay full retail just because they made Farcry 1.

OfflineFSBlueApocalypse
Sailin with Jerry
Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: Terillius]
    #9098614 - 10/19/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You realize it was Crytek who made the first Far Cry, and Far Cry 2 is being internally developed by Ubisoft?

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9098645 - 10/19/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Doesn't matter.  Forgotten Realms, Kleenex, Democracy...  Once the idea is created it doesn't take equal genius to copy it.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: Terillius]
    #9098818 - 10/19/08 03:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

true they could get lucky i suppose, but the odds are not in there favor, i just browsed there games on there website, and unless they are only listing the games from the last few years i actually see "nothing" that i have played and liked.  infact i bought the silent hunter thats listed on there and that was one of the worst games i have ever played.  the only game that looks like it might have been good was splinter cell double agent but i never played that game.

--------------------

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

#9099523 - 10/19/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
Ive heard the multi player is going to suck because they gimped the map editor, in fact worse than far cry 1.  the actual single player game i imagine "could" be pretty good, but online reviews, especially from some of the top sources that i usually read, i don't feel are always trustworthy.  Ive only tried a few places however and after Ive learned of there ways, Ive basically given up on trusting any of them.  some perfect examples are assassins creed, gta 4, and of recent spore.  the majority of reviews Ive seen all gave higher scores for these games.  yet when i see real user reviews its more like 50/50 its awesome or sux.  Ive played creed and that game deserves a 6.0 for the repetitiveness.  gta deserved more like a 7.5-8.5, and i didn't even bother with spore.

From everything I've seen and read, the map editor is pretty deep. Halo 3's (another overrated game) Forge map editor was hailed as being a huge leap forward, but the Far Cry map editor is guaranteed to blow that out of the water.
I agree with you about the online reviewers. Both of the ones I mentioned aren't my usual sources, but I thought PC Gamer (94/100) was pretty trustworthy. I also agree with you on the GTA 4 review issue. I don't think it deserved all the 10's it got. I think an 8 would do it justice, and it just got high scores because of the hype surrounding it. Same thing with Halo 3.
I don't think Far Cry has much hype at all. It's got no launch centers on gamespot or IGN, it's not making any top ten lists... It's being over shadowed by games like Fable II and Gears 2 so hopefully the reviews can be taken as genuine.

one.

--------------------

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#9103431 - 10/20/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Halo3's Forge is a sorry excuse for a map editor.

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: skydog]
    #9103654 - 10/20/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

halo 3 is a sorry excuse for a game.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: coda]
    #9107627 - 10/21/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
halo 3 is a sorry excuse for a game.

QFT Hell halo 2 was a sorry excuse for a game. Farcry 1 was fun, not sure if i'll buy 2. Prolly just do the dirty <3

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: SirSmokesAlot]
    #9108632 - 10/21/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yah, halo 2 sucked pretty bad as well.  I even went out and waited line at midnight to get myself a copy.  Almost went back and sold it the next day.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: coda]
    #9108665 - 10/21/08 07:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

All Halo games are awesome.  I love them all.

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: skydog]
    #9110979 - 10/21/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Pickin' it up tomorrow guys. I'll let you know what I think of it. Official Xbox Magazine and Official Playstation Magazine each gave it a 9/10. I'll let you know what I think of it too.

--------------------

OfflineFSBlueApocalypse
Sailin with Jerry
    #9111519 - 10/21/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I got a copy of it early for the PS3. Thank you idiot Gamestop employee. Anyways, Yes there is some definite downgrades from some of the PC shots, but not too bad. If anything, it makes me think Crysis could actually come to the PS3/360 in a non-basterdized form. Anyways, wandering around is awesome and it gives you so many crazy options its ridiculous. The fire physics are the shit too.

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
    #9111875 - 10/21/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, open ended game play is becoming the top genre.  It started with open ended RPG the FPS and then racing games, even sports games are somewhat open ended (auto-updated rosters, team management).  I'd love to see an open ended RTS.

One thing that pissed me off about Crysis is that I thought it was going to be open ended.  I had the same idea when far cry 1 came out too.

Another thing I'd like to see is a MMORPGFPS.  It would be awesome to design my own gun, ammunition, and explosives.  Then unleash those designs on an ever expanding map while different environments are affecting me and my designs differently....I could talk about this non-stop.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#9116652 - 10/22/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I got it for the PS3 this morning, and so far I'm loving it.

I give it two thumbs up.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: far cry 2 a bust? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #9117059 - 10/22/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Man... I was really looking forward to this game and defending it when people were second guessing it but damn... I think it sucks. I haven't played for more than 5 hours yet, but I can safely say the multiplayer is boring, unbalanced, and needs a radar crazy bad. You have no way of knowing where your enemies are at, the only way you get kills is by stumbling upon somebody. The map editor is pretty cool but why would I bother making maps when I don't even like playing the multiplayer?
I'm going to give it more of a chance because I dropped $60 on it, but I'm already considering trading it in for credit towards Fable or Fallout.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
5,908 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.