Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06

Have you ever had a prophetic dream?
    #9094617 - 10/17/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This is just a topic about sharing experiences. Have you ever had a dream that had some kind of message that turned out to have a real impact on your life? I'm sure some of you have.

I'm posting this because I had a really weird dream before last christmas. I listen to music and read a lot about people who make music. It's almost an obsession of mine. I had bought a guitar about 6 or 7 months before the dream because I wanted to learn how to make music, but I wasn't making much progress. I was starting to think I wasn't cut out for making music. Then, I had the dream. I was standing on a cloud and there was a giant keyboard in front me. Well, actually, only the piano keys were there and nothing else. God/some smoky blue spirit was floating in front of me and telepathically giving me the most heavenly melodies to play. I told the spirit that I didn't know how to play them. Then, I woke up.

After this, I asked for an electronic keyboard from my loved ones for christmas, and I told some of them about my dream. Thankfully, I got the keyboard as a present and I was really excited. Progress was slow, but I kept at it with no lessons. I didn't even read about chords or any musical theory that much. Now, 10 months later, and I seem to be finally making tremendous progress despite my lack of actual musical knowledge. Playing music has become almost a religious experience for me. I'm not saying that my compositions are amazing by any means, but they are impressive for someone of my knowledge.

I feel like playing piano/keyboard is something that I will do for the rest of my life, and I feel like I will do good things if I stick with it. My grandma and her brother are great piano players with natural ears for music, so maybe I got some of their genes. Anyway, I'm really thankful I had that dream because I don't think I would have asked for an electronic keyboard had it not happened.

Has anyone else's dreams changed their life in a significant way?

Sorry if this is kind of long, I'm drunk to put it bluntly. :confused::shocked::thumbdown::thumbup::heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamSignals
Morphogenetic Truth

Loc: the void
Re: Have you ever had a prophetic dream? [Re: iamconfused]
    #9094699 - 10/18/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have these all the time, I should really be keeping a Dream Journal. At this point I've been too spacey to remember them, but whenever the instance occurs I remember the symbol or metaphor given to me in my dream, really interesting stuff.

--------------------

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. (93)
Love is the law, love under will. (93 93/93)

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9094707 - 10/18/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.  I had a dream where me and my buddy we're playing NHL '06 on xbox and I went to check his player into the boards and missed, he scored the game winning goal, we we're tied.

Then me and him we're playing one night and I had a crazy sense of deja-vu and the same opportunity presented itself to me and I didn't go for the check, but stayed back and blocked his shot.

I won in overtime.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleCeara
Shroom Hunter
Female

Loc: Great White North
Re: Have you ever had a prophetic dream? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9095385 - 10/18/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes.

I dreamed I came across a HUGE white worm that bit my hand when I tried to grab it.  That thing was mean! 

The next day I saw that my cat had tapeworms.  I went to look them up online to see what they looked like under magnification and sure enough, the head looked exactly the same as in my dream.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Have you ever had a prophetic dream? [Re: Ceara]
    #9095917 - 10/18/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

a week before hofmann passed away i saw i met him on a bridge.

he had a black suit and pants on like he came from a funeral. he told me something but i forgot it, then he climbed over the railing and jumped into the dark waters.

--------------------

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger

#9095943 - 10/18/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Not really, but I also have heard heavenly music in sleep, usually between sleep and wakefulness.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Have you ever had a prophetic dream? [Re: Epigallo]
    #9095999 - 10/18/08 12:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man thats great! Dreams are important if you pay attention to them (which most people don't).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom