Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCDS
 User Gallery

Loc: Grey Area
Critical mass of multispore solution in LCs???
    #9092483 - 10/17/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone else ever notice that they have ass-poor results when starting LCs from multispore syringe solution as opposed to fruitbodies/pieces of colonized cakes?

I keep making LCs with 4% by weight nutes- I have done ME/dextrose, honey and Karo, and they all grow slow as hell. Nothing like the pictures in Agar's tek describes.

I made five honey and five ME/dextrose LC's 10 days ago. All but one have no visible growth (unless you count tiny white particles floating around in the honey jars, which may just be sediment since they disappear when stirred). The only LC that defies that model was the one that I noc'd with like 4-5cc of spore solution (the others got like 1.5-2cc) and that one has tons of growth. (And ironically, may be the only one thus far contaminated!)

1) Is there some kind of critical mass of ms solution that must be reached before mycelial growth can spark?

2) And when I finally get some real mycelium (either from non-contaminated agar plates or from fully colonized cakes, both of which I am currently waiting on) will I finally have greater success with LCs? Do most people have much better luck with that than with LC straight from syringes?

3) And, if 1cc of spore solution supposedly contains 1000s of spores, then why does it matter whether I shoot it up with 1cc or 4cc?

(All jars inoc'd 10 days ago & incubated @ 80F)

(ME/Dextrose LC with 4-5cc multispore solution (While stirred))

(Any one of the other 4 ME/Dextrose LCs)

(Any one of my 5 Honey LCs)

-Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Critical mass of multispore solution in LCs??? [Re: CDS]
    #9092491 - 10/17/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thats why its not recommended to start from spores

look in your other thread for some nice pics of an isolate LC

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Critical mass of multispore solution in LCs??? [Re: CDS]
    #9092493 - 10/17/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm I just made some LC about a week ago, and knocked up some 15 jars, 2 days later I see a strong mycil growth... I've had no probs with my LC.
I made it from the last 2cc from my spore syringe of Golden Teacher.

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Critical mass of multispore solution in LCs??? [Re: Nuzzle]
    #9092501 - 10/17/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

too many spores can be bad too, because of the metabolites secreted during the germination stage.

and a higher possibility of contams

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures