Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOyagoteneytokay
Reptilian Humanoid
Male

Transfering mycelium to agar (PF Tek)
    #9056896 - 10/10/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Lets say I had full colonization in a jar (PF TEK) and I wanted to transfer some onto agar in a petri dish for reproduction.

What would be the best method to do this?

Also, would I be able to transfer it to rye grain straight from the pf tek cake?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Transfering mycelium to agar (PF Tek) [Re: Oyagoteneytokay]
    #9057094 - 10/10/08 01:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

assuming you've already got your agar and dish (unless I'm misunderstanding you) you simply transfer a small chunk in your Glovebox or in front of your flowhood. You could do the agar dish then do the grain jar then birth the cake.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Transfering mycelium to agar (PF Tek) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9057097 - 10/10/08 01:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know RR had a great segment of his videos on agar transfer.
http://www.mushroomvideos.com/

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (10/10/08 01:46 AM)

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

#9057105 - 10/10/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

in a clean glove box you could place one grain of myce you want onto a agar plate.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Transfering mycelium to agar (PF Tek) [Re: Groomies]
    #9057250 - 10/10/08 04:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can, in your glovebox, birth the cake and take a small peice the size of a grain of rice from the side of your cake and place in the middle of your agar petri dish. Do this quickly, you want to lift the lid of the petri dish for a minimum amount of time.

dont forget to rap parafilm around the edge of your petri dish to stop comtaminents entering from the side.

mushroomvideos.com has lots of usefull information that will get your started.

Buy the DVD to see everything

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineOyagoteneytokay
Reptilian Humanoid
Male

Re: Transfering mycelium to agar (PF Tek) [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9060098 - 10/10/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I do not have the agar just yet. There's a health food store that has it right by my place though.

Do I just need to prep the agar itself or is there anything else I should be adding to it?

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9060226 - 10/10/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates