Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineb3jamboree
yes we have no portabellas
Male

Loc: 45th Parallel, MI
humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse
    #9040899 - 10/07/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I am just looking for some opinions on how it would be best to humidify my greenhouse. I have searched the site over and seen many options for humidifying small spaces, marthas, etc. But I am wondering what would be the most efficient way to do a very large space like my greenhouse.

I like agar's fogger bucket tek, but I am guessing I would need a number of them to do the entire space and am trying to save some cash.

Would I maybe be best to find a number of regular old humidifiers at thrift stores, garage sales and the like?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: b3jamboree]
    #9042505 - 10/07/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Good question, im also looking for answers to this question(except 20 x 50 x 20)

The classic answers are aquafoggers or fine mist nozzle's

I like the quietness of the nozzles compaired to the big aquafoggers, but am unsure of how many it would take to humidify a specific size area.

Also, RO water is usually recommended for nozzles as they will acumulate hard water residues resulting in less than optimal performance.

Im not sure if a ultrasonic agar style bucket is the best option for the size. It could work though.

Check out this thread as well:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6747044

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: Springs]
    #9043044 - 10/07/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I saw this url on one of those misting fans behind the bench at an NFL game last weekend.  They have a fine mist spraying from a nozzle in front of a large fan.

They're spendy, but might be just the ticket.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9043521 - 10/07/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I saw a nice promotional video of theres on youtube I cant seem to find anymore. A former NFL'r developed the mister to cool the players.

Im not sure how much alteration will be required to the ordinary "stamets" style convection circulation method with the added height.

I like the nozzleless fans, does anyone know how they work? I figure a well placed ultrasonic near the fan or behind the fan(if permissable) would add a kick of humidity if required.

With a room that big the best option for filtration would be electrostatic filters, no?

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: Springs]
    #9043553 - 10/07/08 05:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #9043649 - 10/07/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I am using an agar bucket with an ultrasonic one disc fogger and a pc fan for a 6' x 7' space.  It does a very good job and is very modifiable by blocking the fan intake to balance FAE and humidity.

I am thinking you could scale up by using a larger tank, floating 5 or even 10 disc fogger, and a big enough fan for the air flow you want.  That should handle humidity for a VERY large area, and wouldn't be quite as expensive as the humidifan. 5 disc foggers should run $130 or so and they throw MAD water into the air.

That being said, if I had a larger op of that scale (eventually), I would probably splurge for a humidifan anyways. :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: Hypercube]
    #9047644 - 10/08/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

B3jamboree...

I have a side hobby I take part in occasionally in which I make snow. This might be out of the question for some..but it is simple and cheap. All it is, is a couple of plumbing parts combined with an air compressor and regular water.

With the addition of high pressured air and water forced through a small hole you get a fog.

Here is a tiny one...this would be the size used in a greenhouse

These are also called 'T-guns'..they have the potential along with a normal house fan to mimic the 500 dollar sports fans.

JCCC

By the way..I don't use a wimpy little thing like that to make snow.. I use something 4 times that size. :grin:

Offlinegianimon
learing
 User Gallery

Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: jccc]
    #9051125 - 10/08/08 10:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

agar once linked to a option

here is a good break down for GPD to sq feet with height of celing figured to about 8 feet (i wonder how accurate those figures are)

"Triton 707u Humidifier" should handle about 1,000-2,000 sq ft and about $215.00.  agar suggeted it in a post.  Trion model # 356686-001 and uses a centrifugal atomizer:
http://electronicaircleaners.com/707utrioncentrifugalatomizer.aspx

"Hydrofogger Humidifier" should handle about the same 1k-2k sq feet and about $450.00.
http://www.hydrofogger.com/inc/sdetail/35

i would love to buy the Trion.  then i would only need a green house big enough :smile:

--------------------
life is short - drink it up!~~~!

Offlinedrjugglz
Evil ScientistExtraordanaire!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: gianimon]
    #9052492 - 10/09/08 08:27 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

not sure if you checked into this site but its pretty good too...

http://www.mistcooling.com/nozlles.htm

another good one as well..

http://www.cloudmister.com/c-6-kits.aspx

i was checking into these.. they seem to be pretty fairly priced and work great for larger grow areas.

--------------------
“To use your head you have to go out of your mind.”
~ Timothy Leary

Offlineb3jamboree
yes we have no portabellas
Male

Loc: 45th Parallel, MI
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: drjugglz]
    #9100179 - 10/19/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I just thought I would post back and let everyone know how I solved my problem. I went with a misting fan but found one much much cheaper than most I saw online. I got it from the Farmtek catalog and it is just a round hose with 5 fogger nozzles around it that attaches to a fan and hooks up to a garden hose. I have it hung up on one end of the greenhouse and it only has to run for 15 or 20 minutes until the humidity meter on the other end reaches 90-95. I got it for 30 bucks + shipping.

The only problem is it really cools the greenhouse down pretty dramatically, which will not be good in the coming weeks and months when we are going to be working really hard to keep it warm.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9101741 - 10/19/08 08:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The evaporative cooling effect will diminish if you'll regulate the humidity in a tight, narrow band.  If you're going from 40% to 95%, there will be a LOT of cooling.  However, if you're going from 90% to 95%, there will be very little.  I'd suggest a cycle timer so you can regulate the misting nozzles through a solenoid valve.

I gave up on humidistats a few years ago because they tend to crap out when clogged up with spores, and sooner or later, especially if you're growing oysters, you'll have a massive spore release in the greenhouse.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

#9105488 - 10/20/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Have you used the, HC2000 humidistat? I cant seem to find any reviews, or refrences to quality anywhere.

b3jamboree, how often do you have to run the mister/fan to maintain the humidity, presuming your using a timer not a humidistat.

Offlinewesleycspears
Stranger
    #11391364 - 11/05/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have my greenhouse set up with misters. The mist are incredible and works really fine. The flowers are not weathered soon because of the right amount of water and mist coming from my misters. I let someone installed it, I just bought it from http://mistingsystems.net/. The misters we used are placed in the center, that's why there is an even distribution of water mist.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: humidity for 20'x40' greenhouse [Re: wesleycspears]
    #11396598 - 11/06/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Old thread here, but I settled on rocks on the floor in my growing area.  They're about 4" deep, and when sprayed with water, humidity stays above 90% for several days, and that's with no substrates.  I'm sure once it's full of substrates, a weekly spray on the floor will be all that's needed.  There's concrete below the rocks and floor drains at the low spot.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

InvisibleMrPinkFloyd

Loc: United States Flag
    #11398943 - 11/06/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How do you take are of air exchanges?  Ducting through the top?  How often do you have to exchange your air?

I've seen you post pictures of your little cave there in some other random thread a couple months ago.  Did you make a dedicated thread about it yet?  I think it's totally awesome, and want something like it one day.  I think I remember you saying that it keeps a nice constant cool temperature through the seasons..65-70 if I remember right?  I don't live in an area that is suitable to burying something like that (florida), but a climate controlled structure is in my future.  Watch out local mushroom economy, you shall be mine!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds