Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

PICS 1st grow, need advice: *Mexi-Cub pics*
    #9039902 - 10/06/08 11:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hey im a newbie, this is my first grow and so far so good. i think, but i still need a little advice.

i knocked up two pint BRF jars of mexi-cub, lost one to some black contam, the second colonized fine. I spawned the good pint to 5lbs. of compost/Hpoo and poured into a small stryofoam cooler, covered with a cut gallon ziploc, and set aside on my cool floor at around 74 to let the spawn run.

as far as i can tell there are no contams, which i guess is lucky being i spawned only a pint to 5 lbs, and just poured into a cooler. and i checked it everyday.. oops didnt figure out till a couple days ago thats a no-no! ha.

though im not sure when its ready to be cased and put into fruiting conditions

and if there are any contams im not seeing?

from the top with a flash
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/08-41/335578398-PA060226.jpg][/url]

close up without a flash (makes it look kinda green-ish)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/08-41/335578909-PA060228.jpg][/url]

Edited by CappyGilmore (10/13/08 10:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9039914 - 10/06/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It needs a little more time before being cased as far as I can see from your pictures another week (7 days) at least before considering casing

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oak Savanna Region
Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Juke Adro]
    #9039924 - 10/06/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i let mine run cause im lazy and they turn out fine

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: nalyudi]
    #9040192 - 10/07/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

the shinier spots in the pics are little beads of water.

should i worry about water build up from condensation onto the plastic cover?

--------------------

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9040227 - 10/07/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

water equals rot, ive had big problems with it. deal with it if you can

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: nalyudi]
    #9040265 - 10/07/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Or you can just let it be because after all they need water to grow if it is above field capacity then you may want to look into it otherwise leave it and they will just drink it

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Juke Adro]
    #9043670 - 10/07/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What's everyone's opinion on 'late casing' and whether to induce pinning before or after the casing has been laid?

Invisiblenalyudi
he runs about
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9046094 - 10/08/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ive heard good things but have no experience with it. as soon as you see the first pins a very thing layer is layed down

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

#9056949 - 10/10/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

When is the spawn done running and its considered fully colonized??

right now all the dark parts, basically anything not already run, has been colonized. Its not large or thick rhizomorphic myc, but rather really small, thin, white ropey looking myc? i think.

im not sure if its been fully colonized, and its ready to case?

or if these small little ropey strands have yet to grow larger and thicker

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

#9056956 - 10/10/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Show us a close up and we will tell you

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineSteve
Stranger

Loc: AUS
    #9057157 - 10/10/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My small tray of WBS and coir stalled at about where your first pictures where. I put it in my FC and now its pinning-not evenly or very prettily but there are probably 60 definate tiny mushrooms and many more tiny pins.

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Steve]
    #9072381 - 10/13/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ooops!

so long story short, i waited until i saw nothing but white, laid down the casing, and in my excitement i misted too much it was a bit too moist, a little more than field capacity), so i mixed in some verm, kinda stirred it lightly, and resmoothed it light and fluffy with lots of little valleys.

but caught up in my excitement i forgot to incubate and let the myc colonize, and put it into fruiting conditions (@ 80F and 85-95%rh), i also made a simple automated bubbler FAE humidity sytsem (ill uploads photos in a bit, along with casing pics)

is it going to be OK? or is there something i should do, or did i shoot myself in the foot getting carried away with the first grow?

OfflineT2K_Rusty
Rusty Shackleford
 User Gallery

#9072448 - 10/13/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No it'll be alright. If your pinset isn't as even, you'll still get about the same yield just the shrooms might be bigger and fewer. You don't even have to case cubensis but it makes it easier when it comes to water retention and over misting.

--------------------
Sh sh shaw!

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: T2K_Rusty]
    #9072532 - 10/13/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

**Mexi Cub over 5lbs Compost**

this is my little setup, just a cooler with a little home-made bubbler, i cut the top out and cut to fit a gallon ziplock, and sealed with silicon. to keep it from drooping and dripping down, and cut a piece of a wire hanger and bent it to kinda tent the plastic, and put a extra piece if fish tank bubble-wand connected to the bblr to evenly distribute the fresh air across the whole thing.

this is my homemade bubbler humidifer / FAE Control.
made this with a large water bottle, two bubble stones on the bottome and one little output hose to the FC. it keeps it around 95%, and had positive air pressure, meaning a near-constant flow of fresh, Humid O2 a poor-mans fire and 4get bubbler
(i also put a little H2O2 in the water to maintain sterility)

props to teh honeypotty for this great FAE Humidity tek - really easy!
http://www.shroomery.org/9789/Teh-Fire-and-4get-Bubbleh-Humidifier

the casing

up close

one more

**Feel free to give any comments, praises, or concerns about my setup / grow !!**

Edited by CappyGilmore (10/13/08 06:56 PM)

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

#9072556 - 10/13/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Oh the lamp hanging down in the pic is not the actual light im using to light the FC

Im actually using a flouro DayGlow (called an indoor grow light) i got from walmart for $10 bulb and all.

but it has that blueish tint to it which was screwing my cam up and pics up

OfflineGojira45
Armchair Explorer

Loc: Travelling Without Moving
    #9072601 - 10/13/08 07:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Looks good so far! As long as you have enough FAE you should be good to go! Pinning can take some time, so be patient, but once you see them popping up & through, it will start coming fast.

:goodluck:

--------------------
"The theft of the seals and the possibility of a Planet X really point to everything we are doing as humans.

It was all set up. Were doing the same thing Hitler did with artifacts and knowledge about hollow earth.

Everthing points to hollow earth and that ultimitaly points to planet X." 

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Gojira45]
    #9072624 - 10/13/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Word!
that puts my mind to rest, i wasnt sure if i was supposed to see pins yet

the only concern i have is, my grow is in a small walk-in closet so its a bit warm, and the FC seems to maintain around 78-81 F and i cant seem to get it much cooler. will that be OK or do i need to find a way to get those temps down.

the cooler it in also seems to retain the temp well, so is hard to lower alot

OfflineGojira45
Armchair Explorer

Loc: Travelling Without Moving
    #9074570 - 10/14/08 02:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CappyGilmore said:
Word!
that puts my mind to rest, i wasnt sure if i was supposed to see pins yet

the only concern i have is, my grow is in a small walk-in closet so its a bit warm, and the FC seems to maintain around 78-81 F and i cant seem to get it much cooler. will that be OK or do i need to find a way to get those temps down.

the cooler it in also seems to retain the temp well, so is hard to lower alot

You shoudl be fine with those temps. Might be a little on the high side, but what can you do? If you have problems with the temps, on your next grow just invest in a different FC. I personally use the PMP with aluminum trays.

Pinning can take anywhere from 3 - 10 days, depending on a lot of factors. This seem insanely long when you are checking them every day. :tongue2:

Trust me, everything is looking good, and pretty soon you will see this:

--------------------
"The theft of the seals and the possibility of a Planet X really point to everything we are doing as humans.

It was all set up. Were doing the same thing Hitler did with artifacts and knowledge about hollow earth.

Everthing points to hollow earth and that ultimitaly points to planet X." 

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Gojira45]
    #9074652 - 10/14/08 03:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Cubensis have beens shown to fruit in temperatures upto 90F. It is a tropical species.

I was about to mention about that incandescent lamp. But then read you used a fluresescent light which gives of a cool white :-)

Looks all good.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9075336 - 10/14/08 10:06 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i also noticed this morning that the little FC with the bubbler has found a comfortable RH of 98-99%. and has stayed there, but strangely enough, there isnt any real noticable condensation on the sides or top

is it possible to have too much humidity in the air of the FC??

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom