Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Argumentation
    #902269 - 09/23/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

NOTE: After reading over this story, i realized it was quite lengthy. I also realized that it might not come off as strong as i had hoped. Oh well, i shall post it anyways.

Argumentation can be healthy in many aspects. You can release build-up inside yourself, and express yourself through a good debate. I consider all debates/discussion/arguments to be quite enlightening and healthy here at the shroomery. We are individuals trying to express our ideas and opinions, and hoping someone out there can relate to us and give us their view. But what are the reprecussions of a cold argument based on opinions? Reprecussion, or rewards?

Today has been a crazy day for myself. I've been a magnet for weird occurances. I'd like to share one with you. My communication Tech. teacher is a balding, portly fellow. His class consists of him sitting on the computer and making jokes about things, and people. The students basically do as they please, and do some actual work sometimes (jobs for teachers, or people who want jobs done...i.e. vynl, and t-shirt making). Well today, while i was listening to my cd player the teacher had asked me a question. He generally likes me, but he wont hesitate to joke of me. He asked something about What our problem between each other is, or do i know what our problem is or something, out-loud infront of the whole class. Im not sure on the exact conversation, because it was a bit lengthy. But the jist of it was as follows: 
He asked our problem, i asked what problem, we went on like that. Somehow i got to the point where i was voicing my opinion about him. I said he was openly ignorant. I said i dont think he was truly ignorant, but was ignorant in some aspects. I said he was best described as a Tick. He liked to suck the energy from people, to make himself feel better, and give himself power. I also mentioned, notice how everyone gathers around you when class starts, its as if your some big-shot story teller and they are all sheep. He seemed to take it pretty well.
He went on to say something like, he thinks im openly ignorant. That i dont accept the views and opinions of everyone else. I dis-agreed with him, but i accepted his opinion. He also said something about me not knowing what its like to give-up anything, that i had everything free. I told him plainly, "I am 17 years old and i live on my own. I work 30 hours a week at a shitty job, so i can earn just enough to pay for my bills. no more, no less."  We basically went back in forth, exactly like we do in the shroomery sometimes. I said to him, "sorry, this is just my opinion." Again, he seemed to take it pretty well. He said, "Nice talking with you keith". I said "you too." I thought that was the end of it. I felt analy-raped, but that was the end of it. 3 minutes later, he exploded. He got up and flipped his huge chair (chair had a full back and arm rests), it did a tumble or two and knocked into a computer. He stormed out of the room. About this time, i was shitting my pants. Everyone looked at him leave, then looked at me. People made comments like, "look what you did" and "holy crap. why'd you have to make him so mad". One kid even said, "I've been to this class a million times, and no one has EVER made him pissed." It was the truth, ive seen kids try and poke-fun at the teacher a million times, and nothing phazed him. A couple people went out to the hall to talk to him. One of my friends came back and told me, "your fucked. he said something like "i cant believe that fucker called me ignorant. Ive been carrying that bastard for 3 yrs in my classes. ill show him when he recieves a schedule change tomorrow. He'll have Agriculture the rest of the fucking year." Then he proceeded to pop 3 Xanex's. "  I had to hide....The teacher made his way back in, and i avoided him and walked into the screen-printing room. It has no windows, and one revolving door. I was safe. My friend came in, and we we're burning a screen when the teacher walked in. He asked my friend to leave us. I was trapped. He was infront of the oscilating door. To make a long story short, i apologized and he apologized. He had realized that he became everything i said by getting angry. He valued my opinion and i valued his. We sat there talking about the world, people, and philosophy for about 15 minutes.

The POINT to my whole rambling is, that i didnt realize what he was doing. I was caught up on being judgemental. I wont do his story any justice by summarizing it, but the jist of it is: He made fun of everyone. Even himself. This is true. What he was doing was trying to break everyone down. Knock them off their pedestals. In high school, your not "cool" if your not this and that. He felt that if he made fun of everyone, even the popular kids, he would be breaking them in. So when the jochs or preps poked-fun at the magic-the-gathering kid, he would ragg the hell out of them. He admitted he came off as an asshole sometimes. <--like i said, i didnt do it justice.

In the end, i will try not to be judgemental, argue as much with people for the sake of me not knowing the inside story. He was obviously made fun of as a child, and joked about himself in-order for people to laugh and forget about making fun of him. I had touched on a touchy-subject of when he was a child. Probably a family problem or two, also. I dont know how much bad karma i recieved for this event today, but this is why i dont usually voice my opinion aloud. Although, i think the bond between the teacher and I will be stronger than ever. You could look at this as me gaining something from this event. An understanding between two people. So i have no idea if all the commotion that happened after our argument was a reprecussion, or a reward? 

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Argumentation [Re: thePatient]
    #902437 - 09/23/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

lol, that is funny shit

i wish i had some balls when i was in highschool

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #902556 - 09/23/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thats awesome man!

you have a good teacher :smile:!!!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Argumentation [Re: pattern]
    #902574 - 09/23/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i agree. i never realized how great he is until now.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Argumentation [Re: pattern]
    #902588 - 09/23/02 07:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

no wonder he snapped, he is supposed to be the teacher, my how the table is turned and the ego becomes torn in a fit of rage. You gave your teacher a great gift today, you gave him back to himself. Whether he decides to create himself anew or continue to mask his imagined problems with negative karma is his descision.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #902703 - 09/23/02 08:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

it was a consequence... whether it is good, or bad you have to judge for yourself...
i for myself think it is good... very good... and i think it gave you GOOD karma... you can't do anything wrong with stating your truth to the people, to the world...

--------------------

Anonymous

#902828 - 09/23/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am literally blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First by your story (I thought you told it well) and secondly by the replies!

5 mushrooms for an insight into the human spirit!

Excellent job Patient, excellent job!

Cheers for the Patient,

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Argumentation [Re: ]
    #902851 - 09/23/02 08:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You have no idea how much i appreciate that Mr mushrooms. Especially since i hold your opinion in such a high regard. Thank you.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #902881 - 09/23/02 09:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i wish i were there to see it go down. very cool post.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order