Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares
    #9019745 - 10/02/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A particularly disturbing nightmare I had involved me constantly running from an unseen threat although I had the intense feeling of impending doom.  I was running, driving, anything I could do to get back to my house.  Once I got back to my house I locked the door and then I saw what I was running from.  A giant swarm of ants poured through all the cracks in my house and began to envelop everything in a dark carpet of squirms and dull noises of crawling.  The ants followed me to my room and I jumped out the 2nd story window.  I landed with a broken leg and the ants began to swarm around every inch of my body.  I remember 'dying' of suffocation because the ants had entirely blanketed my body, thus blocking my supply of oxygen.

I also had some reocurring nightmares that covered about a 6 month span, however I didn't realize the nightmares kept happening until one night I woke up in the middle and was still aware of what was happening in the dream.  I then realized that I had been having this dream for months (weird right?)...Anyway, I was running from some unseen threat (again) and after continually narrowly escaping the threat from all rooms of my house, I made it outside, but just barely.  I would run around to the other side of my house before the threat could make it outside.  I'd go into the woods and hide on the side of a hill that was covered with trees, bushes and ditches, thinking that it was the best nearby hiding spot that I could make it to before the threat made it outside.  While I was hiding the threat would come outside and turn in circles looking for me.

Sometimes I would keep my hiding spot and other times I would run down the short hill to the highway, and sprint down the highway attempting to stop cars for rides away.  The cars of course would ignore me and I would end up sprinting down the entire stretch of road attempting to run away form this unknown doom which would eventually catch up to me.

Other times I would keep this hiding spot and the worst sensation would take over my body and mind.  The 'killer' would be looking for me by surveying the immediate surroundings when all of a sudden it would abruptly shift its gaze to make eye contact with me, as if it knew where I was the entire time but it was only pretending to look for me to fuck with my hopes.  Then I would run and it would catch up and kill my ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: NastyDHL]
    #9019753 - 10/02/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I get sleep paralysis about 2 times a month.  It is more terrifying than any dream.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9019781 - 10/02/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

As in when you wake up you regain consciousness but still don't have the ability to move your body or talk?  If you can't talk, can you still move your eyes?  How long does that usually last?  I think I've had that happen to me but only a few times...

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9019799 - 10/02/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, and yes i can move my eyes and it lasts for me anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute.  I wish it would go away....

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #9020017 - 10/02/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I had a pretty nasty dream experience a few years back.  Posted about it here.

And I've had sleep paralysis all my life.  Scared me as a kid but the last 25 years or so I've found it quite interesting and even pleasant at times when it happens.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinelind2388
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NY
    #9020056 - 10/02/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
I get sleep paralysis about 2 times a month.  It is more terrifying than any dream.

Sleep paralysis is some scary shit...i get it every now and again when i have a shitty sleeping pattern going.  It's very similar to a bad salvia trip imo.  Overwhelmingly powerful feelings of fear/terror.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: lind2388]
    #9020074 - 10/02/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I pretty much don't have nightmares. Most of my dreams are either awesomely fun (rare) or just weird and don't go anywhere (99% of the time).

One time I dreamed all my friends got eaten by piranhas, and I awoke in a cold sweat. That's really the only nightmare I can think of at the moment.

Another time I had this really weird, trippy dream that was just an assault on the senses, filled with noise, physical impossibilities, and visions of myself and my family with motors instead of mouths. That was just freaky.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #9020083 - 10/02/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I remember in 2nd grade I had a dream were I fed this girl her own grandmother.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9020097 - 10/02/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have had on more than one occasion a group of alien beings standing at the foot at my bed studying me and discussing with each other.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #9020109 - 10/02/08 07:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NastyDHL said:

I also had some reocurring nightmares that covered about a 6 month span, however I didn't realize the nightmares kept happening until one night I woke up in the middle and was still aware of what was happening in the dream.  I then realized that I had been having this dream for months (weird right?)...Anyway, I was running from some unseen threat (again) and after continually narrowly escaping the threat from all rooms of my house, I made it outside, but just barely.  I would run around to the other side of my house before the threat could make it outside.  I'd go into the woods and hide on the side of a hill that was covered with trees, bushes and ditches, thinking that it was the best nearby hiding spot that I could make it to before the threat made it outside.  While I was hiding the threat would come outside and turn in circles looking for me.

Sometimes I would keep my hiding spot and other times I would run down the short hill to the highway, and sprint down the highway attempting to stop cars for rides away.  The cars of course would ignore me and I would end up sprinting down the entire stretch of road attempting to run away form this unknown doom which would eventually catch up to me.

Other times I would keep this hiding spot and the worst sensation would take over my body and mind.  The 'killer' would be looking for me by surveying the immediate surroundings when all of a sudden it would abruptly shift its gaze to make eye contact with me, as if it knew where I was the entire time but it was only pretending to look for me to fuck with my hopes.  Then I would run and it would catch up and kill my ass.

I have almost the exact same scenario is some of my reoccuring dreams - the hide and chase - it's like I revert into an animal and I'm just in total survival mode.  I wake up in a cold sweat.  But I never see who is persuing me; only that it's some kind of sinister force of masculine power. 

Lately, my reoccuring dreams are all about the End of the World.  Armageddon and what comes after.

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: CosmicFool]
    #9021151 - 10/02/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:

hhahahaha wtf is wrong with you dude...that is fucked haha

OfflineMcMoney
see through the mind.
Male

Loc: Florida.
    #9021159 - 10/02/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i fell...

and fell.

--------------------
open your heart to the Love.
                                          open your mind to the Dream.

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #9021197 - 10/02/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NastyDHL said:
Quote:

CosmicFool said:

hhahahaha wtf is wrong with you dude...that is fucked haha

I was working for a pirate... it seemed like the right thing to do :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9022248 - 10/03/08 04:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My worst nightmares tend to be being chased (by monsters, Chucky, that kind of stuff) ...

But the absolute WORST nightmare I ever had was seeing myself bobbing in an endless ocean on a clear blue day, seeing my body from a bird's eye view ... I can see from below a giant shark coming straight up and opening it's jaws to eat me ...

and for that reason I am horrified of the ocean.  I'd surf everyday if I wasn't literally scared to death of sharks ... if I ever saw one, I'd die of shock long before he could even nudge me ... honestly.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #9022277 - 10/03/08 04:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Mine involve either police, my girl or fast powerful water.

The most recent one I had was where I had to cross some ghetto construction over a massive really fast moving river... the 'bridge' gave way and I fell in... I struggled really hard and managed to make it to the bank of the river and was ok, but when I was in the water it was terrifying. Water is the only thing (other than the police / government / powers that be) that scares me... It has to be 'strong' though.. I can swim in the sea and rivers when they're calm fine.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: HB]
    #9042689 - 10/07/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, you made me have a realization.  I typically do not remember my dreams and it takes an outside reminder to remember them, as was the case when I saw a ping pong ball and remembered the night before I had a dream in which ping pong balls were dissolvable candies.

You made me realize that I have often had a dream of being stuck in the ocean or a body of water.  Same thing as you, I see myself from a bird's eye point of view and I get a terrible sense that I am helplessly stuck in the water while something is taking its time to attack me.  Then I usually see a shark come out of nowhere and then I wake up or stop dreaming...weird how I can't remember these dreams but as soon as I pay attention to something that happened in a past dream I can remember it with a sense of deja vu.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9042757 - 10/07/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yea those dreams freak me out.  I'm terrified of even bobbing in a lake, although I do love wakeboarding, and so sometimes I can get over my fears for a little fun.

some of my better dreams I'm making out, which I can only hope is indicative of the future ... :smirk:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#9044339 - 10/07/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

:werd: ....As soon as i saw this thread i was thinking of my experiences with sleep paralysis. I usually only get it a few times a year but in the past week i have gone through it 3 times.

I am starting to learn how to calm my self when it happens and even use it as a way into lucid dreaming. And starting to do reading on Astral Projection. But sometimes it is difficult, for those of you that have experienced it know how intense it can be.

It is funny what you said lind2388 about i being like a salvia trip. The other night when i had S.P. after i was able to break out of it i was thinking to myself how similar it felt to some of my Salvia trips, except i never have had those feelings of terror or fear during my Salvia trips, just generally the same feeling.

I made a thread just a few days ago about my experiences with sleep paralysis. Here it is for those of you who missed it http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9016860/an/0/page/0

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: openmind]
    #9044361 - 10/07/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Aliens come for me in my dreams

Demons come for me in my dreams

Dinosaurs come for me when I'm sleeping

I don't sleep much because i remember every single one. They wake me up every night. Sleep paralysis sucks too.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: Post some of your worst or most memorable nightmares [Re: Kada]
    #9044380 - 10/07/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

After i played Resident Evil for the first time when I was young I had like, a series of nightmares about zombies :lol:

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order