Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out
    #9015821 - 10/01/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

**Sorry for the long post, cliff notes at the bottom.

So lately I have encountered a problem that worries me greatly. I love psychedelics and have indulged in them countless times over the past two or so years, but recently they have been acting a bit... strange; or causing me to act a bit strange, depending on point of view.

It all started at Bonnaroo. Before the festival, I had a decent number of trips under my belt, somewhere around 30, both at festivals and in my home town. Substances ranging from LSD to Mushrooms to Mescaline and several unknown RCs mixed in. When I low dosed at the festival (1 hit of clean liquid) I seemed to trip way too hard. I was completely out there and loving it, but at a certain point I just became delusional and completely forgot I was tripping. I completely believed things that were not true, thought things were happening that were not happening and at the end had very little memory of the night.At the time I attributed it to just getting much better product than I had bargained for, which is nothing to complain about.

Later on, probably 3 trips later, the same thing happens again on LSD. This time it was worse. I got very worked up from a movie that was on and could not calm down for hours until my trip dropped off. Seeing a relation between a loud festival and a loud crazy movie, I began to think that I was just getting too worked up during my trips and it was causing the semi black outs and delusional behavior.

A trip or two later it happens again on acid, but this time I had not gotten worked up or been uncomfortable or anything. I was fine and having a great time, then my buddies put on the doors movie and about half way through I just lost it again, completely out of it and unable to understand reality in the least. I began to think I just needed a break from the acid for a little bit, so I found myself some psilocybe weilii.

The same thing ended up happening here too. I was fine for the peak, then on the comedown I simply became delusional, was running around outside thinking if the cops came it would be fine because I had crazy connections, I smashed my phone thinking I was about to get really rich so it didn't matter, I was going to change the world, some shit about space travel, etc etc. The same things you always see and think, but I simply believed it and had no recollection of actually eating mushrooms. Same as the LSD had done times before.

Mind you, these have been fairly low doses. 1 hit at roo, 2 hits the second time, 1 hit the third and 2.5g dried the last. These are doses that normally would be no problem at all to me. I could go out in public on these doses in the middle of the day and nobody would suspect a thing. What concerns me is that all of a sudden this pops up and is becomming more and more frequent. I really see a lot of potential in psychedelics so its upsetting to think that I might not should be taking them. It's to the point where I do not want to trip at all if this is going to keep happening. Coming to alone in your car is a scary thing.

**TLDR: I have a good bit of experience with psychedelics but recently they have began to make me black out and become very delusional and out of touch with reality. This is becoming more and more frequent and I don't know why.

Any thoughts? I am currently on a break from the psychedelics, at least for a few months to let my head get some rest. I really have no idea why this would crop up all of a sudden and take over like it has.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you all for your time!

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Re: A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #9016044 - 10/01/08 10:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

honestly, i would at minimum recommend staying off of them for a little while. try to just expound on what you've already learned.

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Offlineggpr
Stranger
    #9016080 - 10/01/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like 2 trips I have had where i believe the whole world was my imagination and i had died, and now it was time for me to choose my heaven.  that all life was, was a series of simulated events by yourself so you would have a selection of good memories to choose from to live out as your "heaven".  this caused me to feel so scared that i was dead, but eventually i came to terms with the fact the i was dead.  all while this was happening i was thinking of the best times of my life and reliving them in the moment.  I felt that i couldn't make the choice because it would leave out some people that i loved if i went with certain choices.  This was extremely stressful but yet amazing at the same time.

I also got the feeling later on that i wasnt dead yet and i had more time.  but i figured that if this whole world was based on me, that there shouldnt be any bad things happening to people in the world.  i got this amazing feeling of guilt that i had neglected the planet and the people on it, and that i owed it to everyone to be better and work to make the world better.  i started telling my friends that they would be kings and have everything they wanted, but that they had to help me save people.  eventually they kinda went with my delusion and convinced me that we had lots of time and we could save the world tommorrow.

Ive actually had this same themed trip 3 times, as much as it was scary, it scared me into being what i would say is a better person.  It has made me appreciate the people around me and treat others better, including myself.  I also now eat/live healthier.

In regards to you, i would say you definitely need a break and to start thinking about what these trips mean.  Unless you assume they are psychotic episodes? Then i would stay away from psychedelics.

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out [Re: ggpr]
    #9016270 - 10/01/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Definitely lay off for a little while. That's what I'm doing for now. At least for another month.:grin:

--------------------

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
Re: A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out [Re: ggpr]
    #9016323 - 10/01/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wow my friend that is a very strange set of expierances.

I have had one similar expierance and that was whilst eating mushies 2.5 and consuming a few capsules of 2c-x. During the night I tripped then decided to go ahead and eat the rcs when my trip was about an hour and a half in. It sent me into a strange head space where ego was the least of my problem. Around 4:XX some time I started consuming Jack straight prob bought 6-9 shots out of a bottle in a half hour period. Anywho the girl i was with was trippin also and we had friends their sleeping...I ended up preaching the ten commandents to her (im quasi-atheist) it was quite odd.

I came back to myself about sunrise still up and moving but with NO memory of the past 2 hours or so...

My advice is to take a break. My only view on why you might have had this happenned was that the Acid at 'roo was a segway into maybe a different state you havent previously been in?

If you dont take a break USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE AND MAKE YOURSELF GOD OF YOUR ENVIROMENT. I AM NOT KIDDING. thx for reading

Edit: Dude im in georgia and atlanta, athens and gainesville all the time. PM me if your up fo rit.

Edited by Odum (10/01/08 11:31 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9017213 - 10/02/08 07:07 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

if you are experiencing the high dose effects on a low dose, it means

a) that your baseline is raised - you are always a bit "layered" or buffered, which can be a result of good concentration, emotional tension, yoga, or a sleep disorder.

b) that your response subsystem has become adapted to smaller quantities so that a mild dose will engender a strong dose effect.

it is not absolutely clear how the effects of psychedelics transform a moderately resonant consciousness into a deeply resonant consciousness and then (if too strong) into a somnambulant amnesiac consciousness.

there is some reason to believe that we can become conditioned to respond more to these compounds with our natural apparatus. and even more reason to consider that the effects are actually natural effects brought forward by intention (dosing) versus by nature: dreaming, yoga/meditation, or emotional response.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#9017283 - 10/02/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Lay off psychedelics for a long time. Many months.
Try nine months.

Tripping too soon and too often might cause the delusional/blackout state to become the norm, until you CANNOT take psychedelics any more.

When you do trip again in lets say july 2009, make it a SMALL dose. Like half a hit of LSD or a gram of shrooms.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
Re: A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out [Re: Asante]
    #9017403 - 10/02/08 08:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I appreciate the input everybody. It looks like I'll be sticking with my break for a while until I think I can handle it again, whenever that might be.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out [Re: Asante]
    #9017414 - 10/02/08 08:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It seems like everyone here has hit it. I would just lay off of them for a while. Usually when I lay off psychedelics it is because of the opposite reasons. It is usually because it seems that my trips aren't really hard enough.

Definitely stay away and let your mind take a break. I would say a year. Try to integrate what you have learned from tripping into your life and see where you are down the road.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order