Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?"
    #9014054 - 10/01/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"Greta asks the question that no one in the media will ask -- "How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" -- and the gregarious, smooth Clinton is stumped."

"He eventually recovers and says the election is "fundamentally" about other things. But his five seconds of silence say it all."

.mu.nu/

Wow!

Anyway  "How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?"

Its the same! just like a close relationship with Bill Ayers is the same as a close relationship with a terrorist.....

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9014386 - 10/01/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah... a minister in a black church is exactly the same as the former grand wizard of the ku klux klan. Abysmal reporting once again by Fox noise

EDIT - Here's the thing with this whole Reverend Wright issue. It is a desperate ploy. Hillary used it when she was far behind, and now McCain is using it now that he is far behind. It's a slander at worst, a stretch at best, and if McCain uses it heavily then Obama can just come back over the top with the Keating Five scandal. It's the lowest form of low-blow politics and I really don't want to see it in this election. Of course, I'm sure we will as we have seen in the past. Politics truly has no honor.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9014482 - 10/01/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I predict a Luddite presence in this thread.  I wonder what he'll say about Duke?

Anyways, I agree there is not much difference.

But then again, I don't think of it as much of an issue.  Obama is surely a classist guy, but I don't know if you can out and out say he's racist, I really don't.  He may be prejudiced, like everybody, and he may be a little worse in that regard than your average person, but that's about it.

I think the discussion is similar to Palin's bridge to nowhere.  Both supported something that they probably don't believe in as general policy for political gain.

Now Palin at least was doing her job when she supported the bridge, but I'm just talking about motivations and justifications.

I think clinton's silence was more contemplative than anything, but I do agree he probably recognizes that their isn't much of a difference per se.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9014566 - 10/01/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Yeah... a minister in a black church is exactly the same as the former grand wizard of the ku klux klan.

"As imperfect as he may be, he has been like family to me. He strengthens my faith, officiated my wedding, and baptized my children. I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can disown my white grandmother." -Barak Obama

"I am outraged by the comments that were made, and saddened over the spectacle that we saw yesterday. His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate.

They offend me, they rightly offend all Americans, and they should be denounced. And that's what I'm doing very clearly and unequivocally here today." -Barak Obama

I dont see a difference

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

I wonder how long black tradition and religion were based on christ?

Quote:

EDIT - Here's the thing with this whole Reverend Wright issue. It is a desperate ploy. It's a slander at worst, a stretch at best

slander is using the words of the reverend, a man of god, to
determine the type of man he really is? Wright is a racist,
obama is guilty by association, 20 years of association, praise
and attendence, Obama wasnt offended, he believed the message,
he believed in the messenger, the message was hate!

do you know about the BLACK VALUE SYSTEM, obviously
whites can follow it, obama must have because if he disagreed
surely he would have left, his allegiance is to his 'motherland'

http://www.trinitychicago.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=114

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: johnm214]
    #9014653 - 10/01/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I think clinton's silence was more contemplative than anything, but I do agree he probably recognizes that their isn't much of a difference per se.

10 seconds of thinking and he came up with "Oh we don't need to "go there" since he left the church"

:rofl2:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9014686 - 10/01/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

That sounds like Michelle Obama's dream church! :heart:

I would not be surprised to find out in the future that it was  Michelle that kept Barack Obama from leaving this racist church a long time ago.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: How is a close association with Rev. Wright different than a close association with David Duke?" [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9014807 - 10/01/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

I wonder how long black tradition and religion were based on christ?

Gee Pris... Probably about since the days of slavery. I take it you just stopped reading at the parts you bolded.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9014846 - 10/01/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I cant find anything about the betterment of mankind or christians on general, just BLACK christians
Quote:

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System, written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee, chaired by the late Vallmer Jordan in 1981.

Dr. Manford Byrd, our brother in Christ, withstood the ravage of being denied his earned ascension to the number one position in the Chicago School System. His dedication to the pursuit of excellence, despite systematic denials, has inspired the congregation of Trinity United Church of Christ. Prayerfully, we have called upon the wisdom of all past generations of suffering Blacks for guidance in fashioning an instrument of Black self-determination, the Black Value System.

Beginning in 1982, an annual Black Value System - Educational Scholarship in the name of Dr. Byrd was instituted. The first recipient of the Dr. Manford Byrd Award, which is given annually to the man or woman who best exemplifies the Black Value System, was our brother, Dr. Manford Byrd.

These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered. They consist of the following concepts:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37

1. Commitment to God. "The God of our weary years" will give us the strength to give up prayerful passivism and become Black Christian Activists, soldiers for Black freedom and the dignity of all humankind.

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother [or his sister], he is a liar; for he that loveth not his brother or sister whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? I John 4:20

2. Commitment to the Black Community. The highest level of achievement for any Black person must be a contribution of strength and continuity of the Black Community.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. Deuteronomy 6:6-8

3. Commitment to the Black Family. The Black family circle must generate strength, stability and love, despite the uncertainty of externals, because these characteristics are required if the developing person is to withstand warping by our racist competitive society. Those Blacks who are blessed with membership in a strong family unit must reach out and expand that blessing to the less fortunate.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37

4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education. We must forswear anti-intellectualism. Continued survival demands that each Black person be developed to the utmost of his/her mental potential despite the inadequacies of the formal education process. “Real education” fosters understanding of ourselves as well as every aspect of our environment. Also, it develops within us the ability to fashion concepts and tools for better utilization of our resources, and more effective solutions to our problems. Since the majority of Blacks have been denied such learning, Black Education must include elements that produce high school graduates with marketable skills, a trade or qualifications for apprenticeships, or proper preparation for college. Basic education for all Blacks should include Mathematics, Science, Logic, General Semantics, Participative Politics, Economics and Finance, and the Care and Nurture of Black minds.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10

5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence. To the extent that we individually reach for, even strain for excellence, we increase, geometrically, the value and resourcefulness of the Black Community. We must recognize the relativity of one’s best; this year’s best can be bettered next year. Such is the language of growth and development. We must seek to excel in every endeavor.

For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labor and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. II Thessalonians 3:7-12

6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic. "It is becoming harder to find qualified people to work in Chicago." Whether this is true or not, it represents one of the many reasons given by businesses and industries for deserting the Chicago area. We must realize that a location with good facilities, adequate transportation and a reputation for producing skilled workers will attract industry. We are in competition with other cities, states and nations for jobs. High productivity must be a goal of the Black workforce.

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. I Peter 1:4-7

7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect. To accomplish anything worthwhile requires self-discipline. We must be a community of self-disciplined persons if we are to actualize and utilize our own human resources, instead of perpetually submitting to exploitation by others. Self-discipline, coupled with a respect for self, will enable each of us to be an instrument of Black Progress and a model for
Black Youth.

Happy are those who find wisdom and those who gain understanding, for her income is better than silver and her revenue better than gold. Proverbs 3:13-14

8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness." Classic methodology on control of captives teaches that captors must be able to identify the "talented tenth" of those subjugated, especially those who show promise of providing the kind of leadership that might threaten the captor's control.

is this really what obama believes, he was a member of the church for 20 year, surely he's heard or read about the 'black message', you'll be very hard pressed to tell me that obama isnt another david duke himself

and what's this? is there a conspiracy against black people by the whites?
Quote:

Those so identified are separated from the rest of the people by:
  1. Killing them off directly, and/or fostering a social system that encourages them to kill off one another.
  2. Placing them in concentration camps, and/or structuring an economic environment that induces captive youth to fill the jails and prisons.

3. Seducing them into a socioeconomic class system which, while training them to earn more dollars, hypnotizes them into believing they are better than others and teaches them to think in terms of "we" and "they" instead of "us."
  4. So, while it is permissible to chase "middleclassness" with all our might, we must avoid the third separation method - the psychological entrapment of Black "middleclassness." If we avoid this snare, we will also diminish our "voluntary" contributions to methods A and B. And more importantly, Black people no longer will be deprived of their birthright: the leadership, resourcefulness and example of their own talented persons.
  5. Pledge to Make the Fruits of All Developing and Acquired Skills Available to the Black Community.
  6. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions.
  7. Pledge Allegiance to All Black Leadership Who Espouse and Embrace the Black Value System.
  8. Personal Commitment to Embracement of the Black Value System. To measure the worth and validity of all activity in terms of positive contributions to the general welfare of the Black Community and the Advancement of Black People towards freedom.

and people talk about Palin in her witch hunter... if you look
at #3, it mentions 'we','they' and 'us', seems the church
wants a 'we' and 'they' since they seem to be unashamedly BLACK

Obama was a part of this

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9015257 - 10/01/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You can't find "anything about the betterment of mankind or christians on general, just BLACK christians" in a document called THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM? :doh:

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder