Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineParesthesia
Stranger
Male

Loc: Texas
Reviving dried mushroom tissue...
    #9007016 - 09/30/08 07:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So I've read RR's methodology in this post here:  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8478760#8478760

I have some dried paddy straw and black trumpet mushrooms I'd like to try this with.

It seems easy enough if care is taken and the source material was properly dried.  I was wondering if adding a very tiny amount of (organic biodegradable hippy tree hugger) dish soap to one or more of the jars would help a) kill bacteria and/or bacterial endospores and b) rehydrate the mushroom tissue more quickly.  I've often used dish soap to hydrate peat moss based potting soils and it does a decent job of speeding things up.

Also, how many jars should the tissue be washed in?  How will I know the tissue is clean enough to place in the final jar?

Any assistance is appreciated!

--------------------
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineParesthesia
Stranger
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Reviving dried mushroom tissue... [Re: Paresthesia]
    #9010595 - 09/30/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, I'll be sure to report my results. :grin:

--------------------
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9013647 - 10/01/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've never used soap, but with the oils/fats used in some soaps, they could tend to encourage mold growth.  I've only had success with plain distilled water.  Every attempt to add even tiny amounts of nutrients has failed.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #9275329 - 11/19/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I know that it is the preparation.I have dried tissue and spores and stones that are over ten years old,they come back everytime.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder