Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
jar filter question
    #8996684 - 09/28/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i was doing some research and i see people are using some plastic tubbing stuffed with polyfil for a filter. drill a hole, stick the tubing through the hole and silcone it in place nice and tight (air tight) around the sides. then stuff the tubing with polyfil (pre-stuff prior to silcone i would imagine). ok so my question is what kind of tubing is this? anything special? i seen this done for LC but is this also effective for grain jars?

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

:mushroom2:CHIP:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: jar filter question [Re: tripchip]
    #8996693 - 09/28/08 02:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Auto parts...Windshield washer hose.  I dont see why it wouldnt work but tyvek will work just as well.  Its mainly for lc's like you said, it makes it easier to get all of the lc out.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: jar filter question [Re: Krez]
    #8996701 - 09/28/08 02:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

can u explain how the hose makes it easier to get the lc out? its just a fancy filter i thought? right?

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #8996741 - 09/28/08 02:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

to be honest I think it's the fact that you can shake the culture better than using a regular tyvek filter lid. Here is a link to a tek that is similar that I ripped off of another member who had the Idea. With this design you can shake the LC pretty violently even with the filter in, but I think it's probably overkill.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: jar filter question [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8996747 - 09/28/08 02:53 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

do i need to shake the LC jar?? when do i shake it? A magnetic stir plate does that right? or is it something else im missing?

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8996754 - 09/28/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

oh yeah im also trying to find that damn karo syrup tek. cant find it anywhere? you got a link? also i think i ran into a honey tek. does the honey tek use the same measurements as using Karo? I plan on using karo in a quart jar with a magnetic stirrer. I need the measurements for the karo/water ratio.

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8996782 - 09/28/08 03:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: jar filter question [Re: FooMan]
    #8996787 - 09/28/08 03:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you da man fooman

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8996866 - 09/28/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The hose helps because you make it long enough to reach the bottom of the jar.  A stir plate takes care of everything so no need to agitate it yourself.

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: jar filter question [Re: Krez]
    #8996975 - 09/28/08 05:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you use a magnetic stir plate, you dont need to shake. As the stiring bar keeps they mycelium suspended in the water and broken up. Without one you will have to shake every few days otherwise you can end up with 1 peice of mycelium tissue which can be almost impossible to suck up with a needle.

If your going to use tyvek as a filter, get filter discs that are for that purpose. Tyvek from the post office is the worst choice for filters

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: jar filter question [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8997032 - 09/28/08 06:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

thanks veda. see my new post about impulse sealer please. thanks

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies