Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

please dont flame, just help me out
    #8991851 - 09/26/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

BIG PROBLEM.

SWIM is letting a friend stay for a week here,  AND SWIM has 2 COIR CAKES READY TO GO.

well not to sound wack, SWIM doesnt want him to know he grows.  so SWIM is looking for a stealth tek.  Ive tried searching for them, and want to use a bucket for his tek.

can anyone tell me the best tek so i can help him out.  hes even considered the 2 liter tek

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Edited by Magash (09/27/08 09:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: djblackout]
    #8991874 - 09/26/08 11:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lock em in a closet

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #8991879 - 09/26/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

SWIM lives in a one bedroom apartment.  but his bedroom is large,  large enough to fit a couch and a bed, tv..turntables...etc.

SWIM told him he could use the turntables whenever.  and swim dont have a locking closet.  its one of those sliding ones

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

Loc: bass station 1
    #8991887 - 09/26/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Does swim have a utility or storage closet?

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: eseare]
    #8991894 - 09/26/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

he wishes he did

he mentioned just trying to put some buckets inside of a tupperware and put them in the closet.

but i told him that the air flow wouldnt work out that way

--------------------

Edited by djblackout (09/26/08 11:46 PM)

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: please dont flame, just help me out *DELETED* [Re: djblackout]
    #8991904 - 09/26/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

#8991906 - 09/26/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Do a mono bucket tek. Same idea as a mono tub. SWIMs friend may ask what the buckets are for, but thats an easy enough thing to BS without the friend wanting to get all nosey and look in.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8991912 - 09/26/08 11:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Fucking house guest...............The worst.

your tellin me! lol

and im searchin for the mono bucket tek.  i thought the "mono teks" use air pumps and shit?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8991920 - 09/26/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so all he would do is throw the coir cakes on the bottom,  cover it with some field capacity verm and cover the bucket with some saran wrap?

he told me he didnt want to use verm on the top and just do straight coir cake with no casing

i told him i was unaware of the effects on yield

--------------------

Edited by djblackout (09/26/08 11:56 PM)

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

#8991929 - 09/26/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I just remembered you have cakes ready to go. Monotubs are meant to have your sub colonize within the bucket. Its a set it and forget it method. The moisture from your sub is what provides the humidity. When condensation builds on the walls it drips back down into the sub keeping it hydrated. I have however heard o people using a monobucket tek with perlite.

I am not sure how it would work though. Sorry for the half bad advice. As long as you can find a way to keep the FAE right with cakes and the humidity up you should be fine. I forget who did it but... the person who designed the tek used a shower cap as the lid. This acted as a lung. When pulling it up it brought fresh air in, when pressing down it pushed out Co2. Also its easier to maintain your RH. By pressing the cap down there is less air space therefore the humidity levels are easier to keep high. Just make sure you stuff the holes with polyfill.

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#8991932 - 09/26/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: eseare]
    #8991939 - 09/27/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Coir cakes have been known to fruit better without a casing. I just used straight verm on a WBS to coir cake and regretted it.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8991940 - 09/27/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well if the cakes are like 98% done could he still cover em up with verm and do the buckets?

i also noticed some yellow pee on the cake in a few spots.  real small  looks like metabolites?

--------------------

Edited by djblackout (09/27/08 12:01 AM)

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#8991978 - 09/27/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleR10tGuNn3r

#8992096 - 09/27/08 12:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

das boot...

either swim doesnt have a place of his own to grow and he is endangering someone else with this... or swim doesnt need someone else staying with him because it is a hinderance to his opperation and an unwanted protocal...

either way swim is in a compromising position and compromising usually ends in unhappiness (ie Jail)

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: R10tGuNn3r]
    #8992121 - 09/27/08 12:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

about spawning... the cakes were spawned to coir,  and now its a huge coir cake.

about SWIM.. its a bitch that he has to let someone stay at his place becuase his parents kicked him out because he had an ounce of pot.  they are uber christians and this is the second time.  they told him there wouldnt be a 3rd time..so i step in being the nice person i am.

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
    #8992177 - 09/27/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

attic?

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

:mushroom2:CHIP:mushroom2:

InvisibleR10tGuNn3r

#8992190 - 09/27/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i agree with letting someone stay... that is a position that a real friend comes into sometimes... but... in the same case... whom ever this person is has to realize that they are drastically imposing on someone's life... and do the best that they can to get out of this sittuation...

i was someone who live in an imposing sittuation (got kicked out and was let in by a generous person) i strived as hard as i could to get a job... and make my end... you need to let swim know that this is a matter to be adressed... or you need to adress the matter like you have a pair :penis: ...

there is no such thing as a free ride.. and it all comes back in the end... better off now than later

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
    #8992191 - 09/27/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well if you have no where to hide it, the best you can probably do is an opaque monotub. If you want it smaller and lighter, something you can hide use a sterilite shoebox.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: please dont flame, just help me out [Re: ray40cal]
    #8992238 - 09/27/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

he has a few of those 12qt sweater boxes

also,  the dude has been best friends with SWIM for 9 years.  he could care less if his grow-op goes to shit.  as long as he has a home.

and no attic.  its an apartment

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix