Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneybis
Master of the Custodial Arts

Constructive Criticism
    #8988936 - 09/26/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

ok...so I started my first grow ever with WBS, cased it directly with 50/50+ casing material (peat/moss/hydrated lime/gypsum) pH balanced to about 7.5 . All of my work thus far has been done in a small bathroom cleaned with 71% alc solution and lysol, and inside a still air box (this includes when i cased), with gloves, a dust mask, a baseball cap, and freshly laundered scrubs on. I was fanning roughly 3-5 times a day, but was not wearing gloves, a dust mask or baseball cap while doing so. my entire grow is in my closet. The FC is on the bottom rack which is a few inches off my carpet. My tray has been in my FC for a week and 2 days now, rH around 95% and temps in the low to mid 70s.

dime sized mean green on left side of this picture
scooped it out with sterilized spoon(antibaterial soap and 71% alc), put it in a ziplock baggy, sprayed area down with bleach/water, loaded it with salt

I woke up this morning to realize that there was a spot of the mean green and from pictures i had taken the day before, noticed that it was there one day prior as well. I used hippie3s salt tek and am hoping for the best but really would just like some thoughts as to how this could have happened. i scooped out a huge chunk way beyond what the tiny bit of trich had infected and extended the salt further yet past that. i spawned 2 quarts of wbs to coir and cased it last night and need to get everything clean and good to go asap.

Any ideas on what would be the best way to go about doing this is appreciated and mostly i would just like some tips/advice/criticism as to how this may have happened so i can prevent it in the future! Thanx :grin:

--------------------
"Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Constructive Criticism [Re: neybis]
    #8989023 - 09/26/08 10:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Since they're fruiting, I'd say the trich is from a lack of fresh air, and the fact that it's so close to your carpet.  At this point, about all you can do is move the tray outside to a shady spot so the mushrooms can finish.

Next time, NEVER try to cut out the green from a casing layer.  You can salt it heavily in the area, but spread the salt at least 1/2" from the area of the green.  Cutting it out only spreads the trich more.  The salt will kill any mycelium, mold or mushroom, that it comes into contact with.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: Constructive Criticism *DELETED* [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8989325 - 09/26/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

Offlineneybis
Master of the Custodial Arts

Re: Constructive Criticism [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8992808 - 09/27/08 09:07 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
After you salt it is the tray only good for that flush?
And should you move it outside after harvest?

well doing this is all merely a preventative measure towards an inevitable end. I "imagine" you could keep salting the mean green until you get 3 flushes, if you wanted to, but its going to spread like wildfire and maybe even start to effect your harvest or future grows (if the growing area is not cleaned properly). Right now, there are no greenies on my shrooms so they should be good but im not planning on keeping this tray around for long. RR had stated move it outside RIGHT NOW, i just can't do that so i am keeping it around for the first flush or second sighting of mean green, then the dumpster tek it is :laugh:. If you CAN move a contam tray outside, i would suggest doing so ASAP, i wouldn't wait for any harvest.

On a side note, still no sighting of the green monster, mushrooms appear to be growing well and i expect my one and only flush probably tomorrow or monday...here are some new pics

--------------------
"Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds