Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBen_2002
Stranger
can i get an id for these shrooms please
    #896782 - 09/21/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hey people i was hoping i can get an id for these shroom which me nad my friend collected the other day all i can really say about them is well with the biggest one that one is creating what looks like ink in its gills and was growing in near the bottom of a tree
The other one with the thinnest stem was growing underneath a small bridge

and that last species i have was actually growing out of a snail shell I?m hoping one of these is pscilosbe (i?m crossing my fingers) if any of these are safe and psychoactive please let me know thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Ben_2002]
    #896994 - 09/21/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Edited by Macey Howard (09/21/02 06:07 AM)

OfflineElGreco
Ken Kennif
Re: can i get an id for these shrooms please [Re: Macey Howard]
    #897000 - 09/21/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Moe, this is Mr_Mushrooms. I got deleted. Help!

Cheers,

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: can i get an id for these shrooms please [Re: Ben_2002]
    #897208 - 09/21/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well, certainly none of those are in very good shape. None of them are active. And, given the condition they're in, I wouldn't eat any of them.

Also, make sure you get spore prints for your mushrooms. The spore color is essential for identification.

For the first mushroom, given free gills, a brown spore print (guessing!), and very scaly cap I'll guess Inocybe. To classify Inocybes to species you must use a microscope. The odor is also very important. Note: Inocybes are mostly very poisonous - DO NOT EAT! This specimen is the only one of your three I'm not able to ID reasonably well. So it could be something else, but you should consider it to be poisonous unless you can determine otherwise for sure.

The second one is easy because of you statement that the gills are becoming inky. It is an Inky Cap, probably Coprinus atramentarius. By the time the gills are turning black they are inedible (the gills are white when they are young). This species contains a substance similar to antabuse, which will cause you to become ill if you also consume alcohol within several days. By the time you read this it will probably already be too disgusting to eat. When young and fresh they are edible (as long as you don't drink alcohol), but not not really worth the effort - they have no real flavor and the texture is not great either.

The last one looks like an Amanita, similar to Amanita fulva. But, since the specimen is not young and fresh, it is possible that there was a ring on the stem which came off, in which case it could be one of the deadly Amanitas. DO NOT EAT! The deadly Amanitas are responsible for more deaths than any other mushrooms.

Your photos are detailed and in focus, which is good. On the first specimen I can't accurately tell color because the photos show different color casts. On the last specimen (the Amanita), you didn't show good detail of the base of the stem, which is essential for identifying them accurately. Overall, though, nice job.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates