Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Dehydrators and the smell
    #8960593 - 09/20/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The smell of drying mushrooms can be a little strong and my GF hates it, I'm not too fond of it either. So either I need a way to get a new GF with no sense of smell (the only girl I know like this is friends with my GF and would not likely go for it). Or I need a way to pump the smell out an old disused drier vent (something I do have access to) without altering the dehydrators. I think I got the where to have the air flow out problem solved but without making air go into the space as well I'm worried I'll have a fire hazard full of hot air with no air flow. Frankly I demand ideas. Post forth my minions and devise a way for me to flow my air out mine vent without voiding mine warranty on dehydrating mechanisms.

And if you know how to find a girl without a sense of smell, do you also know how to find a girl with no gag reflex?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8960613 - 09/20/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

go out to eat.

have some drinks after your meal

by the time you are done, so will the drying process.

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: themange]
    #8960632 - 09/20/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

eat em all in one night.. you dont need to dehydrate anything.

--------------------

Offlinegjm6syn6
Stranger

Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #8960640 - 09/20/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Instead of modifying the dehydrators, I'd just put an air evacuation system on the whole room.  You could use a window fan set to intake and open the drier vent for your output. 

peace,
Gjm6syn6

Offlinenykon
Mycologicaly Sufficient
Male

#8960667 - 09/20/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

And if you know how to find a girl without a sense of smell, do you also know how to find a girl with no gag reflex?

:rofl2:
hey if anyone finds out for him... let me know too!!
:blowjob:
:rofl2:

--------------------
Hey mister... What did you do to my Rooster??

PE swabs for trade.....

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: nykon]
    #8960969 - 09/20/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

notice how I used the plurl form of dehydrator(s) suffice it to say this is not an ordeal that a long meal or eating them all in one night will cover.

Gjm are you thinking put a small fan blowing the air out the drier vent? if so I think your on to something.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

Loc: BFE
    #8961004 - 09/20/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

flowhood. or overhead stove hood might do it?

--------------------

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor."

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: deadmeat986]
    #8962147 - 09/21/08 08:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

with a dehydrator they are done in under 6 hours, easy.

if you eat quickly, go see a movie first;)

besides building a container for you dehydrator (which doesnt seem safe) and venting the air outside, or dedicating a whole room to it with a towel under the door, it doesnt seem like you have many options.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: themange]
    #8962169 - 09/21/08 08:24 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

A air purifier works just fine to clean up the smell of dehydrating mushrooms, not that I ever noticed a incredible stentch but I may be use to it.

Or you could even position the dehydrator directly below a stove top flow hood to vaccume out the smell.

--------------------

Offlinewikid187
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: HybridprX]
    #8962622 - 09/21/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

use an extension chord, let it run in your bathroom with the fart fan on, this works best if you have more then one bathroom. I have two bathrooms, and use my dehydrator in the guest bathroom, not only does a dehydrator toss out a drying mush smell, it spins out tons and tons of spores.

I try to keep it to one room, otherwise i walk around the house sneezing all day.

best wishes to you and your girlfriend, if she's hot can i get a crack at her? I'm a hot chick too.

--------------------

Offlinegjm6syn6
Stranger

Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: wikid187]
    #8962678 - 09/21/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Not exactly a small fan lol, I use one of these - http://www.rewci.com/16elwifanshi.html to turn my whole house into a wind tunnel.  You can control where the air is coming in or leaving with one of these, very nice for cool summer nights too. Basically, install this fan wherever in the house is convenient, and set it to the intake mode.  Then make sure that the drier vent, or window in your grow room is the only one in the house open (besides the one with the fan installed on it).  You'll probably want the door to your grow room open for this, that is, if you have installed the fan elsewhere in the house.  So, now all that fresh outside air the fan is pulling in is filling your house and pushing all that old air out, starting with your grow room.  Works great in reverse if you want outside air in your grow room too.

hope this helps,
Gjm6syn6

Edited by gjm6syn6 (09/21/08 10:30 AM)

Offlinechrisnh
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dehydrators and the smell [Re: gjm6syn6]
    #8962797 - 09/21/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i don't notice a smell at all, maybe it's because i have mine set to 95F? i imagine if you crank it up high there would be a smell. have you tried lowering the heat?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract