Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecastle212
Cannibal
Male

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Horse poo question
    #8954044 - 09/19/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have recently gotten a hold of some horse poo. I have a few grows using coir under my belt and am ready to give poo a try. The poo that I got was in a big pile and had been shoveled out of a horse barn. Therefore it is mixed with a lot of saw dust/chips. Probably about 40%. Will that actually affect anything or will it actually help because my sub will be a little more diverse? Also let me note that the pile has been aged outdoors really good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY FIRE THEN DON'T COME AROUND CAUSE I'M GONNA BURN ONE DOWN. - Ben Harper

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Horse poo question [Re: castle212]
    #8954099 - 09/19/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Most stables mix the manure from the barns with cedar chips to control odor, which makes it useless for mushrooms.  Other stables use straw, and this is fine for our use.

Go back to the ranch, but this time collect from the pasture.  You want field aged manure, not stable sweepings.

Just a note for those of you in large cities:  Find where your local Police Department mounted force keeps the horses.  You can usually get free horse manure there for the asking.  Again, if there's wood chips in the manure, collect from the pasture instead.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinecastle212
Cannibal
Male

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Re: Horse poo question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8954106 - 09/19/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Will do. Thanks for your time.

--------------------

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY FIRE THEN DON'T COME AROUND CAUSE I'M GONNA BURN ONE DOWN. - Ben Harper

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag