Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland, USA
Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal)
    #8949191 - 09/18/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It's been awhile since I've setup and followed through with an experiment. I find personal experiments to be quite rewarding though and have recently decided to start one.

The experiment involves the use of dried Amanita Muscaria var guessowii mushrooms (which a couple of very close friends and I had the good fortune to find) as a tonic (a medicine that strengthens and invigorates). This particular mushroom contains Ibotenic Acid and Muscimol, along with other chemical compounds that do have an effect on consciousness in different ways. Used in high enough doses it is a strong mind-altering experience, from personal experience with a lighter to moderate dose, I can attest to that. That being said, the point of this experiment is not so much to explore the mushroom in a entheogenic capacity, but rather for it's supposed anti-depressant, energizing, fear suppressing, anti-anxiety,warming and analgesic effects.

At this point I'm not sure about the specifics of the trial. I am procuring a DVD called, "Secrets of Soma" which I hope will help me to decide how to go about incorporating Soma (Amanita Muscaria) into my life. In any case my interest in this mushroom has been peaked to the point where I really want to explore it, and so I will keep posting updates on this project as I create them.

Tune in for the next installment it should be released pretty soon.

For more information on Amanita Muscaria please check out the following links:

Erowid Amanita Vault
Soma Shamans

Edited by Pauvro (09/18/08 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: Pauvro]
    #8949200 - 09/18/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I just wanted to update this journal with some recent discoveries.

Yesterday I awoke and brewed up a tonic tea containing herbs and about 1tsp of Soma. I drank half of this in the morning and half at night. What I noticed during the day was that I had less stress, felt more able to accomplish tasks, and felt as if my normal existence was more dream like than real. This left me in an odd state where I wasn't afraid to do anything and I was more willing to do things based around how I felt rather than how I analyzed. Also, I can attest to it being used as an appetite suppressant as I could notice an improvement in hunger rationality. As in, I did not wish to eat as much food as I would normally, I could better tell if I were actually hungry or eating for pleasure. When I took the rest at night, I felt pretty euphoric until I went to bed, and the dreams I had were of the highest intensity. I think because I felt dream-like during my waking hours, my dreams became a lot more real, although still strangely dream like. Hard to explain but they were really awesome dreams.

At some points the dreaminess of my existence bothered me, only because I am simply not used to it. There wasn't anything negative about it, but I'm definitely going to do some more tests. I plan on continuing experimenting with this mushroom at a reasonable pace (don't want to jump into daily use at this point) whenever I have some time to mess around with it I will. Making it into a tea reduce all the nausea. Also, I watched a DVD called, "Secrets of Soma: Amanita Muscaria" and it wasn't packed with a ton of information, but I did learn that making a tea out of FRESH specimens is more active than eating dehydrator dried mushroom caps. I think if I find anymore this season then I'll definitely try making the tea, as I hear you can also freeze it for later use!

So far I'm definitely highly appreciative of this mushroom and respect it a great deal. The effects I'm starting to explore are quite interesting and could be adapted to a variety of circumstances.

This really could be the blessed Soma of old! More to come! Stay tuned lovelies!

Edited by Pauvro (09/18/08 12:31 PM)

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

#8963053 - 09/21/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I just wanted to update this journal with some new information.

One conclusion I've come to is that this mushroom, like most things, is exceptionally enhanced with the use of Cannabis. 

I have consumed Soma a few times since I've last updated. I have noticed that it definitely limits fear somehow, you can be starting to really feel different mentally with this thing, but it doesn't allow you to be scared of it, at least in the low dosages.

Although I haven't experimented with high doses yet, I did find some mature specimens yesterday and decided to eat some fresh! I was almost certain that nausea would ensue, but I wasn't concerned with that. I was doing this in the name of science! Anyway, total I ate about half of a bulbous cap, I didn't bother weighing it, I don't know why, but I ate half of it, then about 1hr and 30 min later I ate the rest. I did get sick and had to vomit, but by that time I was definitely feeling the mushroom and I had no problem vomiting, in fact, it was effortless and easy, not a inconvenience at all really. The effects were similar to eating them dried, although slightly different. It's hard to explain but my imagination was definitely running at super speed. I felt like I had been unshackled from any weakening thoughts I've ever had, I felt like a God, and the thoughts I had were heavenly. I succumbed to the tired state it left me in, and I laid down for bed. I had pleasant thoughts, and splendid dreams, and woke up in a good mood still :-)

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8963222 - 09/21/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting.
You've peaked my interest.
I am looking forward to hearing more.
Let me know if you get around to weighing your doses as well.

OfflineUK Explorer
Viva La ColonizaciĆ³n!
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: bryguy27007]
    #8963272 - 09/21/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent posts, I too am going to embark on experiments with low doses to boost confidence etc so this will be of great interest to me

--------------------
THE RISE OF THE WOODLOVERS - An Ongoing Project to Introduce Exotic Species To The United Kingdom And Encourage Their Naturalisation

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8963574 - 09/21/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pauvro said:
One conclusion I've come to is that this mushroom, like most things, is exceptionally enhanced with the use of Cannabis.

Definitely.  Try high doses of Amanita Muscaria with ganja tea before sleep.  :thumbup:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: deCypher]
    #8963581 - 09/21/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:psychsplit:

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Edited by Seeker_22 (09/21/08 02:58 PM)

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: Seeker_22]
    #8965510 - 09/21/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
Very interesting.
You've peaked my interest.
I am looking forward to hearing more.
Let me know if you get around to weighing your doses as well.

I'm glad you find this journal interesting, and as far as weighing, I will be sure to do that from here on out.  It's essential to know how much material I am ingesting so I can say for certain that a certain amount of my batch will give me a certain effect.

Quote:

UK Explorer said:Excellent posts, I too am going to embark on experiments with low doses to boost confidence etc so this will be of great interest to me

Awesome!  I fully support the intelligent experimentation of this extraordinary mushroom.  I would like to officially welcome you, and anyone else who is experimenting with these to post their experiences and thoughts here.  Perhaps we can pull together enough of our own experiments, combinations, side-effects, etc to provide a nice place for people to get more familiar with Muscaria :-)

Quote:

The Cypher said:Definitely.  Try high doses of Amanita Muscaria with ganja tea before sleep.  :thumbup:

Interesting idea!  I was thinking of brewing up some sort of bhang w/ Amanita Muscaria.  The effects REALLY are perfectly synergistic in every way I can imagine.  Can you tell me about your experiences with the high doses of Amanita and some Cannabis?  I would love to hear anything you would have to say on the subject :-).

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8965628 - 09/21/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I generally only do Amanitas before going to sleep, as their psychedelic action is more dream-oriented than waking.

It's really an amazing experience--I've been able to talk to my subconscious, experience enlightenment in a lucid dream, and examine the building blocks of my mind from the standpoint of a dream world.  The addition of cannabis only makes getting into trance states and OBEs much easier.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: deCypher]
    #8965764 - 09/21/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
I generally only do Amanitas before going to sleep, as their psychedelic action is more dream-oriented than waking.

It's really an amazing experience--I've been able to talk to my subconscious, experience enlightenment in a lucid dream, and examine the building blocks of my mind from the standpoint of a dream world.  The addition of cannabis only makes getting into trance states and OBEs much easier.

Amazing!  I have noticed it's effects on the dream world, and I also love them.  I'll have to do some more trials at bedtime!  I just love this mushroom, it's so interesting the things you can use it for!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8966513 - 09/22/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt  read yet but its best to just cook it into food or eat em raw. making a tea is kinda a waste cause tea makes you pee. just a side note.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: thedudenj]
    #8967388 - 09/22/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i didnt  read yet but its best to just cook it into food or eat em raw. making a tea is kinda a waste cause tea makes you pee. just a side note.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with you. 

Consuming this mushroom in a tea is my preferred method of consumption because I can add other flavors, and it takes away the nausea for me.  Also, I still experience the pleasantries of Muscaria in this form.  Have you had bad experiences with the tea?  If so, that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.  Perhaps you should read before posting?  Please, if you're going to make a statement like that, share some information on how you came to that conclusion.  Details are key.

I've shared the tea with someone else who also noted that it was quite excellent.  I happen to know that Venus and Hawk from Soma Shamans are huge fans of the tea and they have been consuming Soma for more than 20 years.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8969817 - 09/22/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

tea tends to just umm get peed out in most people i havent had much issuses tho i cant say it doesnt work or its bad. yeah i could care less about venus and hawk tho they are wack jobs.

tea can be fantastic my first amanita trip was tea

tho i thought iwas gona die and had a horrible pain in my side i realized that it was a hallucination and i was just tripping tho i dumped the tea down the drain i made a gallon and 8oz roughly was more then enough to trip

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

#8970934 - 09/23/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
tea tends to just umm get peed out in most people i havent had much issuses tho i cant say it doesnt work or its bad. yeah i could care less about venus and hawk tho they are wack jobs.

tea can be fantastic my first amanita trip was tea

tho i thought iwas gona die and had a horrible pain in my side i realized that it was a hallucination and i was just tripping tho i dumped the tea down the drain i made a gallon and 8oz roughly was more then enough to trip

Tea tends to get peed out?  Yeah, compared to what?  What are you trying to say?  I'm not trying to be rude but I really don't see the point of your original post here at all.  I don't feel like you were saying anything of substance.  Am I wrong?

Also, the point about bringing Hawk and Venus up was only to demonstrate their continued use of a particular form of consumption, and it's effectiveness.  That being said, I don't think they are wack jobs, they just choose to live a different lifestyle.

Edited by Pauvro (09/23/08 12:07 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8971792 - 09/23/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

um saying its easier for it to just pass thru your body without your body taking it in. in other people i have better results with them eating over tea. usually when tea is consumed it goes right thru them and they pee out the drug. as where food it sits in them and they cant pee cause they dont have the fluid. Im bringing up the fact that majority of the drug can go untouched thru your system and the whole urine drinking thing.

well theres also that post on erowid where theres a couple that drinks each others urine and are really strange about it, hawk seems like those kinda people.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=28413

so thats all im saying i guess. rock on tho personally i retain my urine if i eat em or drink tea.

i finally read it, i was busy the other day. vomiting is obviously a mechanism of making not OD ODing on them isnt pleasant. my advice to eating them raw is do it slowly or mix it into food, i find them to be like ayahuasca but for your neck of the woods and the purge is just like how ayahuasca has one.

as of making it stronger cannabis,wormwood,and sage are great at that. all things you can add to tea or cooking. smoking them during the come up helps too including the mushroom it self.

i find it works best tho when you properly open yourself to it and you do just that. congrats im glad more and more people are getting a clue especially when it comes to going that yellow ones dont work and red are supreme.

i wonder do you also get the extasy feeling too thats something i only get tho from NY state amanitas. nj ones can have a PCP like effect tho that ny state ones lack

--------------------

OfflineUK Explorer
Viva La ColonizaciĆ³n!
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #8971929 - 09/23/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

this mushroom is definately Soma imo. During an experience I had on whilst a litle scared I though "I'm an honest lad, the evil in the atmosphere won't get me, the good will look after me" or something along those lines.

Something then seemd to throttle me and push me back in my chair, sounds scary but it wasn't, i thought it was a "don't take the piss" sign.

Two stone tablets with curved tops (just like in the bible) then appeared in the air before me with a transcription starting "the honest man..." A booming sterotypical god-like voice then spoke "He the honest man who shall..." and followed with a short passage, sentence describing what will come of the honest man.

Unfortunately my short-term memory is terrible (too many ecstasy tablets over the years no doubt) and straight away and now still I can't remember the exact words except for it was very biblical and meaningful.

I will have to write a full report of this experience when i get chance.

very much a god and the devil experience and i can see where 'the spirit realm' god and evil etc in religioun of old has come from if indeed this mushroom was ingested back then -which i believe it was by Moses -the burning bush etc

--------------------
THE RISE OF THE WOODLOVERS - An Ongoing Project to Introduce Exotic Species To The United Kingdom And Encourage Their Naturalisation

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: UK Explorer]
    #8971953 - 09/23/08 08:13 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Great, an updated new testament and you forget to write it down...  Wonderful.  Fine prophet you are.  Sheesh.

OfflinePauvro
Oracle of Gaia
Male User Gallery

Re: Seeing Soma (An Ongoing Journal) [Re: 04281969]
    #8972398 - 09/23/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

JOURNAL UPDATE:

I don't have a whole lot to add except that I've been constantly finding this mushroom.

I have:

- More than 10 frozen caps in my freezer
- A whole freezer bag full of potent dried caps
- 26oz of tea made from 15 fresh specimens

Needless to say I have plenty of Soma for my future usage :-)

Here are some pictures of yesterday's haul.

Pretty soon I will be experimenting with the tea I've made, but I'm going to have to take it slow, it should be very potent.  Stay tuned for more Soma Secrets :-) haha.

thedudenj:  I experience a variety of things with the specimens I find around here.  I have felt the euphoria and I've also felt the feeling of the world becoming a huge stage, or dream, where I could do anything I pleased.  I could definitely see how this was used before battle.  Hell, if I knew I had to fight a bunch of people I would down some Soma for sure.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#8972430 - 09/23/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i dunno one nice sized mushroom should make a gallon of tea like my one in a jar

--------------------

OfflineDXM Guru
DXM Fucking Sucks
Male

#8972594 - 09/23/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

What I'm more impressed by is your ability to identify and confidently eat amanitas. Dint fucking pick the wrong one! But great journal

--------------------
"The important thing is to have a body doing the right actions, and your mind doing Nothing"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale