Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Milo / Millet questions
    #893384 - 09/19/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have a few questions regarding type use etc...........
1) Does type of millet matter ? i.e. I had four choices Siberian , Red Proso , White Proso , German Millet .
2) Milo , I got a 6 lb pound bag , I noticed some broken kernels of corn in the bag , and many broken and or hollow milo sheels . Should I sort through it and only use best kernels of milo and get rid of corn pieces ?
3)What ratio should I use milo/millet        50/50 , 60/40 ? Or does it not matter all that much ?
Thanx  :confused: 
My feelings are hurt , my question was not worthy of a response , I did a search and found no definitive answers , oh well trial and error it is .............experimentation here I come !  :crazy:  :smirk:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (09/19/02 02:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular

Re: Milo / Millet questions [Re: tripndicular]
    #893754 - 09/19/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Persistant bastard arent I ?  :smile: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #893834 - 09/19/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Any or all those will work.

The Raccoon uses a wild bird seed mix on red & white millet, with some small % milo, SF seeds & crushed corn in it. He uses empty husks & all. Husks provide lignin, as does hulls of SF seeds. A tiny bit of corn - will hurt nothing.

Simply soak however much you intend to use overnight (18 to 36 hours) in a plastic container. Add some strained or filtered dung juice and/or dung/straw juice to the soak water, if you wish. The Coon does.

Remove seed, rinse well, drain WELL (as in -- very well and/or nuke them a few minutes to steam out a little of the moisture content -- if you think it is excessive).

Load your jars 3/4 full, apply filter disk (or whatever) & lid w/hole. Cover w/tinfoil or rubber band on double coffee filters over the exterior of the lid & jar.

PC @ 15 pounds for 60 to 90 minutes, let PC cool, remove jars while still hot & shake to insure no clumps. Store jars in a clean dry place until room temp & then use as you wish.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Milo / Millet questions [Re: SixTango]
    #893867 - 09/19/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx for the answer , I have waited all day for one . I already made up my mixand autoclaved for 45 min . I am just experimenting while I wait for my "true" run . I am going to use left over mycelium on agar , why waste it , even if it was not best strains (rhizmorphic stranded) . Waiting for second petris to mature .
Thanx a million again for your answer  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflinePSILLYSIMON
ALL CAPS
Loc: texas
    #894019 - 09/19/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude , buy a rice steame for any bird seed.They are so awsome,All you do is add equal parts berdseed and water ,plug in and turn on.perfect birdseed in 30 min, then load in jars and pc for 45 min. perfect every time.
PSILLYSIMON

--------------------
3,2,1, BLASTOFF!!!!

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Milo / Millet questions [Re: PSILLYSIMON]
    #894214 - 09/19/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Steam these. 6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by Anno (10/30/02 11:06 AM)

Invisibletripndicular

#894247 - 09/19/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Fucker I want some that nice looking ! I am freaking jealous right now . (laughing maniacaly and drooling )  :smile:
Well you just got a nomination from me for the free spore print based on my assumption of your exp. it is now quite obvious you are worthy of my nomination .
As of this moment you are my inspiration ! "ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SIX TANGO !"
The mushroom godess has blessed that endeavor of yours !
THANX 6T  :cool: 

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (09/19/02 06:03 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#894303 - 09/19/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Pooooo Bahhhhhhhh.

Calm down. Just learn. You can do it better than that. It just takes getting it togather & doing it, until you have it YOUR WAY.

6T :tongue: 

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#894316 - 09/19/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am calm :crazy: I was just so happy to see that the path I have chosen is not a fruitless one  :smile: You have shown me proof  :smirk:

Are those grown on the milo/millet recipe you mentioned earlier in this post ?

I am making my first attempt with a kit given to me , I am in stage two of strain selection .
That is why I chose to experiment with larger quantities of milo .......... I thought why not play around with the unused portions in first set of petri dishes , while I wait for my selected strain to dominate new agar .

If you do not mind , I may pester you in the future to tap your knowledge and experience ?

Thanx again for all you have shared so far .  :smile: :smile: :cool:

"May the mushroom godess bless all your endeavors "

My Minds Eye  aka Just some asshole , tripndicular

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#895081 - 09/20/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Those were a litlle experiment. A pint of colonized wild bird/seed (B/S) was just dumped (whole & solid) into a pot with custom compost.

Then given a light casing cover of coir. Then, simply placed in a closed rubbermaid w/small amount of water in the bottom. Then left alone.

The compost did not have time to colonize before the solid pint of B/S ran through the light layer of coir & pinned :frown:. Thus, the fruits were small :frown:.

Another batch is being done, but this time the B/S was spooned out of a solid pint & throughly mixed with the compost. The 'hope" is that this time the compost will colonize, then pin -- resulting in bigger fruits because of a bigger/ better more substancial substrate  :smile:.

For big fruits- generaly: use either a cow/horse & wheat straw - or high grade compost substrate.

If you have a source of aged, leached, dry horse or cow manure. You have a good advantage over many - who cannot get those with ease. Check out RoadKills or Mycofiles recent grow logs to see results from dung type substates. They rock.

The trouble with all this -- is. Interested peaple can't all get the "exact" same ingrediants to use as spawm & substrate. Nor, is everybodies temproment, budget, eqt, PC, air filtration, style, sterility, space, enviro, light, temp & rh -- the same.

Others simply lack PATIENCE.

So RESULTS DIFFER.

You will find that this type cultivation is something of an art form.

Don't expect to make masterpeices the first try. Nor, the second or 3rd. This is a learn by trial & error system. You learn from your errors. Expect to make a few. Everybody does.

It takes a while to get the hang of it. Once you have the basics down & determine what works best for you. You will develope your own style & get quicker, bigger, better results.

After you advance to a certain point. Then try agar type isolates or clones. They differ from multispore innoc's & generaly result in more consistant -- even fruits.

The key is patience & tenacity. Just keep trying & sooner than later, you will prevail. :grin:

6T  :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#895157 - 09/20/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I may have messed up this first batch of seed . I believe I made it too dry .
Could I "inject" medically sterile water into jar to boost moisture a bit , or is this a hard earned lesson ? Start again if to dry .
I thru in some mycelium already .  :smirk: 

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #895232 - 09/20/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you are using mycelium you could inject peroxidated H2O (1 part H2O2-19 parts H2O) into the substrate.. that should work better than simply sterile water.
good luck

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#895241 - 09/20/02 07:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You believe it is to dry? Why do you believe that? How was it made?

Again, patience is the key. Take your best shot. Do what you do. Then be patient & see what developes.

If nothing developes or you end up with a contam. Change the method & try again -- until you find one that works.

Injecting water is taking a chance. You may end up with it to wet.

The object is to get the grain or seed to betweem a 40 & 60 moisture ratio. Around 50% being optimum.

The Raccoons soak, rinse & drain method is simple. It gets the grain or seed "somewhere' inside the required moisture ratio. Which works. So, he just sticks to it.

Try differing methods. Find what works for you.

Rome was not built -- overnight. Nor, is a rocking crop cultivated -- overnight. Just read, learn, tinker & test. If you do that long enough? You should find a method that works for you.

6T :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#895301 - 09/20/02 07:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was not scientific or exact in my making . :blush: :smirk:
I put a quarter cup of seed in a half pint , put in aprox 25ml to 30ml of water , then put in auotclav for 50 mins , very loose fitting lids with no holes in them .
They look swollen up real good there is no dew drops in jars , all crumbles well , with exception of one or two small clumps (smaller than a peanut) , if I let sit for hours all the seed packs together until shaken again . I just assume there should be a small amount of condensation in jars .  :cool: 

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Milo / Millet questions [Re: Alkaloids]
    #895316 - 09/20/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am talking "truly" sterile water . It is used in hospitals , come in a rubber corked sealed jar , you insert needle , draw what water you need then inject , kinda like thre bottles you see in docs office when getting shots .
But yes , I hear your idea and am interested in the use of h202 , I have found some info on how to eliminate a lot of sterilizing practice by using h202 , I have not yet bought it , but I have read in sales pitch sounds awesome . :laugh: 

--------------------

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

#895509 - 09/20/02 08:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The Raccoon never used 1/2 pints. He started with quarts & sometimes uses pints - now.

So, he can't offer any suggestion -- if you did it - wrong.

Hell, the Raccoon probobly does it wrong. But, it works for him. Below are some results of the B/S soak, rinse, drain & load method.

These are G2G transfers, that fully colonize in 10 or 12 days.

The Raccoon uses two (2) 1/4 inch holes in plastic lids, w/filter disk under & double coffee filter over. The reason for two holes was at first -- for onr to innoc through. But stopped using spore syringes & went to G2G transfers.
Still use two holes -- because it works -- fro the Coon.

As for the coffee filters. They just keep contam crap off the top of the lids.

6T.

--------------------

Edited by Anno (11/01/02 04:07 AM)

Invisibletripndicular

#895528 - 09/20/02 09:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I use half pints because the autoclav I am using will only hold jars that size .
I like  that coffee filter thing , I am using it cause of you  ( I only have unbleached type though ), and I have no other means of air filtration . Where can I get filter disks , or do I just homemaker one from poly fill material ?  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #895901 - 09/20/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'm getting very good results using discs I make from tyvek. I take fedex or USPS express mailing pouches.. look on the back, they say made from tyvek. Then I cut a circle out of them, and use them as filters.. work better than the bought filters I have, or the polyfill ones.

for me anyhow

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Milo / Millet questions [Re: Raadt]
    #895903 - 09/20/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree that purchasing filter discs is a waste of money! :wink: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlineellisdee625
enthusiast
    #895906 - 09/20/02 12:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hey 6T, how many generations do you do g2g before you start again with a fresh print?

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract