Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAdoreChampignons
Mycophilic One

Loc: Seti Alpha 5
Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms
    #8930373 - 09/14/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Greetings,
many vegetarians have told me that portabella mushrooms are the best because they are so meaty and can often be prepared to taste like meat.  However, the recipes that I come across don't seem to make the portabella mushroom that tasty.  Others have suggested that for the best taste, portabellas need to be first marinaded then grilled.  If that's true, can anyone offer a grilling marinade recipe?

Mycophilic One

--------------------
There is no such thing as a dumb question.  There are just curious people trying to learn something new. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms [Re: AdoreChampignons]
    #8932095 - 09/15/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I got you buddy.

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp Cayenne
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh ginger

Use a whisk to this and get it well homogenized. Let it sit on the mushrooms in the fridge over night.

This is an excellent sweet and spicy glaze/marinade that I use for shies ka bobs and for white tenderized white meat chicken.

It will be fantastic on your mushrooms, Ive used it like that too. This is a Thai inspired recipe.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms [Re: Psychoslut]
    #8932103 - 09/15/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Itallian marinade:
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup white wine
pinch Basil
pinch Oregano
2 tbsp Lemmon Juice
2 cloves Garlic, mashed
pinch marjoram
pinch thyme
2 tbsp tamari

Spicy marinade:
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup wine
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne

Same prep as psychoslut's, whisk and let sit overnight in the fridge in a large bowl.
Also,
I like to add a little cilantro to an asian marinade myself.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (09/15/08 07:35 AM)

Mycophilic One

Re: Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms [Re: AdoreChampignons]
    #8935356 - 09/15/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AdoreChampignons said:
Greetings,
many vegetarians have told me that portabella mushrooms are the best because they are so meaty and can often be prepared to taste like meat.  However, the recipes that I come across don't seem to make the portabella mushroom that tasty.  Others have suggested that for the best taste, portabellas need to be first marinaded then grilled.  If that's true, can anyone offer a grilling marinade recipe?

Mycophilic One

Thanks a bundle.  I'll give a shot this coming weekend.
Be Well and Blessed Be,
Mycophilic One

--------------------
There is no such thing as a dumb question.  There are just curious people trying to learn something new. 

Mycophilic One

Re: Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8935399 - 09/15/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Itallian marinade:
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup white wine
pinch Basil
pinch Oregano
2 tbsp Lemmon Juice
2 cloves Garlic, mashed
pinch marjoram
pinch thyme
2 tbsp tamari

Spicy marinade:
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup wine
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne

Same prep as psychoslut's, whisk and let sit overnight in the fridge in a large bowl.
Also,
I like to add a little cilantro to an Asian marinade myself.

Gee, many thanks to you too!!!  I'll give both recipes a try.
Be Well and Blessed Be,
Mycophilic One

--------------------

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#8941803 - 09/16/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wait! Wait! Wait! Don't cook yet :grin:

Ohh yeahhh...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Portobello-Sandwiches/Detail.aspx

I couldn't find this recipe forever and have just been wingin it since, but you prompted me to look deeply and I(we) have been rewarded! These sandwiches are sooo juicy and so good. These are definitely one of the best things I've eaten before - seriously.

Otherwise I have a recipe for Jerk Portobella Mushrooms (from "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson)...

"Jerk-Spiced Portobello Steaks"

2 t light brown sugar or natural sweetener
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground allspice
1 t dried oregano
1 t sweet paprika
1 t salt
1/2 t cayenne
1/4 t freshly grated nutmeg
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil

1. In a shallow mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, allspice, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Coat the mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons of teh olive oil, then coat them evenly with the spice mixture. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Serve hot.

"These succulent 'shrooms can be served over rice or on toasted burger rolls."

I served these over rice. I wouldn't completely cover the caps with the spice blend since it's pretty strong. I covered the entire surface of each one and I could barely taste portobello...good for those who don't like em, but I do! It's all right anyway because the seasoning is amazing (my friends said it was *very* spicy). I also freshly ground all the spices in a mortar n pestle, which may have made the difference....

Good luck yo and tell us what you end up making and how they turned out!

Thanks for the other recipes too, I'll have to try them :smile:

Mycophilic One

Re: Recipe Request - Grilling Marinade For Portabella Mushrooms [Re: fazdazzle]
    #8942897 - 09/17/08 05:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
Wait! Wait! Wait! Don't cook yet :grin:

Ohh yeahhh...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Portobello-Sandwiches/Detail.aspx

I couldn't find this recipe forever and have just been wingin it since, but you prompted me to look deeply and I(we) have been rewarded! These sandwiches are sooo juicy and so good. These are definitely one of the best things I've eaten before - seriously.

Otherwise I have a recipe for Jerk Portobella Mushrooms (from "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson)...

"Jerk-Spiced Portobello Steaks"

2 t light brown sugar or natural sweetener
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground allspice
1 t dried oregano
1 t sweet paprika
1 t salt
1/2 t cayenne
1/4 t freshly grated nutmeg
4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil

1. In a shallow mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, allspice, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Coat the mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons of teh olive oil, then coat them evenly with the spice mixture. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Serve hot.

"These succulent 'shrooms can be served over rice or on toasted burger rolls."

I served these over rice. I wouldn't completely cover the caps with the spice blend since it's pretty strong. I covered the entire surface of each one and I could barely taste portobello...good for those who don't like em, but I do! It's all right anyway because the seasoning is amazing (my friends said it was *very* spicy). I also freshly ground all the spices in a mortar n pestle, which may have made the difference....

Good luck yo and tell us what you end up making and how they turned out!

Thanks for the other recipes too, I'll have to try them :smile:

Wow!!! Gee, thank you too!!!  I guess I need to make more room in the fridge.  There's lots of good recipes to try out.
Thanks,

Mycophiic One

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag