Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
BRF Substitute
    #8916588 - 09/12/08 03:33 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm on my first grow. I have, "A" cake at 100%, and rest are like... 50-85% colonized. When gathering the materials for the cakes, I had a hard time finding BRF. I first went to GNC <Shrug> lol :grin: Then I drove around spotting health food store. None had BRF... So I went to Wal-mart to have a look around... and came across this;

It sounded to be pretty much dead on to being the next best thing. Possibly better ? :smirk: The ingredients do say brown rice. Anyhow, I guess it works, my cakes are doing good. I'm sure every ones got a wal-mart close by (Dunno about outside of America) so you can just look for this, or possibly a resembling dry-rice baby-food.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: BRF Substitute [Re: Boris]
    #8916642 - 09/12/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Its mostly brown rice flour by the looks of it. I think it should work, but due to the other ingredients may not have as much nutirition as using BRF on its own.

We will be looking forward to seeing your results.

Another alternative to BRF is rye flour, but you will need a pressure cooker to sterilise (just like with grains).

Also, if you have a coffee grinder you can make your on flour with brown rice. Through it in the grinder and out comes flour.

Health shops are usually the best place to find brown rice flour. Making your own is cheaper though.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineMightyWhite
Male
    #8916748 - 09/12/08 05:08 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Boris-you can check out Bobs Redmill.com

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: BRF Substitute [Re: MightyWhite]
    #8916759 - 09/12/08 05:14 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The thing is I'm VERY impatient, and I have chronic A.D.D. and when I order something through the mail... IT DRIVES ME CRAZY !!! every other thought is like... WHENS IT GUNNA BE HERE ?!?! this is taking too long. Maybe something happened to my order during shipping... ect... So I gotta get it, and RIGHT THEN ! Rofl.

:rofl: :eek:

I'll soon invest in a coffee grinder, and make my own. After my first grow, as I progress, and become more pro at it. In the process of dedicating a large closet I have into my shroom-room. Installed 3 tiers of shelves all around the walls, and gunna throw a hepa, and a humidifier in there... and like... line the walls with some painters drop plastic, and make it as airtight as i can so the moisture doesn't get to the walls them selves.

On a different note, I'm getting some nice Rysos in my jars;

:sunny:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Edited by Boris (09/12/08 07:03 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8916892 - 09/12/08 06:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You dont need a hepa filter for incubation and especially not for fruiting.

Fruiting chambers dont need to be sterile since fully colinised substrates are pretty contam resistant as long as you dont let the air get stale.

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: BRF Substitute [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8916973 - 09/12/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, but I at least wanna get a small Hepa to keep that lil area with a good supply of clean air, so I can also use that area as my lil clean work area when making new cakes, inoccing, ect... I put a hepa-type filter in the house filter thing, cause now that I'm more educated on this kinda stuff, I tend to flip out when I see moldy bread ect. Then I feel like my whole house is soiled with spores when my bread gets moldy lol... like mold-a-Phobia. :grin: not really, but ya know...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

#8916986 - 09/12/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Boris said:
I had a hard time finding BRF. I first went to GNC <Shrug> lol :grin: Then I drove around spotting health food store. None had BRF... So I went to Wal-mart to have a look around... and came across this;

Every big store or small grocery store, I have been to has had it. It will be in the cooking section where you can purchase oil, tins, etc. Dont be afraid to ask someone also. They dont know why your buying/using brf. I try and not put them all together at one store, I spread it out over a couple of trips to the store.

--------------------

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
    #8916991 - 09/12/08 07:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

WBS flour. Do a couple of searches here about it. The results are impressive, and obtaining/making the substrate is simple.

OfflineEmperor Reishi
Student of Wisdom
Male

Re: BRF Substitute [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8916998 - 09/12/08 07:14 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've also used blenders to make the BRF. You have to blend, stop, shake it a bit, and blend again a few times, but it works fine, if your not in the market for the coffee grind, but the grinder is easier.

--------------------
EmperoR ReishI

Looking for:    Live Cultures: Maitake[sclerotia forming], Wood Ear[Auricularia Polytricha],            Prints: **Psilocybe mexicana,                                Reishi [other than red], Bioluminessent                                                                          Cubes & Pan Cyans

Available for trade:    Live cultures: Reishi[ganoderma lucidum], Shiitake[lentinula edodes], Chicken of the woods[Laetiporus                                            sulphureus], Enoki [Flammulina velutipes], Oyster [Pleurotus ostreatus], Lion's Mane [Hericium                                                            erinaceus]

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: BRF Substitute [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #8917004 - 09/12/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've asked the workers in food stores, there always dumb kids that just look at me like I'm retarded. Lol the guy at GNC tried to ask me what I use it for... I was like, "I'd rather not say" and left quick lol... :grin:

I did see some of that Bobs Redmill brand stuff in albertsons that mightywhite talked about a few posts back, but no BRF. only like... bread mixes and crap. did see some like organic rye seeds tho. At the time I had only knew of the BRF cake method, and was only looking for brf.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8917014 - 09/12/08 07:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Use a glovebox for any procedures that need to be kept from contaminants. While some get away with open air inoculations others dont, and for such a simple and cheap tool to make, it seems worth it to take that little extra step.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale