Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewedaft
Imperceptive Pidgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast
Oversaturated BRF cakes?
    #8911310 - 09/11/08 08:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So morning of September 6th I inoculated some pint jars for PF tek BRF/vermiculite cakes. I made 10 pint jars for 2 10 cc syringes...5 Golden Teacher and 5 Cambodian. Each pint would have 2 ccs spore solution. For the Cambodians I did 1/2 cc per inoculation point (4 inoculation points. As I got through the Cambodian jars I decided that I wasnt getting enough spore solution per inoculation point...so for the GTs I just use 2 of the points per jar and used 1 cc per point so that the spore solution ran all the way down the side.

Now exactly 5 days later, all of the Cambodian jars have some mycelium growth while none of the GT jars show any sign of growth at all.

So question: Did I oversaturize the substrate with too much spore solution (doesnt look terribly wet) or can I expect some signs of growth soon? If I dont get any growth would it likely be due to the oversaturization or too the spores themselves?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Oversaturated BRF cakes? [Re: wedaft]
    #8911407 - 09/11/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

wait longer, remember that 3 days is the minimum time for germination. 2cc of spore solution isnt enough to throw off the moisture content.

Even with 1 cc of spore solution you would still have plenty of spores, 1/2cc of spore solution can contain thousands of spores.

I would recomend against the use of pints as they take much longer to colinise and are prone to stalling.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate