Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAtticusProphet
just a tool
Male

Loc: within you and without yo...
i need a legit reason for humanity to be wiped out
    #8904290 - 09/09/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

iv got some serious writers block

heres the beginning of my story:

Why did it happen? I don’t know. Or maybe I do know but I don’t want to tell you. Anyways that’s not what’s important. The important thing is who it happened to. But I’m not going to tell you that yet either.

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking it’s me. Well, you’re wrong. I am nothing, not to this story anyways. I’m just a used staple that accidentally clacked out of the stapler and fell on the floor, and you don't even bother to look for something so small. Forget about me, if you haven’t already.

What you need to be thinking about is how you want to spend the last twelve seconds of your life.

That’s right, you already know you’re going to die, so lets back up oh say 14 hours, to when your wife left you.  See, today wasn’t all bad. In fact the only regret you had when that naggy bitch walked out the door with your antique Persian rug rolled up under one arm and a half-zipped overflowing suitcase under the other, her hair tied up in a sloppy bun and sweat pouring down her back from the early-afternoon Florida sun, your only sense of loss was that she took your favorite Grateful Dead sweater with her. You could still see one of the arms trailing out the open side of the suitcase, flapping in the ocean breeze as she crammed the bag down in between the armoire and the loveseat in the truck bed.

“I guess I’ll see you around,” you said.

“Go to hell,” she said as she climbed in the cab and adjusted the mirrors.

--------------------
There's just one small problem...

...and it's a big one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: i need a legit reason for humanity to be wiped out [Re: AtticusProphet]
    #8904429 - 09/09/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

12-21-2012

Reptilians

the LHC going online

Nuclear war

Virus

Asteroid

Rework your beginning.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Invisible7734591202
It's all a fuckin joke.
 User Gallery

#8904445 - 09/09/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It seems insane that we have lasted so long it shouldnt be very hard to think of something.

As crasher said asteroids, super volcanos that erupt kill millions and then change the atmosphere, nuclear war, or genetic engineering gone wrong with a virus or bacteria.

And of course lizard people.

--------------------
[quote]Tea said:
Dude how can you say such a thing. Ive literally read exact words about killing Americans within the Koran.......[/quote]
[quote]night_owl said::facepalm:[/quote]

Invisiblecottlestonpie
wanderer
I'm a teapot

#8904457 - 09/09/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

A giant solar flare hits the earth , shutting down the worlds power grids and all of earth technolgies.  Mass rioting, famine, and war until only one man is left... Staring Chuck Noris

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#8904480 - 09/09/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm just going to give you feed back, because if you need to ask someone else for the plot to your own story, you're already fucked. 

First thing's first: You need to cut right into the story.  I liked the '12seconds to live' bit.  That's about all I liked out of that whole thing.  I found the first paragraph patronizing...and it nearly stopped me from reading any further. 

I only like being confused when I feel like I'm in good hands (and I know the author really knows what's going on.)  Your little clip reads like you have no idea what's going on and you want us to read on anyways. 

If your serous about this, just take a walk with some music and be inspired.  You need to have that single idea that's going to drive your story forward and give you enough excitement to follow through and write the thing.  Remember, passion is simply patience.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
Re: i need a legit reason for humanity to be wiped out [Re: Toddo]
    #8904506 - 09/09/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

for the bunnies and general health of the planet.

Migratory patterns of animals being disturbed by cross continent highways, humans f*ing up stuff.

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

OfflineAtticusProphet
just a tool
Male

Loc: within you and without yo...
Re: i need a legit reason for humanity to be wiped out [Re: Tri High]
    #8905064 - 09/10/08 12:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the replies ppls

--------------------
There's just one small problem...

...and it's a big one!

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: i need a legit reason for humanity to be wiped out [Re: Tri High]
    #8905100 - 09/10/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:
for the bunnies and general health of the planet.

Migratory patterns of animals being disturbed by cross continent highways, humans f*ing up stuff.

what if humans are here for a reason though? maybe our race will some day combine with the other races of intelligent beings to save the universe from collapsing upon itself or whatever it may be that will inevitably threaten the universe as we know it.

i just can't help to think that we humans evolved complex brains for some reason just as all animals have a certain special reason for the evolutions they went through, to adapt.

if it weren't for that i would totally agree with you, humans are mere parasites otherwise.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder