Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

spore shipments and privacy...(Hail Ralphsters!)
    #8896637 - 09/08/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

In 2006 I bought spores from a company advertised on the forums. My first shipment (two syringes)came discreetly in a small white box. Cool... I was happy about that. I REordered from that same company several months later and recieved my second order(two syringes as well) in a small, NON padded envelope...which allowed the easy discernment of what was inside(who cannot tell what a syringe feels like!?) AND the word 'mycosamples' was rubber stamped on the outside of the enveolpe! Yikes!
I do not know why there was SUCH a difference in the packaging of the first order and the next?? The company(and the OTHER forum where they do their business primarily)chewed me up and even banned me from the forum for mentioning this! As if I disrespected THEM, instead of the other way around? As for being banned from their forum, wow, unexpected, but it did not affect my motivation or EXCELLENT grows (:

I DO know that I was VERY nervous about the packaging on the second shipment! Enough to where I never would buy from them again. Now...it may be that(as several of the spore sellers do business across Canadian and American borders)that my second shipment came to me(in U.S.)from Canada(?)and duties/customs may be why it was so lightly packaged and labeled as to what it was.

Whatever the case may be, YOU need to be aware of this possibility when you order. YOU have the right to have your privacy respected and/or at least know how to protect it yourself.

I ordered my last from Ralphsters, and I placed a note in the (mailed money order)to 'please ship discreet or return my money order. Frankly, after the surprise I got before; from the other seller...I had no idea which I would be getting?: spores or my money order(as they have a canadian operation as well). I was pleased to get my order/request honored and days faster than I can see how I should have gotten it(?). Ralphsters even sent me a 'free spore coupon' with the order. I do not know if that is what they always do or because I am a new customer? I am a bit disappointed since they did not send me a big 'Ralphsters Spores" bumper sticker for my car( hee! What's up with THAT, Ralph!?)...but the packaging was good...and again shipment speed.
I am not an alarmist...but IF YOU would like to KNOW that your privacy will be respected...you too might want to order with such a note included as I used. Better than the surprise YOU might later be a bit shocked by(?). I APPRECIATE the spre sellers, obviously, I just believe people have a right to expect privacy on such/our orders. Never thought it would be an issue till I saw that it can be. Peace.

And THANKS Ralphsters!!! I was trying to outguess the return on my order so I could time the WBS soaking...but you were faster than i expected!...so off to soak I go!...

Edited by Wayward_Son (09/08/08 02:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineb2x
Tawhid

Loc: New Mexico
Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: Wayward_Son]
    #8896657 - 09/08/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Your efforts to scribble out your address were in vain, I read the whole thing.  You should take those pictures down :-).

--------------------
Power Overwhelming

OfflineShroomMan420
91' Til Infinity....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: b2x]
    #8896668 - 09/08/08 02:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

b2x said:
Your efforts to scribble out your address were in vain, I read the whole thing.  You should take those pictures down :-).

Yup

--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#8896678 - 09/08/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ralphster's really is the way to go.
I ordered from them, and got my syringes after only 7 days!

When you get good enough you can start making your own prints, and trade them with fellow shroomerites. Spore prints are super stealth, not to mention that other people will obviously try to keep the mail as private as possible.

Anyways, enjoy 'em!

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: b2x]
    #8896688 - 09/08/08 02:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

agreed. or at least photoshop it out.

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: Optx]
    #8896698 - 09/08/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

crap!!!! the shroom gods told me to use a black pen! Hopefully none of you are nazi shroom turds. If I'm screwed I would like to say it here and now:
'I regret that I only have one life to shroom for my country".

--------------------

' Call us....We're here to help!'

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: skaterickets]
    #8896761 - 09/08/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skaterickets said:

When you get good enough you can start making your own prints, and trade them with fellow shroomerites. Spore prints are super stealth, not to mention that other people will obviously try to keep the mail as private as possible.

Anyways, enjoy 'em!

My first two grows I was 'only' "good enough" to have about 20 10' by 12' trays EXPLODING with shrooms! Honestly...I'd rather get the spores from a reputable/fast place(like Ralpsters, I now know)than use my time(very busy)on spore prints. Props to those who can and do...hat aspect holds no interest for me. Check my gallery and you will see how serious my very FIRST efforts were. One grow in a fridge and one in a huge bin I made. The set-ups rocked and so did the results. best...

--------------------

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8896860 - 09/08/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I ordered 5 syringes and the SOTM and had them with 10 days of sending my money to them..  They are the best..

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#8896913 - 09/08/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Just looked at the pics, and that setup looks fricken shweet. I also like the glove box, so simple yet effective. How much did that cost you? $5? :tongue2:

If I were you I would definitely do my own syringes. I read this somewhere but I completely forgot where it was, it's a really fast method to get prints. I'll write it for you though.

The main idea it to fill up a jar about 2/3-3/4 full with distilled H2O, and then of course sterilize. The next part is interesting though. The idea is to set up the cap on top of the water so that when the spores fall they fall right on the water, and all you have to do is suck em up with the syringe. You can do this by placing 3-4 things above the water (i.e staples) to support the cap, or drill a hole in the middle, and use something like a string with a coin, and the middle of the cap goes through the string and rests on the coin, and you pull the string through the hole, and tape it.

Good luck, and hope this helped. :syringe:

--------------------

OfflineBig Red
No Stranger Than Anyone Else
Female

Loc: Tx Gulf Coast
    #8897027 - 09/08/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Just an FYI:
I've had Ebay merchandise mailed to me from Canada which underwent two scenario's: Retail items that were labeled to ship similar to a bland nondescript UPS box label were opened by Canadian customs in order to assess the appropriateness of the customs tax duty status (whether the item was exempt from tax or should have had a greater retail value declaration). Items that were shipped to me with similar disclosure as you described (the envelope with the 'mycosamples' notation) were not opened by customs. These events were happening so frequently that I stopped buying any Ebay items from Canada.

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

#8903031 - 09/09/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thanks! Hey, that spore collection tek sounds cool and doable!

As for my glove boxes(pics in my gallery)...easy to make and no filtration...just prelysol before using. 1 contam jar out of 20!!!!

$5.00? (I wish!) even plastic tubs cost more than that. I saw some guy make a GB out of a cardboard box(he did not even buy a NEW c-board box!!!)thing looked like 6 people used it for moving before he got to it. Saran wrap window and it was all more 'Jethro' than I care to go but as long as the air was clean inside(lysol does that)then it very well could work. I just figured that 'Better Homes and Shroom Grows' might stop by to feature me(so I went pseudo-fancy)...but they did not even return my calls!!!! Bastards!!!! :grin:

--------------------

OfflineMaabstr
Stranger

#8903572 - 09/09/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone, as a first time buyer, I'm a bit nervous ordering spores and can't seem to find a place to go and buy them. Anyone know why my local smoke shops don't have them? They are legal in my state.

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: spore shipments and privacy...(Hail Ralphsters!) [Re: Wayward_Son]
    #8903580 - 09/09/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

edit: nevermind.

Edited by themange (09/09/08 06:39 PM)

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: Maabstr]
    #8903597 - 09/09/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Maabstr said:
Hi everyone, as a first time buyer, I'm a bit nervous ordering spores and can't seem to find a place to go and buy them. Anyone know why my local smoke shops don't have them? They are legal in my state.

to answer your question: they dont sell mushroom growing kits because they don't need any more attention than they already get.

also, most people aren't willing to dump the money into a "kit" when they can build the same thing for 1/10th the price by going to walmart for 10 minutes.

OfflineMaabstr
Stranger

Re: spore shipments and privacy...(Hail Ralphsters!) [Re: themange]
    #8903619 - 09/09/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I see yur point, and I plan to do it anyway, I just want to be as carefull as I can. There was a raid not too far away from here recently, so Im a lil on edge. I'm just curious why they are not sold in stores when  they are legal here.

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: spore shipments and privacy...(Hail Ralphsters!) [Re: Maabstr]
    #8903634 - 09/09/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

if your nervous, look up the laws. make your own informed decision, and run with it.

don't do anything you can't handle.

OfflineMaabstr
Stranger

Re: spore shipments and privacy...(Hail Ralphsters!) [Re: themange]
    #8903645 - 09/09/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I see yur point, and I plan to do it anyway, I just want to be as carefull as I can. There was a raid not too far away from here recently, so Im a lil on edge. I'm just curious why they are not sold in stores when  they are legal here.

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

#8903649 - 09/09/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hey man, don't knock the $5 gloveboxes....

got this box on sale for like $4, and then bought a piece of glass for $1 from a salvage place.  i just set that on top of the box and va lois... haven't had a jar get contaminated in there at all yet (except from a dirty LC, i ruled that out... too many tester/comparison jars....) and doing agar dishes, i've had less than 1 in 10 go bad so far (that wasn't x-fered from something bad in the first place)...

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (09/09/08 06:48 PM)

OfflineMaabstr
Stranger

Re: spore shipments and privacy... [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #8903669 - 09/09/08 06:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

oops  dahmn connection!  I gotcha, makes sence  Thanks. I'm off to look for spores!  :thumbup:

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

#8913078 - 09/11/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Maabstr...I rec. Ralphters(online). While spores are legal in most states 'for viewing', it is a technicality you can bet every law enforcement agency would LOVE to get around. As soon as you do anything with them('what'???? I don't know?)then it is a whole new thing.

So give this some good thought(I cannot even see you and you LOOK way too nervous!)And take that purple shirt with all the mushrooms on it, OFF!!! That 85 year old greeter at WAL*MART won $10,000 playing "Spot the Shroomers" last week, and he would love to win it again this week!

Since those against the wonderful world of mushrooms are proven not to be too wise...then YOU must be doubley wise and careful. Tripley...quadrupley! I suggest you learn to meditate first...so you will have something to do should your house come down with the 'Blue-Flu' (don't sleep naked) the night before your harvest. That way, you will have something to do in the Klink.

I'm imagining you walking into a store and asking: "Where are the spores?" Ha!! That is just funny. Best to you:tongue2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract